Author Topic: Norm Coleman needs help fighting the fraudulent Minnesota voter recount.  (Read 5379 times)

MeekandMild

For those who've been living in a plastic bubble the last few months there has been a lot of controversy in the Minnesota senate race. To give a brief recap, liberal Democrat Al Franken has been declared the winner over the more conservative Republican, Norm Coleman.

Well, it happens that I'm one of those who believes Norm when he asserts that in several Democratic districts there were more votes counted than there were registered voters, there were multiple cases of double counting and other irregularities.

Bottom line? It will cost Norm over a million dollars to pursue the challenge.

Just ignore this post if it offends you.

Or contribute if you can: https://www.colemanforsenate.com/contribute/

(No, I'm not affiliated with Norm. I'm just a citizen who is alarmed by recent trends toward anarchy in our election process.)

thebaldguy

• friends
Re: Norm Coleman needs help fighting the fraudulent Minnesota voter recount.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 08:45:45 PM »
Norm voted for the bailout.

He's not getting any help from me.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:42:50 PM »
I'm just a citizen who is alarmed by recent trends toward anarchy in our election process.

After Franken was declared the winner I saw a slew of Republicans carrying the "Democrats always steal elections!" banner.  I dug around and gathered up the closest elections at the federal level in the past 6 years that were actually contested after election night.

Guess what?  50/50 split between Democrats and Republicans... ignoring the 2000 Presidential election even.

The system works.  It isn't perfect, but it works.

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 11:48:56 PM »
The worse it gets and the faster we get there the sooner the yahoos cry and whine on def ears.
This country needs a rollback on gov purpose. To maybe 5% of what we have today. We won't get there with Norm.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 12:27:53 AM »
A pox on both their houses.  I think the courts is where this belongs, now.  It's obvious both sides have their hands in the cookie jar.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 07:03:27 AM »
I wouldn't want to get in the habit of having the courts decide elections. If anything, they should nullify an election if it can be shown there were improprieties on either or both sides and call for a special election with outside observers monitoring the tallying of votes.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 08:03:10 AM »
I wouldn't want to get in the habit of having the courts decide elections. If anything, they should nullify an election if it can be shown there were improprieties on either or both sides and call for a special election with outside observers monitoring the tallying of votes.

If it was good enough for George Bush, it's good enough for Norm Coleman.
Seriously though, that'd be fine, too.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 09:53:11 AM »
Fixed it for you:

"For those who've been living in a plastic bubble the last few months there has been a lot of controversy in the Minnesota senate race. To give a brief recap, liberal Democrat Al Franken has been declared the winner over the more conservative slightly less liberal Republican, Norm Coleman."

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

MeekandMild

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:49:32 PM »
Gee thanks, JohnnyB! I realize the RKBA is more or less off topic here but Norm appears to be a lot friendlier in that regard than Stuart Smalley. :rolleyes:

Regardless of whether past election theft has occurred or has been 50/50 or not, this particular election is the one I posted about. Like I said if it offends you, just pass on by.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 02:06:08 AM »
So we have an election that was probably stolen, and nobody here seems to care much.  "I don't like that Coleman guy, so why should I care?"

And yet, everyone seems to whine and complain about the state the county is in.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 04:29:30 AM »
"Probably" stolen?

The problem that you have is that the election IMO was so close that it was actually closer than margins in error/counting can tell. In this case, recounts are perfectly useless - people will in such cases demand recounts until their party wins.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 08:03:25 AM »

You're kidding, right? Don't sacrifice the long-term on the altar of the immediate.

The problem that you have is that the election IMO was so close that it was actually closer than margins in error/counting can tell. In this case, recounts are perfectly useless - people will in such cases demand recounts until their party wins.

Correct. Although here I would say its a question of proving that the other guy stole more votes than you did.

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 09:58:44 AM »
Gee thanks, JohnnyB! I realize the RKBA is more or less off topic here but Norm appears to be a lot friendlier in that regard than Stuart Smalley. :rolleyes:

Regardless of whether past election theft has occurred or has been 50/50 or not, this particular election is the one I posted about. Like I said if it offends you, just pass on by.

You're welcome.

Norm is a New York Democrat, pretending to be a conservative. He worked for Skip Humphrey years ago. He was, in fact, a Democrat in name not so long ago, rather than just in practice.

I didn't vote for him - and of course, didn't/couldn't vote for Al, the un-funny comedian, Franken.

Yes, I realize that Franken is stealing the election. The election judge panel assisted him. Norm was as aggressive in defending his lead as was John McCain on the campaign trail. The Republicans seem to want to lose elections this year. They're having their wish granted.

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

john828

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 10:17:39 AM »

Do you think Franken would have voted against it?  No offense, but you're wrong--dead wrong.

Whether or not, Coleman is still a Democrat or not, I still voted for him in the last election cycle and would continue voting for him if I was still living there until there is a better primary alternative.  Franken is a joke.  His candidacy was a joke, and should he be seated, his term will be a joke.  Problem is, the joke's on us.
My initial thought [for your next purchase] was to get a .22 lr or .22 mag but as you have one or five, I’d advise you purchase Spell Check---
~z

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 10:21:55 AM »
You're kidding, right? Don't sacrifice the long-term on the altar of the immediate.

Correct. Although here I would say its a question of proving that the other guy stole more votes than you did.

If you don't stand up now, when will you?  Exactly what long term goals do you have for voting fraud that will be served by ignoring it? 

The main thing to me is trying to be sure that votes are counted and judged uniformly across the state, not to get one man in office. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

psyopspec

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 03:54:53 PM »
Wasn't Coleman the first to say that he would respect the outcome of the race and that it would only hurt the electorate to drag it out any further?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 05:31:12 PM by psyopspec »

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »
I didn't really like either for the Senate.

Voting third party is best option for some of us.

Bruce H

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 12:12:11 AM »
Let Franken have the office. The place we are headed he will be a welcome addition.
It is possible to always be wrong.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 01:33:18 AM »
"Probably" stolen?

Bingo.  There were 3 million ballots cast in the race.  That's 3 million chances for a voter to screw something up.  They might pick the wrong guy on accident (people are stupid, it happens) or just plain fill the thing out wrong.  The original tallies were calling a victory on less than 300 votes.  That's 0.01% of the votes.  If one in every 10,000 people screwed up, which is quite believable, divining the actual will of the people is impossible.

You can't fix it without giving up secret ballots.