Author Topic: So much for "tough on terror" from Obama.  (Read 13691 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: So much for "tough on terror" from Obama.
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2008, 09:21:15 PM »
Let me flip the question back at you.....

Do you think that what America has gotten or will get in Europe is worth the price paid  (WWI, WWII and the Cold War), in dollars and lives ??

They'll have had a 100 year renewal due to our boys' blood, when they finally die off enough by 2050 to no longer be "european" and are taken over by their immigrant population.

100 years is a good, long stretch of stability & no major wars.  Expecting solutions to last in perpetuity is not realistic.

Well, if this is a "show everyone what we can do to countries that support/harbor terrorists" operation, we could have just blasted them to heck and went home  ;/

This is what we ought to have done, with the added proviso that we ensured Saddam was killed in the carnage.

And that is what I would have desired: carnage.  All this "surgical strike so we don't tip over their teacups or scorch their mosques" baloney would have been out the door.

It would have been an object lesson to future potential antagonists: yank our tail and we will turn around and rip out your throat.

Expecting democracy and decent behavior from savages that have no tradition of civilized behavior is like expecting Muscovy ducks to lay eggs that hatch swans.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2008, 09:29:07 PM »
Let me flip the question back at you.....

Do you think that what America has gotten or will get in Europe is worth the price paid  (WWI, WWII and the Cold War), in dollars and lives ??

WWII - Yes. WWI - no. Especially as WWII was in part a result of flawed US policy in WWI.

I'm sorry, but not all wars are equal. There are some wars in US history which were not just, and which cost the US public a heavy cost not just in money, not just in lives, but in freedoms lost. Many people view the modern expansion in state power to be a child of FDR's era. They need to look at what Wilson did during WWI.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2008, 11:07:16 PM »
This is what we ought to have done, with the added proviso that we ensured Saddam was killed in the carnage.

I'm glad Saddam was hung, but I would have been just as happy had the soldiers that found him and pulled him out of his hole had instead shoved him back down and dropped a grenade down the hole...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!