Main Forums > The Roundtable

"Mr. & Mrs. America, turn them all in."

(1/18) > >>

Don't care:
Remember the quote fragment? Actually, the full quotation is:

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in, I would have done it." Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), 1994.

It didn't pass in 1994, but here's the rub: The problems facing Feinstein to pass such a law back then, no longer exist.

The Democrats already are in charge of Congress, as well as picking up more seats last night, and will control the White House in January.

Look for the once Pro-gun Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) and Speaker of the House, Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), push through a piece of anti-gun legislation that President Barack "I believe in the second amendment, but Washington D.C.'s gun law is constitutional" Obama will be obligated sign.

This will happen, if not for something that Obama's popularity could just possibly accomplish right now: “The second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.”

Hold onto your seats people. It's going to be a rough.

Harold Tuttle:
Bah,

They are still smarting from the backlash from previous attempts

Brady & VPC were non players in this election
and Russia seems to be pushing a rather serious agenda.

Bob F.:
I don't think Russia has much to do with it. Barack will negotiate, use diplomacy.

God, I hope I'm wrong about this man. About the only good thing I can say is that my little Democratic state once again went Republican.

Stay safe.
Bob

wmenorr67:
There are a lot of Dems that realize that the gun issue would lose them their job.  So I don't think there is 51 votes in the Senate to bring about another AWB, plus the Dems didn't get to the magic number of 60.

gregormeister:
Who is this Obama? Oh the guy that replaced Bush!! I can't make myself call him Pres...Pr...Presi...nope can't do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version