Author Topic: This was uncomfortably close [A rocket fell a block away from me]  (Read 161293 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: This was uncomfortably close [A rocket fell a block away from me]
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2009, 04:24:23 PM »
Don't see you doing anything but defending them

And likewise. That's all I see.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2009, 04:51:06 PM »
Don't see you doing anything but defending them

Then you need to practice reading more.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2009, 04:53:48 PM »
really?

Where have you condemned Hamas in this thread?  Rather then defending or making excuses for them?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »
really?

Where have you condemned Hamas in this thread?  Rather then defending or making excuses for them?

I have not condemned Hamas on this thread, but then that wasnt what you claimed.  Most of my posts here or on the other thread have been to point out either stuff that is blatantly wrong, or which has been fabricated. 

This of course translates to "defending or making excuses for them" in the bizarre language of some here, the mini-Joe the Posters.
"Make peace, you fools"

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2009, 05:03:59 PM »
I have not condemned Hamas on this thread, but then that wasnt what you claimed.  Most of my posts here or on the other thread have been to point out either stuff that is blatantly wrong, or which has been fabricated. 

This of course translates to "defending or making excuses for them" in the bizarre language of some here, the mini-Joe the Posters.

You sure as hell have been condemning the Israelis!

agricola

• friend
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2009, 05:04:59 PM »
You sure as hell have been condemning the Israelis!

No, I have been condemning their actions.  Deliberately bombing an antenatal clinic because some terrorists were nearby is worthy of condemnation.
"Make peace, you fools"

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2009, 05:05:19 PM »
I have not condemned Hamas on this thread, but then that wasnt what you claimed.  Most of my posts here or on the other thread have been to point out either stuff that is blatantly wrong, or which has been fabricated.

By all means, set the record strait and correct me.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2009, 05:05:52 PM »
No, I have been condemning their actions.  Deliberately bombing an antenatal clinic because some terrorists were nearby is worthy of condemnation.

And Hamas deliberately firing rockets at civilian centers is not?

How about Hamas using the Palis as human shields?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2009, 05:06:06 PM »
really?

Give him a break, he's been using Invisifont for his condemnations of Hamas.

Same font I use for 1/4 of the content of all my posts here at APS.  See, all my posts are actually 25% wittier than they appear, I just tone them down by using Invisifont.

Without Invisifont, I would finally rate as a 5/8ths wit in the eyes of the APS-reading world.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

agricola

• friend
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »

i) Its wrong, but given what the other side is doing there is some justification for it;
ii) the IDF has been as guilty as Hamas has been of using Palestinians as human shields.
"Make peace, you fools"

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »
Okay, everyone. Take note of what Agricola just said.

I said:

And he said:

i) Its wrong, but given what the other side is doing there is some justification for it;
ii) the IDF has been as guilty as Hamas has been of using Palestinians as human shields.
...and the second part? Well, that's just a lie. I have no idea where that came from. I don't see any IDF sorts hiding behind children to fight.

You just wrote my opinion of you in stone, guy. And it is now VERY, VERY low.

Firing rockets at civilians on purpose, a war crime by Geneva, deliberate in every way....has some justification.

You just said it. Respect, zero. :mad:

I really am honestly shocked and dismayed. Here MB's town is getting hit with rockets, his family could be killed, and there's "justification".

What the hell ever. You'll get no respect at all from me ever again after that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:16:31 PM by Manedwolf »

agricola

• friend
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2009, 05:15:30 PM »
Okay, everyone. Take note of what Agricola just said.

I said:

And he said:

You just wrote my opinion of you in stone, guy. And it is now VERY, VERY low.

Firing rockets at civilians on purpose, a war crime by Geneva, deliberate in every way....has some justification.

You just said it.

Respect, zero.  :mad:

Please get down from your moral high horse.  Didnt you suggest that the Strip be carpet bombed?  Havent you been cheerleading this whole insanity?  The IDF killed more innocent people in one raid during this offensive than all these rockets have killed in every incident in the last ten years.

"Make peace, you fools"

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »
attacking targets that may happen to have civilians, is justified.  They made it a target when they set up shop and used it as a military base.  It's sad, but they made it into a target by doing so.  It's no longer a clinic once it becomes a military base, it's a military base that happens to have a clinic.

Lobbing rockets deliberately into civilians, with civilians as the target, is not justified.  Except apparently by you. 

Iain

• friend
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »
Agricola, another poster to fall victim to the 'if you don't condemn it in every other sentence you must support it' mentality.

There should be some Godwin-esque rule about that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:51:10 PM by Iain »
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

agricola

• friend
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2009, 05:38:22 PM »
attacking targets that may happen to have civilians, is justified.  They made it a target when they set up shop and used it as a military base.  It's sad, but they made it into a target by doing so.  It's no longer a clinic once it becomes a military base, it's a military base that happens to have a clinic.

Lobbing rockets deliberately into civilians, with civilians as the target, is not justified.  Except apparently by you. 

i) They did not turn the antenatal clinic into a military base, as has been repeatedly stated.  The IDF said there were terrorist operations nearby.  Because of this, they took out an antenatal clinic.
ii) When the IDF does it, it is to be expected that Hamas will probably do it in return.  That is what is meant by some justification.
"Make peace, you fools"

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2009, 11:12:10 PM »
Here's how I see this whole thing.  Hamas has the right to not want Israel to exist.  Hell, if they really want, Hamas has the right to lob crappy little rockets at Israel.  I'll give them that, sure.  Okay, so Israel stole some land from the Palestinians, and the Palestinians are pissed.  So lob your rockets.  BUT!!!  Don't forget now, Israel is a sovereign nation, recognized by pretty much everyone else in the world.  Yeah, they might not be the nicest guys in the world, but they ARE a sovereign nation*.  So when you go lobbing your crappy little rockets into that sovereign nation, you can't be pissed off when that technologically superior country rains down everliving HELL on you. 

Yes, the loss of civilian life sucks.  It really, really sucks.  I can't even imagine being a kid in Gaza right now.  You want to talk about some PTSD, you got a bunch of little freedom fighters there.  However, I cannot blame Israel for most of the civilian deaths.  They've screwed up a few times though.  Most of the civilian deaths though, I blame on Hamas, because they are fighting a PR war, they are trying to get their civilians killed, just like Hezbollah in Lebanon.  Can you give me another way of waging a war, without killing civilians, when the enemy launches a few rockets from their backyard, and then goes in and has dinner with the family?  This is silly.  What if Native Americans all of a sudden got pissed about all of the land we took from them, and decide to start launching rockets at cities near reservations?  How do you think the .gov would respond?

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5xVRXLgLxw
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2009, 09:51:04 AM »
OK, maybe I was wrong about agricola using Invisifont to express his disgust with Hamas's deliberate targeting of civilians.

I do try to think the best of folk, sap that I am.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »
Agricola, another poster to fall victim to the 'if you don't condemn it in every other sentence you must support it' mentality.

There should be some Godwin-esque rule about that.

Yeah, how could anyone get the idea he supports or apologizes for them?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2009, 11:24:52 AM »
Yeah, how could anyone get the idea he supports or apologizes for them?

Oh to be on the right side of an argument like this, where hundreds and hundreds of civilian deaths are trumped by someone NOT CONDEMNING HAMAS.
"Make peace, you fools"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2009, 11:30:27 AM »
Oh to be on the right side of an argument like this, where hundreds and hundreds of civilian deaths are trumped by someone NOT CONDEMNING HAMAS.

It's not that people are ignoring the civilian deaths.

It's that you are placing the blame on Israel for their deaths, not on Hamas who is using the civilians in order to garner support from those unable or unwilling to blame what they perceive to be the "oppressed."

It is said that some civilians have perished. I place the blame on those who provoke a country into defending itself AND hide amongst these civilians for propaganda victories.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

agricola

• friend
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2009, 11:40:39 AM »
It's not that people are ignoring the civilian deaths.

It's that you are placing the blame on Israel for their deaths, not on Hamas who is using the civilians in order to garner support from those unable or unwilling to blame what they perceive to be the "oppressed."

It is said that some civilians have perished. I place the blame on those who provoke a country into defending itself AND hide amongst these civilians for propaganda victories.

Ah, its not the people who are dropping the bombs who are to blame.  Hamas MADE them do it.

"Make peace, you fools"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2009, 11:43:30 AM »
Ah, its not the people who are dropping the bombs who are to blame.  Hamas MADE them do it.

Let's say I come up and start punching you. Let's say I suck at fighting so I hit you in the arm, then the hand, then the knee.

You ignore it for a while, but, finally, you swing back; I dodge and you punch and old lady in the face.

Everyone labels you a coward who beats up old women.

All your fault for throwing that punch.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

agricola

• friend
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2009, 11:49:28 AM »
Let's say I come up and start punching you. Let's say I suck at fighting so I hit you in the arm, then the hand, then the knee.

You ignore it for a while, but, finally, you swing back; I dodge and you punch and old lady in the face.

Everyone labels you a coward who beats up old women.

All your fault for throwing that punch.

I think youll find its I swear at you after you beat me up, kill my wife, maim my kids and then imprison whats left of my family in a sandpit near your home.  For me swearing at you, you with due solemnity and every concern for the innocents involved, blow up the sandpit.
"Make peace, you fools"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2009, 11:54:36 AM »
I think youll find its I swear at you after you beat me up, kill my wife, maim my kids and then imprison whats left of my family in a sandpit near your home.  For me swearing at you, you with due solemnity and every concern for the innocents involved, blow up the sandpit.

I'm sorry, DELIBERATELY targeting civilians is slightly more than "swearing"

The fact that their tactics and their technology sucks should have no bearing on an act of war.

It is sad that the people of Gaza are suffering under their government.

It is also sad that their government is so hostile to its neighbors that those neighbors want to prevent those malefactors from gaining better technology for the slaughter of their civilians.

Maybe Isreal should just let Hamas get some BIG missiles so you'll finally think Israel is justified in attacking Gaza after Tel Aviv is gone.

Somehow, I doubt there would be support still.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2009, 02:34:24 PM »
Yes, we know that part.

Huh?  They shot rockets.  Big rockets.  Rockets that do this little thing call boom (ok...more then occasionally they fail to go boom) in civilian areas, deliberately, with the intent to kill civilians.

That is not the same as swearing at someone who proceeds to beat the snot out of you.