Author Topic: Palin starts hitting Obama  (Read 36905 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Palin starts hitting Obama
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 01:39:01 AM »

Ayers isn't running for president, and I don't think Obama has any responsibility to do background checks on every person he meets.
BHO has known Ayers since at least 1995, more likely 1987.  BHO has served with him on a non-profit board that sought to radicalize teachers and indoctrinate them into marxist thought.

The Annenberg Challenge spent $160million, did nothing for students' achievement in Chicago, and is BHO's only real executive experience.

I don't even understand what I'm supposed to be worried about here. Is everyone who Ayers even knows suddenly a terrorist?
You are known by the company you keep.

Also, Ayers has written many books on using education to bring about marxist revolution.  BHO helped him do just that.

Even id they care not for national security or philosophical issues, I think soccer moms & dads DO care about using their kids as lab rats in an unrepentant terrorist's social engineering experiment.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 01:47:11 AM »
Would you work closely on a neighborhood board with a known terrorist whose actions killed people?

Would you?

The Weather Underground didn't kill anyone. In fact they would always call ahead and warn that there was a bomb to make sure that no one would get hurt. What I find really interesting is that people here like to call them terrorists, when our founding fathers would also be considered terrorists. Something that relates to this, http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/article.asp?ITEM=8
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2008, 01:49:48 AM »
Would you work closely on a neighborhood board with a known terrorist whose actions killed people?

Would you?

The Weather Underground didn't kill anyone. In fact they would always call ahead and warn that there was a bomb to make sure that no one would get hurt. What I find really interesting is that people here like to call them terrorists, when our founding fathers would also be considered terrorists. Something that relates to this, http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/article.asp?ITEM=8

Hello. They left...A BOMB. In CIVILIAN AREAS.

What part of that don't you understand? You don't do that! If you DO do that, you deserve to be shot!

The founding fathers targeted British MILITARY installations and troops. They didn't leave bombs in public areas around civilians!

Don't even dare compare the two!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 01:58:28 AM »

There targets where always picked to send some type of message, and they always made sure that no one would get hurt.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2008, 02:13:17 AM »
freakazoid,

If you were looking for terrorism in the American Revolution, you really picked the wrong spot. 

If on the other hand, your point is that someone's definition of terrorism is too loose, then you still picked a bad comparison.

Terrorism works by - that's right - inflicting terror.  Body counts are not necessary, so long as one frightens the masses.  Simply put, one need not kill to be a terrorist. 

That is not to imply that the Weathermen did not kill anyone.  I don't know.  I'm just pointing out a rather obvious problem with what you've said.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 02:16:06 AM »
freakazoid,

If you were looking for terrorism in the American Revolution, you really picked the wrong spot. 

If on the other hand, your point is that someone's definition of terrorism is too loose, then you still picked a bad comparison.

Terrorism works by - that's right - inflicting terror.  Body counts are not necessary, so long as one frightens the masses.  Simply put, one need not kill to be a terrorist. 

That is not to imply that the Weathermen did not kill anyone.  I don't know.  I'm just pointing out a rather obvious problem with what you've said.

Comparison takes another twist there-it looks like the weathermen were mainly saboteurs, using explosives to do the damage.  Not sure how that fits in to the definition we're using here.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 02:18:19 AM »
It's more than just their reprehensible tactics, it's their motive.  The Founding Fathers' intent was to liberate the individual from tyranny, not submerge the individual in a collective mass.  People like Ayers always try to represent their goals in a benign way but the end result is always the same: most people taking orders from autocrats.

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 02:27:34 AM »
freakazoid,

Comparison takes another twist there-it looks like the weathermen were mainly saboteurs, using explosives to do the damage.  Not sure how that fits in to the definition we're using here.

And another twist.... Oh I can't think of anything right now, lol. Actually I would say terrorism is to inflict fear on civilians. But that wasn't there goal.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
Extortion
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 02:46:33 AM »
Terrorism is a specialized form of extortion.

The aggressor, rather than directly attacking his objective, attacks a third party, typically one that's non-combatant and not directly involved in the squabble or conflict at hand.

The aggressor depends on the sympathy of the objective for this third party and also on the influences this third party may have as a collective upon the actions of that objective.

Another aspect of "terror" is that it seldom induces actual terror but rather a persistent and exhausting anxiety.

But, yes, extortion.

Obtaining benefit through the threat or application of violence.

If it makes anyone feel better, perhaps we can call Mr. Ayers a political extortionist.

There.  Better?

Hey, fixes it for me.  I'd hang out with him any time.

He and me, we be buds.

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 07:11:34 AM »
He and me, we be buds.

Word.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 07:52:45 AM »

There targets where always picked to send some type of message, and they always made sure that no one would get hurt.

you missed this?

On October 20, 1981 the Weather Underground combined forces with the Black Liberation Army to rob a Brink's armored truck. Two policemen and a Brink's guard were killed. The Black Liberation Army members Jeral Wayne Williams (aka Mutulu Shakur), Donald Weems (aka Kuwasi Balagoon), Samuel Smith and Nathaniel Burns (aka Sekou Odinga), Cecilio "Chui" Ferguson, Samuel Brown (aka Solomon Bouines) with five members of the Weather Underground (David Gilbert, Samuel Brown, Judith Alice Clark, Kathy Boudin, and Marilyn Buck) stole $1.6 million from a Brink's armored car at the Nanuet Mall, in Nanuet, New York. All the perpertrators were eventually captured and tried. Kathy Boudin's child with David Gilbert, Chesa, was raised to adulthood by Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, while she was in prison.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 07:54:26 AM »
Bill Ayers, now a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, was quoted in an interview to say "I don't regret setting bombs"[58] but has since claimed he was misquoted.[59
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Intune

• The Shakes
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 08:04:51 AM »
C'mon, next you'll be saying that Charles Manson is a killer.  Barack was only 8 when all that Tate "unpleasantness" occurred.  If he wants to get together with Charlie 30 years later, have him over to the house, work with him, start his political career with him, what's the problem?

Are you gonna tell me that you have a problem with Charles Manson sleeping in your guestroom next to your children?  You need to seek help.  This is a new day & age.  Until your child's blood is used to write messages on the wall, you keep yer trap shut.  You old folks had your chance & locked up the true freedom fighters.  How dangerous could Manson be?  Or Ayers?  Or Obama?  Let's just check it out.  Like a trial run, dude.  Cool.  Peace out.  Power to the people.   How bad could it be?  Ya'll are too uptight.  This is fun...  It's just a country, you know, we have, like, the whole world living together, like, you know, like one, man.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:08:55 AM by Intune »

agricola

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2008, 08:28:49 AM »

Would you?

The Weather Underground actually killed quite a few people prior to the 1981 bank robbery:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weatherman_(organization)#Anti-personnel_bomb_set_on_window-ledge_in_San_Francisco

I think Andrew Mellon says it best:

"The only reason they were not guilty of mass murder is mere incompetence. I don't know what sort of defense that is."

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

ronnyreagan

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 09:04:44 AM »
ronny, anyone who live throught the 60's and into the 70's know good and well who Ayers is, who he worked with, and what he did.  The man was flat out dangerous in his ideology and his actions.  He was at the helm of the single most radical and violent organization of the 60's.  The Weathermen was the vanguard of the marxist revolution in the US.  An associated group called SDS or Students for a Democratic society took the revolution to academia. 

Well I didn't live through the 60s and 70s so maybe that's why I don't get it. If this guy is so terrible why isn't he in prison? Or for that matter why was he never convicted? If it's a failing of the justice system why hasn't anyone done their patriotic duty to dispatch this guy? If he's so evil why is he a professor at the university of chicago (let me guess - it's an evil liberal conspiracy to elevate terrorists to the highest levels of academia to brainwash our youth?)

I'm not saying Obama should make him a policy adviser or that he's the first person I would seek out to friends with. I'm saying this has been covered - the media's reaction has been to call this an unfair attack and people are not going to jump to supporting McCain because of this. On a board such as this where the common sentiment is that Obama is the communist gun-grabbing anti-christ I am not surprised that people are eating this *expletive deleted*it up. No one here was going to vote for Obama anyway so it has no impact. The question is whether this will affect undecided voters and my opinion is that if it does, it will be a negative for McCain. As I said previously, attack Obama's experience, judgment, and policy - there should be plenty there to attack.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

ronnyreagan

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »
Ronnyreagan, we get that you think that Obama associating with a real, live terrorist is A-OK and doesn't mean anything, but Palin's accent means she's a country bumpkin who doesn't know jack.

You obviously didn't comprehend what I wrote regarding Palin's "accent". Maybe you should go back through that topic again as you completely missed my point. Oh no! I hope that didn't sound too 'elitist'! :O
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

Intune

• The Shakes
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 09:26:59 AM »
As I said previously, attack Obama's experience, judgment, and policy - there should be plenty there to attack.
:lol:  Did you REALLY mean to say that?  That's pretty darn funny.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 09:28:33 AM »
ronny, anyone who live throught the 60's and into the 70's know good and well who Ayers is, who he worked with, and what he did.  The man was flat out dangerous in his ideology and his actions.  He was at the helm of the single most radical and violent organization of the 60's.  The Weathermen was the vanguard of the marxist revolution in the US.  An associated group called SDS or Students for a Democratic society took the revolution to academia. 

Well I didn't live through the 60s and 70s so maybe that's why I don't get it. If this guy is so terrible why isn't he in prison? Or for that matter why was he never convicted? If it's a failing of the justice system why hasn't anyone done their patriotic duty to dispatch this guy? If he's so evil why is he a professor at the university of chicago (let me guess - it's an evil liberal conspiracy to elevate terrorists to the highest levels of academia to brainwash our youth?)

I'm not saying Obama should make him a policy adviser or that he's the first person I would seek out to friends with. I'm saying this has been covered - the media's reaction has been to call this an unfair attack and people are not going to jump to supporting McCain because of this. On a board such as this where the common sentiment is that Obama is the communist gun-grabbing anti-christ I am not surprised that people are eating this *expletive deleted*it up. No one here was going to vote for Obama anyway so it has no impact. The question is whether this will affect undecided voters and my opinion is that if it does, it will be a negative for McCain. As I said previously, attack Obama's experience, judgment, and policy - there should be plenty there to attack.

You dont think associating with someone who himself admits that he put bombs in public places raises questions about Obama's judgement?
"Make peace, you fools"

ronnyreagan

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 09:29:32 AM »

Would you?

I might. What would you do? If he's a known terrorist whose actions killed people would you take the opportunity to kill him on the spot? Surely that would be the right thing to do if he's so dangerous. :police:

ronnyreagan

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2008, 09:33:58 AM »
Ok. Maybe you all should just spell this out for me. Let's say Obama gets elected. What is going to happen as a result of him knowing Ayers? Is Obama going to start planting bombs at the pentagon? What is the great danger that we face from electing an acquaintance of Ayers? (I mean besides Obama's own policies)

agricola

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2008, 10:03:09 AM »
Ok. Maybe you all should just spell this out for me. Let's say Obama gets elected. What is going to happen as a result of him knowing Ayers? Is Obama going to start planting bombs at the pentagon? What is the great danger that we face from electing an acquaintance of Ayers? (I mean besides Obama's own policies)

If it was just Ayers?  Probably not much. 

However, when viewed against the other people he has "associated" with, his habit of doing things he has specifically denied planning to do (campaign funding, running for the Presidency), his numerous claims that have turned out to be either false (Auschwitz, that skin-whitening thing) or a vast stretch of the truth, his remarkable (given his education) failure to achieve anything outside of his own political interests, his somewhat odd failure to release medical records (given how his surrogates have been attacking McCain, who has allowed access to his) and (as Krauthammer said after the Democratic Convention) the remarkable lack of people who "worked" with him who are willing to publicly testify about how great he is. 

Then of course you have to look at the party he is a member of, its responsibility for the mess we are all in now, and the remarkable hypocrisy of people like Frank, Dodd and Obama himself when they criticize Bush and McCain, who at least did try to rein the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac circus in. 

Finally, one must surely be concerned about the quasi-religious aspect of parts of his support.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:05:36 AM by agricola »
"Make peace, you fools"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 10:04:14 AM »
Finally, one must surely be concerned about the quasi-religious aspect of parts of his support.

I dislike Obama very much, but that's the least problem I have with him.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2008, 10:41:21 AM »

Would you?

I might.

I wouldn't, especially since that "neighborhood board" was a multi-million dollar effort to radicalize public school children.

But, I have standards.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2008, 10:47:36 AM »
I don't understand people who will ignore Obama's historical associates like Ayers.  It isn't that Obama is supposed to "vet" everyone he meets. That ignores the point.  The point being  Obama's core beliefs.  Why associate with Ayers at all unless there's some part of him that approves or condones what Ayers was doing?  One of Obama's early mentors in Hawaii was a communist.  What does that tell us about his political beliefs.
On The High Road a thread was started that got shut down because it became political.  One poster claimed Obama was a centrist because he was running a centrist campaign.  
No.
Obama is "running centrist" because the majority of voters that can effect the election are there.  He's trying to get their votes.  
What has Obama promised in the past?  He has come out in favor of gun confiscation, supports the assault weapon ban, and supported the DC gun ban prior to Heller -- after which he somehow finds he's supported Heller.  So where does he stand?  
Clinton found out gun bans hurt.  This lesson hasn't been forgotten, and don't think Obama doesn't know this.
Obama has been in favor of taxes.  He wants to increase the capital gains tax on business ... except most businesses pay income tax not cap gains... so what's that: ignorance or a lie?    He wants to decrease taxes on 95% of Americans in the middle class except 30-35% don't pay taxes, so what is THAT about??

Obama is a hollow man with happy dreams.  No principles, no convictions or consistant ideology is found in his political promises.  But if you want to know his core, look to where he came from.  Look who his mentors were.
THAT is Barack Hussein Obama.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:49:50 AM by TommyGunn »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2008, 11:11:22 AM »
ronnyreagan:

Here is a bit form Volokh that might aid your understanding.

http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2008_09_28-2008_10_04.shtml#1223178667

What is the Significance of Obama's Ties to Ayers (and Wright?):

Here's my take: Obama is an extremely ambitious man. He's been interested in a national political career for many years. It's not that surprising that he wouldn't find Ayers and Wright objectionable company--in the very liberal, Hyde Park/Ivy League circles that he's traveled in since attending Columbia, people with such views are more mainstream than, say, the average conservative evangelical Christian. That itself makes Obama far more liberal than the image his campaign attempts to portray.

But what is interesting to me is that not only did Obama not personally find anything especially obnoxious about Wright's radicalism, anti-Americanism, ties to Farrakahn, and so on, or Ayers' lack of regret for his terrorist past, he apparently didn't expect that much of anyone else would care, either. How else do you explain why he didn't jettison these individuals from his life before they could damage his presidential ambitions? How else do you explain how his campaign seemed to be caught flatfooted when Obama's ties to Wright and then Ayers became campaign issues? And, perhaps most tellingly, how else do you explain that when Obama was asked in a debate with Clinton about his ties to Ayers, he analogized his friendship with Ayers to his friendship with Senator Tom Coburn, as if being friends with a very conservative senatorial colleague is somehow analogous with being friends with an unrepentant extreme leftist domestic terrorist?

In short, Obama's ties to Ayers and Wright suggest to me NOT that Obama agrees with their views, but that he is the product of a particular intellectual culture that finds the likes of Wright and Ayers to be no more objectionable, and likely less so, than the likes of Tom Coburn, or, perhaps, a Rush Limbaugh. Not only that, but he has been in his particular intellectual bubble so long that he was unable to recognize just how offensive the views of a Wright are to mainstream America, or how his ties to Ayers would play with the public, especially post-9/11.

Does that mean that Obama would be a bad president, or an extremist president? No, or at least, not necessarily. One 20th century president--Reagan--had a rather extreme worldview, but he was a good enough politician to govern reasonably close to the center, and have a successful presidency. Obama may have similar skills, though he lacks Reagan's advantage of having been an ideological convert from the other side. But in any event, he is clearly not the mainstream partisan of nonideological change that he is running as, and it at least seems worth pointing that out.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton