Author Topic: Palin starts hitting Obama  (Read 36932 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Palin starts hitting Obama
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »
I love it! Obama's finally getting called on the carpet for his relationship with Ayers and Dohrn.

Story here

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Palin starts hitting Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
It's about time someone on the McCain ticket did something aggressive!!!!!! ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

nobody's_hero

• Fringe (Constitutionalist)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 08:41:16 PM »
It's about time someone on the McCain ticket did something aggressive!!!!!! ;)

Next thing you know, they'll be defending the U.S. Constitution.

BTW: Very funny with "the annoyed man" label. Now, who's the wise guy . . .  :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:43:52 PM by nobody's_hero »

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:16:32 PM »
'Bout damn time.

Blogs and 'net journalists can do all the reporting they want, but the MSM hasn't picked any of it up or sanitizes it.

If the Rep candidates say it, though, they have to deal with it, even to dismiss it out of hand.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 03:57:47 PM »
Now is the right time to pound him on his associates.  My criterion for evaluating a candidate for office is "what did the person do"  not what "did the person promise".  The sure fire way to evaluate a candidate with zero history (a catalogue of "dids") is his associates.  I question if any one would have  paid attention early on.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »
Palin's already being called a racist.  Before this is over McCain will be tagged a racist and a Cong collaborator.

They need to speak the truth, regardless.

But, man, this is going to get ugly and create engender huge division.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
Division
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 04:57:49 PM »
We already have division.

A huge division.

We've just had everyone in denial about it.

A little honesty is just the thing.

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

agricola

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 06:09:10 PM »
Palin's already being called a racist.  Before this is over McCain will be tagged a racist and a Cong collaborator.

The worrying thing for me is that this is the AP who are calling her racist.  I wouldnt mind if it was idiot bloggers doing it, but when a mainstream media outlet feels safe enough to call someone a racist on the basis of zero actual evidence (and check out the suggestion at the end of the piece that McCain is racist as well) then it is extremely worrying. 

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hLxEMDD-UlNa6HUrozE6ZkGYPTqAD93KGGB00

Of course, one then has to note the repeated suggestion that Palin is lying when she suggested that Obama and Ayers were close, wheras Obama is less wrong (indeed, the piece suggests he is being rather blunt rather than wrong) when he points to McCain's age and health.  Sadly, there is no mention of the McCain-Limbaugh Spanish ad that Obama put out, which you think might have been more relevant when talking about nonsensical associations.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 06:23:05 PM »
A harsh and plainly partisan judgment, certainly, but not on the level of suggesting that a fellow senator is un-American and even a friend of terrorists.

Seems to me that they served on the board together, had been to each other's homes, and more. Sounds like friends to me.

Palin's words avoid repulsing voters with overt racism. But is there another subtext for creating the false image of a black presidential nominee "palling around" with terrorists while assuring a predominantly white audience that he doesn't see their America?

In a post-Sept. 11 America, terrorists are envisioned as dark-skinned radical Muslims, not the homegrown anarchists of Ayers' day 40 years ago. With Obama a relative unknown when he began his campaign, the Internet hummed with false e-mails about ties to radical Islam of a foreign-born candidate.

That's reading a lot into Palin's remarks. It also assumes that the public would be more repulsed by a black candidate than a candidate who has a relationship with a domestic terrorist.

ronnyreagan

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 07:33:52 PM »
Seems like a weak line of attack to me, and I expect to see backlash from it. I've been around "bad" people before, doesn't mean much about me. Sean Hannity has been yelling about this for months, I don't think people are going to suddenly flip out about something they've already heard dismissed.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »
No evidence shows they were "pals" or even close when they worked on community boards years ago and Ayers hosted a political event for Obama early in his career.

Yep, I host political events for people who aren't my pals all the time. :rolleyes:
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 08:10:23 PM »
Show me someone's friends, and I can tell you what sort of person they are.

Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko...hm...

Why is Ayers still alive in the first place? Why is he teaching at a university? He's an absolutely unrepentant terrorist who killed Americans.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 08:31:54 PM »
What I'd like to see is someone asking the question about Obama's admitted drug use . . . I mean, when Roger Clemens - a BASEBALL PLAYER - was accuses of using steroids, it's front page news, congressional hearing are held . . . it's a BIG deal.

FOR A FREAKING ENTERTAINER!! HE PLAYS A GAME!!!

Yet Obama admits to smoking dope and snorting coke . . . and nothing. Non-issue.

And HE wants a job where he'll have access to nuclear launch codes.

What's wrong with this picture????
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

agricola

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 08:44:07 PM »
Seems like a weak line of attack to me, and I expect to see backlash from it. I've been around "bad" people before, doesn't mean much about me. Sean Hannity has been yelling about this for months, I don't think people are going to suddenly flip out about something they've already heard dismissed.

No, but then you arent running for the highest office in the land, and you didnt claim that the guy who set bombs at the Pentagon was "just a guy from the neighbourhood".  What type of neighbourhood do you live in?

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 09:15:46 PM »

No, but then you arent running for the highest office in the land, and you didnt claim that the guy who set bombs at the Pentagon was "just a guy from the neighbourhood".  What type of neighbourhood do you live in?

Well, that's Chicago. Bombs are a means of contract resolution. Especially firebombs. If you don't pay your shakedown money, if you annoy the CPD, all that.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »
I think what is happening is that even people like ourselves are standing paralyzed while a mugging, a robbery, and a rape is taking place.  I think we're all in shock at what's happening in what we thought was a good neighborhood and a safe place to live. I mean, of course, our country.  Perhaps it is the timing of it, sooner than many of us expected; the magnitude, so broad that it can't easily be pinned only on one segment of society; or the subversive power, so deep that it affects not only strangers but neighbors, friends, and family.

We saw it coming...but we didn't.  And now it's not theoretical but real enough that it may be only a month away.

Other people have lived through such times, and we have read about them, but none of us on this board, with the possible exception of immigrants from war-torn states, has really experienced this kind of cultural, moral, and social tsunami that threatens to break over this Republic.

Maybe the real question is: who, at this point, do we trust?  And where do we look for aid in resistance?

"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

ronnyreagan

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 10:13:06 PM »

Ayers isn't running for president, and I don't think Obama has any responsibility to do background checks on every person he meets. I don't even understand what I'm supposed to be worried about here. Is everyone who Ayers even knows suddenly a terrorist? I say attack Obama on policy, experience, and judgment - this crap is silly though. Sean Hannity has been screaming about this for months, people are not going to suddenly jump to supporting McCain because of this, if anything they're sick of hearing about it.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 10:16:40 PM »

Ayers isn't running for president, and I don't think Obama has any responsibility to do background checks on every person he meets. I don't even understand what I'm supposed to be worried about here. Is everyone who Ayers even knows suddenly a terrorist? I say attack Obama on policy, experience, and judgment - this crap is silly though. Sean Hannity has been screaming about this for months, people are not going to suddenly jump to supporting McCain because of this, if anything they're sick of hearing about it.

Would you work closely on a neighborhood board with a known terrorist whose actions killed people?

Would you?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
You don't understand what you are supposed to be worried about.

Let's leave that as a a statement, not a question.

People are "sick of hearing" that there's no Santa Claus.  Yeah, I get it.  So that means there must be one, right?

I think you are half-correct.  People are "sick."  Not all.  Just about half the country.  Welcome to the world of mass delusion.  Obama is our Great Tulip.  All hail the Great Tulip.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 10:25:37 PM »
Ronnyreagan, we get that you think that Obama associating with a real, live terrorist is A-OK and doesn't mean anything, but Palin's accent means she's a country bumpkin who doesn't know jack.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 10:29:20 PM »
Those that you associate with have no effect on you as a person?  Those that you associate with say nothing about you as a person?  Yeah, right, I totally buy that.  :rolleyes:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 10:45:32 PM »
Let me put it this way.

If I were introduced to Ayers, my likely response would be a roundhouse punch to the jaw.

Obama launched his campaign from his living room.

Big difference.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 12:22:58 AM »

"Racist" is going to get thrown out there by the other side everytime they get backed into a corner they can't BS their way out of.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 12:25:08 AM »
Palin might as well attack Obama.  The press already hates her.  They've accused her of so many things, charges of racism or negative campaigning or ad hominem simply won't matter.

Let's make a list of thing Palin's already been smeared with; I'll start.

Lying to cover up her daughter's pregnancy.

Firing staff for petty personal reasons. 

Stupidity.

Theocracy.

Inexperience.

Being anti-scientific.

Banning books.

Neglecting her children.

Or dragging her children around to every campaign event, using them as props.  She can't win, either way.

Cruelty to animals.

Being a traitor to her gender (she's pro-life.)

Homophobia.

I almost forgot, being so insanely religious that she can't be trusted with nuclear launch codes.  Or even nucular launch codes. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:26:07 AM by Mr. Tactical-pants »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 01:22:42 AM »
ronny, anyone who live throught the 60's and into the 70's know good and well who Ayers is, who he worked with, and what he did.  The man was flat out dangerous in his ideology and his actions.  He was at the helm of the single most radical and violent organization of the 60's.  The Weathermen was the vanguard of the marxist revolution in the US.  An associated group called SDS or Students for a Democratic society took the revolution to academia. 

I'm sick of the Ayers thingy.  Sick of media playing stupid and ignoring O'Bama associates as if they were inconsequential. O'Bama has no record to indicate his governance other than his words (sorta).  Next up is his associates.  What is the mindset of those with whom he associates.  What is their backgrounds.  Without exception those who associate with O'Bama are from the most radical elements of our society.  I wait for one normal, common person to show up.  Instead each new associate just confirms the pattern we've seen for months now.  I don't see the logic that says his selection of associates has no bearing on his staffing of an administration.  To the contrary, his friends will be the stable from which he selects his administration.  I can't wait to see Ayers show up as head of the department of education. 

I am proud to be known by the friends I keep.  Evidently O'Bama is the same.  My friends don't blow up buildings and kill people.  O'Bama's does.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon