Author Topic: Not a food fight, but a fight over food!  (Read 11537 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Not a food fight, but a fight over food!
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:09:33 PM »
My wife and I go to this particular buffet for breakfast on weekends - it's pretty good.

We never thought to tell somebody to back off, and that they were so fat they really didn't need to visit the line again...  :O

http://www.madison.com/tct/mad/latest/433805

Buffet line bickering leads to knife threat, police say
Mike Miller  —  1/21/2009 1:52 pm

Trading barbs in a buffet line almost led to a tiff late last week at the Old County Buffet on the east side, but the sprouting dispute ended when a friend of one of the parties intervened, only to be arrested for waving a knife around.

Madison police tentatively charged Faith A. Simer, 19, of Lake Mills, with disorderly conduct after she sat down in a booth occupied by her friend's protagonist with a steak knife and may or may not have threatened him. That was after he may or may not have flashed her the international digit of derision at her, police said.

It all started when a young man and young woman, who police described as being friends, were approaching buffet tables when they bumped into one another.

"The victim said he had his eye on his next entree when his right arm connected the left arm of the young woman," police spokesman Joel DeSpain said.

"He says the woman responded by commenting on his girth indicating he did not need any more nourishment," DeSpain said.

She went on to say that she was a lady and he should be respectful of that.

In his version of events, the bump was hardly more than a brush, and he said she was certainly not acting like a lady in her response.

Each sat down in a separate booth to eat, but as DeSpain noted they unfortunately sat down in booths quite close to one another and that allowed them to continue the acrimony as they ate.

That's when Simer, a friend of the offended woman, decided to intervene. When the man's dining companion got up in search of more food, Simer jumped at the opportunity and took seat in the man's booth.

The guy said Simer had a steak knife in her hand and threatened to cut him if he continued messing with her, but he also said the knife was never pointed at him. She said she was just playing around and had no intentions of hurting the guy.

Then she added that the guy had been wiping his eye with his middle finger "as they leered at one another from their respective booths," DeSpain said. She made it plain to police that she considered his eye-wiping to be an obscene gesture.

The arresting officer, meanwhile, told her she had crossed the line by making a threat with the knife and she was tentatively charged with disorderly conduct while armed.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: Not a food fight, but a fight over food!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:38:53 PM »
But officer,  I was just sitting there minding my own business holding my knife and this guy just comes along and backs into it 37 times!  :angel:

:laugh:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »
Alright, I am not blaming the boy. Threatening a person with a knife is NEVER right.

The girl is responsible for her own actions.

However, how stupid do you have to be to call a girl fat? I don't care if she is fat, that's just never a good idea.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

jdoc

• I don't know!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 03:12:53 PM »

He says the woman responded by commenting on his girth indicating he did not need any more nourishment

I'm thinking she called him. She started it in my book and her friend had no business trying to finish it. The whole situation could have been avoided its a shame it ended in some one getting arrested. 

bmitchell

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 03:21:11 PM »
Never let the blade point at anything you don't want to cut.

Ben

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »
I'm licensed to carry a concealed weapon, and one of the things they teach in the Texas CHL class is that one should NEVER escalate a purely verbal annoyance. You reply in kind, and things may not end well.

I'm not a hotheaded 17-year old kid any more, so I think this is good advice. So no matter how richly some <censored> deserves to receive a severe pummelling, I do what I can to avoid the necessity.

Second . . . I quit eating at Old Country Buffet years ago . . . everything tasted the same . . . roast beef . . . turkey . . . chicken . . . corn . . . mashed potatoes . . . all the same flavor, but minor variations in texture. They managed to cook the goodness out of everything.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 03:22:36 PM »

I'm thinking she called him. She started it in my book and her friend had no business trying to finish it. The whole situation could have been avoided its a shame it ended in some one getting arrested. 

Indeed you are right.

In that case, the girls are just REALLY stupid.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Josh Aston

• Future President of Texas
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »
Alright, I am not blaming the boy. Threatening a person with a knife is NEVER right.

The girl is responsible for her own actions.

However, how stupid do you have to be to call a girl fat? I don't care if she is fat, that's just never a good idea.

Where did he call her fat?  She called him fat.
I'm from Texas, what country are you from?

Aston for POTUS Republic of Texas - 2016

280plus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 04:32:34 PM »
Who you calling fat?  :mad:

I'm not FAT I'm horizontally challenged!  =|

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »
Some of us are just undertall.  :angel:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

280plus

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 04:48:04 PM »
Yea, I'm that too!  =|

:lol:

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »
pleasently plump.

thank you very much.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 05:16:54 PM »
I'm a Greek god.  :laugh:

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 05:20:20 PM »
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 05:41:37 PM »
Bacchus?
Nah. Apollo. Or Athena, if your vision was bad enough.  :lol:

Daniel964

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 07:37:52 PM »
Shes not fat just Fluffy.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
A woman on another board I visit described herself as "...of abundant body contour...". I laughed so hard I almost passed out.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 12:21:19 AM »
A woman on another board I visit described herself as "...of abundant body contour...". I laughed so hard I almost passed out.

Visiting the BBW boards again?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 12:31:29 AM »
That was after he may or may not have flashed her the international digit of derision at her, police said.
This was written by a journalist?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 02:28:50 AM »
"So-called" journalist.

It's the Madison Capital Times.

Not exactly a beacon of literary achievement, even amongst liberal rags.

This was one of the front-page articles this week, in and amongst the Obama worship. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
Nah. Apollo. Or Athena, if your vision was bad enough.  :lol:
You can be confused with either Apollo or Athena?  :O

Didn't know you were from 'Frisco . . .

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »
Visiting the BBW boards again?

;D Ixnay!
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »
You can be confused with either Apollo or Athena?  :O

Didn't know you were from 'Frisco . . .

Well, those two are some of the few Greek gods that didn't have beards.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 10:59:34 AM »
Well, those two are some of the few Greek gods that didn't have beards.

Poor Hera....