Author Topic: Electronic medical records with no opt out  (Read 1847 times)

ShelleyB.

Electronic medical records with no opt out
« on: January 29, 2009, 02:40:39 PM »
I've read many posts by those who opine our rights will slowly erode away through multi-point attacks as opposed to those who believe in the "Big Ban" theory.

For the former group, this push to force Americans participation in a Federal medical record is oddly tied to the Economic Stimulus Plan. Under the usual guise of reasonableness and benefit for all, this portends a dangerous foray into mandatory compilation of very personal information that can be used against individuals or groups who do not reflect or obey the administration's agenda. I guess it's time to write my Congressperson again...

LIFE WITH BIG BROTHER
Economic stimulus? Feds want your medical records
Electronic database to include lawsuit, mental health, abortion, sexual details

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=87322

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Electronic medical records with no opt out
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 03:12:01 PM »
i need to got to the store before i read it  outa foil right now. =D

story is long on supposition short on facts  or a typical unruh  he may have his name become a code word for that kinda piece. secure a place in journalism school tests as defining a certain type of atricle and labeling it using his name
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 03:12:26 PM »
I'll worry when the link is from someone other than WND.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »
Already exists in many countries outside the US.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 04:04:19 PM »
of couse any sane person see the horror in getting better medical treatment bwhen they can acess your records and see medical history.  who would want to enable something that will save lives  :angel:
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 04:05:17 PM »
of couse any sane person see the horror in getting better medical treatment bwhen they can acess your records and see medical history.  who would want to enable something that will save lives  :angel:

So if it's so awesome, why can't I opt out?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 04:17:29 PM »
so show me where you can't?  cause mr unruh didn't

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »
so show me where you can't?  cause mr unruh didn't

I'm not sure this is even actually planned in America. I thought we were arguing the pros and cons of a no-opt-out system in general, the debate being triggered by a probably-false WND article.

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 04:27:04 PM »
false is such a harsh word  we prefer "highly sensationalized"  in much the same way   blackmail  becomes "hush money"

Car Knocker

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 06:03:17 PM »
I recently received a mailing from the Department of Health & Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, dated January 6, 2009, encouraging me to partcipate in a new program called Medicare PHR Choice (PHR = Personal Health Record) to be administered by a number of private companies. Included was the booklet found here: http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/Pubs/pdf/11397.pdf
More information at this site: http://www.medicare.gov/phr/
Don