Author Topic: Thoughs on the Audi A6  (Read 4137 times)

sven

Thoughs on the Audi A6
« on: March 03, 2005, 10:17:26 PM »
Trying to find a mid-sized luxury sedan that isn't the same as what everyone else has... the Audi A6 seems really clean.  Anyone here have experience with this model?

-s

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 02:55:06 AM »
I've got one, I like it.  Drives just great, and the quattro AWD system is great in the snow.

Pricey to fix though.

-James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

trapperready

• friend
Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 03:00:03 AM »
My nieghbor has one and likes it. I looked at one a couple years ago and would have seriously considered it if the local Audi/VW dealer wasn't so crappy.

Unisaw

• friend
Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 05:09:15 AM »
I looked at it and liked it a lot.  However, I ended up getting a VW Passat that is quite similar from an engineering viewpoint.  The quattro system (VW calls it 4-motion) is great and I have really enjoyed the car.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Schuey2002

• friend
Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 01:06:59 PM »

I don't own one, neither do I know anyone who owns one but, IMHO, the '05 A6 would look alot better if they either color-matched that strip below the grille, or if they chrome plated it. It would help break up that huge "basking shark" look that the nose has on this thing.

Having said that, I still think that these new Audi's looks 1000% better than either of the Chris Bangle penned 5 or 7 Series Beemers. Boy, he sure messed those things up! rolleyes

sven

Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 07:04:45 PM »
The grill does seem like it needs more time in the oven.  I like where they are going with this, though.

Smith

• friend
Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 03:56:18 AM »
Sven, I know you and I are a little different, I prefer sports cars and you prefer the sedans, but have you looked at the S4?  I was shopping that one against the M3.  I really did like it.  Do you need the extra room in the A6?

Steve

tarrigoni

Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 07:29:02 AM »
Volvo S60 AWD!

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 09:49:58 AM »
Have you looked at the Subaru Legacy GT at all?  I think that would be my second choice.

Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 10:21:41 AM »
S4 Cabriolet for me.

Fast.
Convertible.
Room for a set of clubs and the odd dead hooker in the trunk.

Cool
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 01:57:59 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun, both in appearance and performance.

One of my favorite older cars was an Audi 200 Quattro Turbo.  I miss it dearly.  I came darned close to buying one of the later aluminum Audi V8 Quattro models, but was scared Audi might leave the U.S. market, leaving me with an orphan and no parts/service.

I don't feel that way any longer.  And I still look at prices on older Quattro V8's.  Maybe one will find it's way into my garage next year.  Wink

[/img]
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

...has left the building.

Thoughs on the Audi A6
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 05:10:44 PM »
The A6 is an awesome car. If I had to choose between the current model E-Class, BMW 5-Series, A6, and the VW Passat I would pick the A6 over them all.