Author Topic: This was uncomfortably close [A rocket fell a block away from me]  (Read 161304 times)

agricola

• friend
Re: This was uncomfortably close [A rocket fell a block away from me]
« Reply #250 on: January 21, 2009, 08:35:44 AM »
Look. The people here, by a wide majority, elected a party that was comitted to leaving the West Bank without negotiation. Every single Israeli political party all the way up to Beitenu agrees the West Bank must be handed over. Only retards like MAFDAL actually argue about that.

And yet, as SS notes, there is something entirely opposite to that happening on the ground. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2009, 11:45:26 AM »
I can't wait to see how Israel is at fault for this.

Obviously it was Israels dirty sabotage that made those mortars fall short! In fact they aren't really mortars they're fireworks launchers! Israel ruined a great childrens celebration.

OK I feel dirty now...
Look, tiny text!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »
does firing into your own people count as breaking the cease fire?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2009, 01:24:22 PM »
does firing into your own people count as breaking the cease fire?

Not if you assume they were aiming at them deliberately. Why would tey do that?

Also:

Smuggling resumes
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

agricola

• friend
« Reply #254 on: January 21, 2009, 03:29:57 PM »

Also:

Smuggling resumes

Were they prevented from smuggling by the articles of the ceasefire that was agreed?
"Make peace, you fools"

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2009, 05:59:53 PM »

Also:

Smuggling resumes

Now they're thinking that they're trying to get Fajr missiles in, based on intel they'd gotten from stuff that's leaving Iran.

Those can hit Tel Aviv.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2009, 06:04:58 PM »
"Were they prevented from smuggling by the articles of the ceasefire that was agreed?"

As if people who use their women and children for cannon fodder would abide by an agreement.

You were joking here, no?  You are not that naive are you?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

agricola

• friend
« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2009, 08:19:49 PM »
"Were they prevented from smuggling by the articles of the ceasefire that was agreed?"

As if people who use their women and children for cannon fodder would abide by an agreement.

You were joking here, no?  You are not that naive are you?

No.  That said, no ceasefire agreement was ever agreed, so thanks for biting.
"Make peace, you fools"

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2009, 08:30:39 PM »
so you wont complain when Israel resumes the ass kickery?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2009, 07:42:57 AM »
Look. The people here, by a wide majority, elected a party that was comitted to leaving the West Bank without negotiation. Every single Israeli political party all the way up to Beitenu agrees the West Bank must be handed over. Only retards like MAFDAL actually argue about that.

So what's the theory behind building settlements for a few hundred thousand people? They just plan on demolishing all that when it's done, or are they going to leave the settlers to the PA?

It makes no sense to claim that Israel is intent on leaving the West Bank when it's literally got 1 in 12 of its entire population settled there via a destroy-Palestinian areas and build Jewish-only homes in their place.

Maybe you can tell us more about settlement building policy-as far as the sources available in the english speaking world show, the settlement building has continued apace.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2009, 07:45:11 AM »
So what's the theory behind building settlements for a few hundred thousand people? They just plan on demolishing all that when it's done, or are they going to leave the settlers to the PA?

People are building settlements for a few hundred thousand people? The current government?
Are you implying the government plans to  double the size of the settlements? How? Where?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2009, 07:48:51 AM »
People are building settlements for a few hundred thousand people? The current government?
Are you implying the government plans to  double the size of the settlements? How? Where?

No, I'm saying the government has added to the already built areas that house a few hundred thousand people, who amount to approximately 1 in 12 of your country's entire population.

All that has been built, and the government continues to add to it, yet the Palestinians are supposed to see this obvious fact that the Israeli government plans on leaving the west bank?

Didn't the head of Yisrael Beitenu just call for expelling all the Arabs from Israel too? Or was that just a call to ban them from running in any elections?

You have to at least be able to understand why outside observers would find the claims by the Israeli government that it would accept the 67 line to be lacking in credibility.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2009, 07:59:31 AM »
Didn't the head of Yisrael Beitenu just call for expelling all the Arabs from Israel too?

No.

Or was that just a call to ban them from running in any elections?

No... the man is a racist shmuck, but even he doesn't go quite that far.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2009, 09:25:34 AM »
No, I'm saying the government has added to the already built areas that house a few hundred thousand people, who amount to approximately 1 in 12 of your country's entire population.

All that has been built, and the government continues to add to it, yet the Palestinians are supposed to see this obvious fact that the Israeli government plans on leaving the west bank?

Didn't the head of Yisrael Beitenu just call for expelling all the Arabs from Israel too? Or was that just a call to ban them from running in any elections?

You have to at least be able to understand why outside observers would find the claims by the Israeli government that it would accept the 67 line to be lacking in credibility.

You might want to get your "facts" from sites that carry actual facts. I'm not sure where you're getting those ideas, radical islamist boards, Al-Jazeera or what, but they have no basis in reality.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2009, 10:13:03 AM »
You might want to get your "facts" from sites that carry actual facts. I'm not sure where you're getting those ideas, radical islamist boards, Al-Jazeera or what, but they have no basis in reality.

How about the Jerusalem Post?

Except for a very short period during the Rabin era after Oslo, the Palestinians have never believed that Israel was really ready for peace. The continuation of building and expanding settlements and bypass roads for settlers confirms for Palestinians that there never was an intention to withdraw from the West Bank. How could they understand anything different? Both at the public level and at the level of policy planning, no answer was ever provided for the contradiction between settlement expansion and future withdrawal.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1231866575327&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
"Make peace, you fools"

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2009, 09:41:09 AM »

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1231866575327&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Face it agricola:  there will never be an answer to this question because no flattering answer is possible.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2009, 10:49:07 AM »

Idiocy. There's been several hundred homes built in the settlements that are due to 'natural growth'. But overall the government has an anti-settlement policy which no sane man can deny.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2009, 11:00:45 AM »
Idiocy. There's been several hundred homes built in the settlements that are due to 'natural growth'. But overall the government has an anti-settlement policy which no sane man can deny.

So you would say, unequivocally, that the government will destroy the settlements?

where's the evidence of this policy?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2009, 11:08:43 AM »
So you would say, unequivocally, that the government will destroy the settlements?

where's the evidence of this policy?

Let me put it this way:

Ten years from now, the settlements are not going to be there any more.

Hopefully, however, Kadima will not be the ones to do it.