Author Topic: Spring Break Blues  (Read 3339 times)

SpookyPistolero

• friend
Spring Break Blues
« on: March 10, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »
Well not long ago a fellow HR'er was selling a .308 Saiga, so I was able to catch him on time and we agreed on the deal. I sent the money his way and due to the gods of fate, I will not be getting this rifle for at least two weeks. It's not really his fault, lots of circumstances outside his control, but I had bought the rifle expecting to get it before next week, which is my spring break.

So since I now have to project to work on during spring break, as I was going to convert it to pistol grip form and scope it, I've got a fair amount of time and no money (spent it all on the rifle). I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard when I need to blow off steam in a bad way but am stuck in cold, wet central KY while everyone else tans in Cancun or South Beach.

I ask you brethren, what is a fellow to do with this time? I need spring break suggestions!

It will probably at least involve some fair range time with the few weapons I have with me, assuming it stays dry.  Also some trips to the pool and gym, hot tub and all. I'm sure I'll get some cleaning and studying done, but thats pretty far from a being a stress reliever.

It would be tolerable if there were at least going to be some ladies in town, but alas, the nest will probably be empty.

How does a poor, solo, fried, burned-out college guy have fun over a bad-weather spring break?

Im freakin out man! Aahhh!!!!!  :shock:   :x :? Sad

There just isnt an emoticon for what I'm feeling ....

-Spooky
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

Azrael256

• friend
Spring Break Blues
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 03:08:43 PM »
Make yourself useful!  Fix towel racks, or hang blinds, or work on your car.  There is never a shortage of things to do. (I'm not saying that I'm any better at you about being productive, but that was always my dad's advice)

SpookyPistolero

• friend
Spring Break Blues
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 03:35:09 PM »
Yea, I'm hoping to knock out most things like that in about a day. Gonna fiberglass a hole I found in the cab of the truck, fix garbage disposal, etc...

I already know how much work I have to get done, looking for the opposite.
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

Azrael256

• friend
Spring Break Blues
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 07:26:20 PM »
Oh...  Well, go bar hopping.

theCZ

• friend
    • http://www.hunewill.com
Spring Break Blues
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 07:29:36 PM »
Be a booze runner for the freshmen?  That's what I'd do!

I'm going home to NV to work on the ranch over the break BTW.

Unisaw

• friend
Spring Break Blues
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 12:55:20 PM »
Not very exciting, but catch up on some reading.  Read some books other than what you have to read for class.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

yesterdaysyouth

• friend
Spring Break Blues
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 06:52:56 PM »
get some strange?Huh?

SpookyPistolero

• friend
Spring Break Blues
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 07:32:50 PM »
Hehe, I actually wish I did drink so that I could really really veg out.

The reading is a great idea too. I might re-read 'Warrior Politics' or 'Last of the Mohicans'. Also currently re-reading Lord of the Rings. That book is just hard to not get into.

I also started scope shopping for if my Saiga ever arrives. Since it will be a budgeted rifle, a bushnell in the $60 range looks about right. Even a simple 3x9x40 would be fun. I already ordered a good mount from East Wave.

Some strange?Huh? will hopefully have a chance next weekend, we shall see. A co-worker who is leaving is having a shin-dig which I hope will turn out well.

You all up to anything fun this weekend?