Poll

Is it just me or does it seem like all the obamanites have removed their stickers

Seen more after the election
4 (8.2%)
Seen the same amount
18 (36.7%)
Seen less
16 (32.7%)
Seen alot less
6 (12.2%)
I live in a place that never had any
5 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Obama Bumper stickers  (Read 3699 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Obama Bumper stickers
« on: November 24, 2008, 10:40:28 PM »
Is it just me or does it seem like all the obamanites have removed their stickers.
It seems like they don't want to admit voting for the ass.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Obama Bumper stickers
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 11:20:33 PM »
I've seen a LOT less... There are still some McCain ones up...

Saw my neighbor the Obamaite...

"Hey, how about all that change in Washington -- do you think your man is gonna hire anyone who hasn't been outside the beltway in the past ten years?"

Dirty look.

Blog under construction

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 12:15:34 AM »
I think people just fell for the fast-talking used car salesman, drove off the lot, and now feel an ominous vibration from the undercarriage as the radio refuses to tune in the station they like.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 07:50:26 AM »
I'm seeing way fewer stickers.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

wacki

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 08:41:04 AM »
The parking lot where I work used to be full of them.  Now I don't see one.  I've never had a bumper sticker but I wonder if they are real easy to remove or if the fanboys are just so angry no bumper sticker was going to survive.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 02:17:29 PM »
I'm seeing a lot fewer Obama stickers.  Fewer McCain stickers, too.  The election's over, people take them off their cars.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
I have seen quite a bit less, I didn't even notice until this poll made me think about it.  Maybe people arre starting to see past the racism of "vote for the black man" and understanding who he really is.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 03:48:18 PM »
Well at least they are starting to peel off the Kerry-Edwards stickers. I was seeing a fair number of those right up until Edwards got caught with his pants down.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 07:33:11 PM »
I have seen the same amount.  Still seeing a lot of McCain stickers also.  Actually saw a W '04 sticker the other day.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

ShelleyB.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 09:04:19 AM »
Same here, although I noticed the Obama sheeple left their stickers and lawn signs long after the McCain and local stuff disappeared.

Funny, I still see W04 stickers on cars here too.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 11:51:43 PM »
I'm seeing as many as ever(I drive local for a national battery company).  I am *noticing* more McCain stickers, and a LOT more Palin stickers :) than I did before the election, but that probably owes more to chance than anything else.

As a general rule, people don't remove stickers here in Arizona(I think they generally don't care for their cars as well here as in other parts of the country).  I regularly see bumper stickers(generally on neglected turdmobiles, but still) from the 2000 election, and FREQUENTLY see them from the 2004 election.  Kind of a fact of life.  Liberals - and I don't mean to be snarky here, just observing - seem to wear their "Kerry-Edwards '04" stickers as a badge of honor.

My daily driver may be a 24-year-old $800 Celica, but I still can't bring myself to deface any of my automobiles with a bumper sticker, however worthy the libertarian cause may be.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 07:06:02 AM »
If I take the McCain/Palin sticker off, I'll have to reglue the trim it's holding in place.

I might cut McCain's name off, though.

Don't care

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 04:59:59 PM »
I wanted a bumper sticker that read, "Run, Barrack, Run"

I would have put it on the front bumper of my car.

Jeff B.

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 05:55:51 PM »
Down here in Texas (northern DFW suburbs) there weren't a slew of Obama bumper stickers to start with.  I think both sides have been removing them slowly as they get to it.  I'll probably scrape my "Veterans for McCain" off this weekend, in preparation for my "Keep the Change" sticker.

I was traveling the week of the election, and was a bit concerned about my truck being in the DFW paking deck with the McCain sticker on it, but no issues.  I guess even the local Obamites respect others property, around here at least.

Jeff B.
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
Plutarch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 10:41:46 PM »
Why would you keep the sticker on, after the election?  ???  Especially if the "sticker" is magnetic or static? 

I kept my Bush sticker on for years, but that was just because I didn't want anybody thinking I was a Gore or Kerry supporter.  The horror!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife