Author Topic: OBAMA FIRES A 'ROBIN HOOD' WARNING SHOT  (Read 18913 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: OBAMA FIRES A 'ROBIN HOOD' WARNING SHOT
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 02:04:46 PM »
It's worse than that.  It's not just the middle-class.  One of our neighbors down the street has an Obama/Biden sign in their yard. 

No biggee, right?

Their house appraised at 1.2 million last year. 

Their son tells mine that W planned 9/11.

America has collectively gone insane.

It's hard for a people to be wise when education and media become tools of disinformation.  It took two generations to produce a quorum of collective stupidity.

Or is it me?

My neighborhood is similar.  And, no, it's not you.  :)

Never have so many been so healthy, so prosperous, so free, "well-educated"...and utterly lost.   I guess i see it as a case of mass arrested development.  This is a new kind of poverty, a poverty born of "too much."

It's hard for a people to be wise when both education and media become agents of disinformation.  It took two generations to produce a quorum of collective stupidity.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:09:24 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: OBAMA FIRES A 'ROBIN HOOD' WARNING SHOT
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »
I think part of the issue is that the govt and others have made things such that people are very insulated from the consequences of their own actions.  We are prosperous enough that even an average worker can find work and not worry about it.  Add to that the compounding of generation built on generation and you get large numbers of people who lack critical thinking and foresight. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge