Author Topic: Do we really think gun control measures are a priority for Obama?  (Read 25559 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Do we really think gun control measures are a priority for Obama?
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2008, 10:06:54 AM »
"Unions in this country are very broken and need to be rebooted, formatted, and reinstalled."

Uhm...

No.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2008, 10:17:59 AM »
"Unions in this country are very broken and need to be rebooted, formatted, and reinstalled."

Uhm...

No.

As a union member and a shop steward I don't think he is that far from the truth.
I'm also firmly against the EFCA.
There is lots of good and plenty of bad in the union concept. One big good is -Same job title same pay with no gender or race gap possible. One big bad is - Same job title same pay whether everyone pulls there weight or not. It is almost impossible to terminate a worthless slacker with any seniority no matter how worhtless they are.

P.S. I now understand the "third rail" analogy -
You touch it, you die.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2008, 10:31:06 AM »

Uhm...

No.

They aren't?

UAW? Teamsters?

Those aren't broken and hopelessly corrupt?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2008, 10:55:08 AM »
The theory is you fight corruption with corruption.  Some people--mostly in Chicago--refer to this as the dialectical process.  :)
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2008, 11:14:25 AM »
They aren't?

UAW? Teamsters?

Those aren't broken and hopelessly corrupt?

You're focusing on the wrong part of the sentence.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2008, 11:36:12 AM »

Uhm...

No.

My dad is a union employee been a member of the IBEW since 1971. Him and I talked about unions over the holidays and his view is that only a skilled trade workers should be unionized. He said the UAW screwed the pooch by unionizing every hourly employee in the auto industry, basically he said if you can learn how to do your job in less that half a day, then you are not skilled labor. He said skilled labor skills take years to learn and you progress through the ranks until you have mastered the skill. He said unskilled labor should only be paid what the market demands. If a person wants to succeed then go learn to be skills through an apprentice programs as opportunities present themselves.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2008, 04:10:47 PM »
A win, no.  A chance at them ruing the possibility of voter backlash?...not too shabby.

Considering a whole bunch of the seats now occupied by Democrats are traditionally Republican, this is the only thing I can think of that will prevent an AWB. 
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.