Author Topic: Robots - pretty good flick!  (Read 2798 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Robots - pretty good flick!
« on: March 14, 2005, 11:26:36 AM »
I saw Robots yesterday. Pretty good! From the folks who brought us 'Ice Age' - Blue Sky Studios.

While there weren't a lot of out-and-out laughs, I did find myself smiling and chuckling. A lot. The visuals and audio are absolutely stunning. The story, while fairly simplistic and straightforward, is still entertaining and fun. Some of the vocal talent falls a bit flat but on the whole it is entirely passable and does not detract from the mostly light, enjoyable nature of the film. Some moments and language are not suitable for the youngest youngsters, but should be fine for pre-teens and older. It is rated PG, after all.

One note - if you are going because you are a Robin Williams fan and expect a performance on par with 'Genie' from Aladdin, you will be disappointed. It's obvious that the performance was much more scripted and Williams' incredible talent for ad lib was not capitalized upon for more than a few quick quips. I think his chacracter would have benefitted greatly from more use of Williams' frantically hilarious unscripted diatribes. Still, the character works for the story.

All in all a very enjoyable film! Definitely worth the couple bucks I spent on the matinee.

Brad

p.s. - Our frantic little pal Scrat will be back soon, still trying to hold on to his nuts..... Cheesy
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WhoKnowsWho

• http://whoknowswho.yafro.com
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 11:41:50 AM »
Too bad about Robin Williams, I guess it would be tough to do a CG scene all over again for his ad libs, unlike in normal animation, I think it would be easier and quicker. That's usually the best part about Robin Williams! Unless he is doing super creepy like One Hour Photo or Insomnia.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 12:21:46 PM »
My 6 & 8 year old daughters loved it, and i did not see anything that unappropriate

they can handle cross dressing robots

Wink
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

50 Shooter

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 12:28:59 PM »
My 9 year old son liked it, good movie for kids. My wife fell asleep!

Sean Smith

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 12:33:02 PM »
Quote from: Harold Tuttle
they can handle cross dressing robots

Wink
Hey, Bugs Bunny wore dresses, it's no big deal.  Tongue