Author Topic: Moveon.org user sent this out to the list, yes I'm on their list  (Read 2883 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Yes, I am on Moveon.org's email list.  Like to keep an eye on what the other side does.  This went out to the list tonight

http://www.cnnbcvideo.com/index.html?nid=TaXsjq29sm80iSGH6.LPKDY4OTkzOTg-&referred_by=12607343-hiUM6nx

My name would obviously be replaced by other list members name, as they open it.  Trying to remind everyone to vote Obama in a not so subtle way.  As in, threats of violence.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:06:00 PM by dasmi »

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Moveon.org user sent this out to the list, yes I'm on their list
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:50:22 PM »

Vaguely creepy.  Voting is friggin anonymous for a reason.

I'd be highly annoyed if someone made a 'customized' video featuring someone threating me by name, even if it was automated.   
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 11:34:02 PM »
Heh, a shooting buddy did one for me last night.

Thing of it this way... It's a heckuva way to waste bandwidth and clock time...

Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 07:39:09 AM »
Are they freaking 'tards or something?

The entire premise of the little exercise is that Obama lost by a single vote because 1 guy didn't vote.

Had that guy voted, and had he voted for Obama, THE ELECTION WOULD HAVE BEEN TIED!

STILL no President Obama!

God, what 'tards.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 09:58:27 AM »
Look, Mike, you can't expect them to think, in addition to processing all that raw emotion. 

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 10:41:38 AM »
Are they freaking 'tards or something?

The entire premise of the little exercise is that Obama lost by a single vote because 1 guy didn't vote.

Had that guy voted, and had he voted for Obama, THE ELECTION WOULD HAVE BEEN TIED!

STILL no President Obama!

God, what 'tards.

When the election is tied, Congress is supposed to choose a President, no?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 11:07:10 AM »
"Congress is supposed to choose a President, no?"

House of Representatives.

But that is ONLY if the electoral college is tied or there isn't a clear winner.

That's ANOTHER flaw with this little piece of Obama crap.

It gives the significant impression that the president wins office by popular vote.

Not true.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 11:08:05 AM »
"Congress is supposed to choose a President, no?"

House of Representatives.

Precisely my drift.

So if the election is tied = President Obama, chosen by the majority-Democrat HR.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 11:13:54 AM »
"So if the election is tied = President Obama, chosen by the majority-Democrat HR."

You're assuming that it would be an absolute shoe in for Obama if that were to be the case.

In fact, NOTHING is a given.

It's happened several times in the past, and as with any action of Congress, significant wrangling and dealmaking can go on between supporters of candidates.

For example, the election of 1876 -- Hayes vs. Tilden.

Tilden won the popular vote, and had a lead, but not a majority, in the electoral college.

He won most of the states in the south, but in the end a deal was cut between Northern Republicans and Southern Democrats. For a promise of ending reconstruction in the south, enough southern Representatives came over to give the election to Hayes.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 11:39:04 AM »
So really, if a third party actually got enough electoral votes that no one candidate had a majority, each state gets one vote in the house.
Amendment XII
The electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;--The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;--the person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President. The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.