Author Topic: HR 1146- Get US out of UN  (Read 11706 times)

• friend
HR 1146- Get US out of UN
« on: April 29, 2009, 02:17:34 AM »
 =D  Sounds good to me.

I was unable to locate the text of the bill.  It appears it's being resubmitted.  Of course, it also appears it's been submitted multiple times since 1999 or so.  But I just heard Rep Paul is trying it again.

On February 24, Rep. Ron Paul (R.-Texas) introduced H.R. 1146, the American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2009 in the House and the legislation was referred to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. The bill was cosponsored by Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. (R.-Tenn.) on March 19.

The stated objective of H.R. 1146 is to end membership of the United States in the United Nations. It would accomplish this end by initiating the following actions:

* Repeal the United Nations Participation Act of 1945;

* Require the president to terminate all participation by the United States in the United Nations, and any organ, specialized agency, commission, or other formally affiliated body of the United Nations;
* Close the United States Mission to United Nations;

* Terminate the appropriation of funds for assessed or voluntary contributions of the United States to the United Nations or any of its affiliated agencies;

* Prohibit funding of contributions to any United Nations military operation;

* Prohibit any member of the Armed Forces of the United States from serving under the command of the United Nations;

* Prohibit employees of the United Nations from using U.S. government property;

* Suspend diplomatic immunity for officers and employees of the United Nations;

* Repeal acts authorizing U.S. participation in UN agencies such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization; the United Nations Environment Program; and the World Health Organization; and would end all participation in any and all conventions and agreements with the United Nations.

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: HR 1146- Get US out of UN
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 06:15:09 AM »
As usual, an excellent bill.

As usual, it won't pass.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

LAK

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:45:34 AM »
Our membership in the U.N. and participation in it's agenda and embracing elements of it's ideology are the greatest threat to the United States bar none. Getting us out would go a long way towards the end of some of the ideological enemies that have been "legitimized" as accepted political alternatives in this country.  Right off it would send their morale in a downward tumble.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »
If it ever passes I expect to see the four horseman of the apocalypse right behind it.
Look, tiny text!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »
I fail to see how the UN harms us at all, since we sit on the Security Council and can veto anything.

Yeah, we can be bound by treaties made through it... but we are bound by treaties made by our heads of state anyways.  No dodging that whether we are members or not.

I loved having Bolton there.  It was great entertainment.

The only small danger I see is us giving money and time and attention to those that have ideas antithetical to our Government.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 12:51:49 PM »
The better idea would be to get the UN out of the US.  Turn that prime piece of property into something productive, like a Wal-Mart or something.  And then just veto everything that comes to the Security Council.  Just for shiggles.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »
I fail to see how the UN harms us at all, since we sit on the Security Council and can veto anything.

Look at all the seemingly-harmless stuff they've already put through. Vicious, evil stuff, like Agenda 21.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 07:47:58 PM »
Micro, don't be makin' folks dust off their Googlefu...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 09:31:29 PM »

The harm come when people we have sitting on that council, especially toadies of the current misadministration embraces the UN agenda regardless of whether it's harmful to US soveriegnty or not.

Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 01:03:58 AM »

The better idea would be to get the UN out of the US.  Turn that prime piece of property into something productive, like a Wal-Mart or something. 

But Walmart is anti union!  We couldn't do that.   :laugh:

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 07:55:41 AM »
But Walmart is anti union!  We couldn't do that.   :laugh:

Good point.  It is NY after all.  Guess we'll just have to tear it down and leave it vacant.  It might fit in better that way.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 11:37:04 AM »
Micro, don't be makin' folks dust off their Googlefu...

UN Agenda 21 :angel:

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 12:03:16 PM »

This is the key.

We need to stay in the UN so that we maintain that seat on the Security Council.

We need to stop participating in all of the stupid crap that the UN does, and probably throw it out of New York, but we need to hold that security council seat.

Keeping one's friends close and one's enemies closer, and so on.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 02:35:49 PM »
Nice thought on Mr. Paul's part but it can't help but remind one of the saying:

Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies even closer.

Leaving the UN just would not be practical in today's world.

Edited to add: Ooops! Should have read the whole thread before posting. Seems BrokenPaw beat me to the punch.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »
We need to stay in the UN so that we maintain that seat on the Security Council.

The whole thing would probably fall apart without US participation, anyway.

Reifen

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 08:26:18 PM »
The whole thing would probably fall apart without US participation, anyway.

Of course it would.  We foot more than half of the bill.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 09:32:42 PM »
Good point.  It is NY after all.  Guess we'll just have to tear it down and leave it vacant.  It might fit in better that way.

I was thinking along the lines of the movie Heavy Metal, where it was turned into low rent housing.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 09:45:26 PM »
Ummm... isn't that what it is already (in a manner of speaking)? ;)
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)