Author Topic: Word game for everyone  (Read 179151 times)

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Re: Word game for everyone
« Reply #500 on: May 28, 2009, 11:46:14 PM »
Maybe he means both?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #501 on: May 29, 2009, 06:12:50 PM »
Whichever you hold in the highest esteem, of course...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #502 on: May 29, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
As long as he is meticulous in his decision making.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #503 on: May 30, 2009, 04:42:36 AM »
Although somewhat sanctimonious in his condemnation...

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #504 on: June 01, 2009, 12:36:33 AM »
I refuse to let this thread sink into oblivion.  ;)

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #505 on: June 01, 2009, 01:45:13 AM »
Well, it keeps getting revived...

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #506 on: June 01, 2009, 02:20:42 AM »
For goodness sakes, can't we just have a little fun without all the criticism?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #507 on: June 01, 2009, 05:32:56 AM »
Not until our hard-hearted expressions of disapproval finally soak in.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #508 on: June 01, 2009, 06:23:12 AM »
I'm sorry, but that last one just kills me...

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #509 on: June 01, 2009, 07:15:43 AM »
Really....it's not as if you are naked on a ski heading for a cliff or anything.....  ;/

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #510 on: June 01, 2009, 07:41:20 AM »
I believe we are only now getting the first inklings of the horror that is a naked Strings. Perhaps we should stop.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #511 on: June 01, 2009, 08:00:30 AM »
I believe we are only now getting the first inklings of the horror that is a naked Strings. Perhaps we should stop.

Speaking of naked inklings, how's the movie career?....

grampster

• friend
« Reply #512 on: June 01, 2009, 09:59:49 PM »
Gasping over the potential monumental effort that will be involved, the challenge now is to take 21 pages of disparate words and incorporate ONLY those words into a lucid commentary.  (If you'll note I have used 7 of the 8 letters from the previous word.  That would be another challenge; how many letters of the previous word can you incorporate in the new word.  The more, the brighter you are.)
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #513 on: June 01, 2009, 10:52:27 PM »
Gasping over the potential monumental effort that will be involved, the challenge now is to take 21 pages of disparate words and incorporate ONLY those words into a lucid commentary.  (If you'll note I have used 7 of the 8 letters from the previous word.  That would be another challenge; how many letters of the previous word can you incorporate in the new word.  The more, the brighter you are.)

I think you are grasping at straws about being smarter for incorporating more letters from the previous word. However, as I just used 100% of the letters from your word, you may be on to something...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
« Reply #514 on: June 02, 2009, 12:25:43 AM »
Errr.  I don't seem to see an R in my word or the previous word. =D

FAIL
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #515 on: June 02, 2009, 06:48:18 AM »
Gasping over the potential monumental effort that will be involved, the challenge now is to take 21 pages of disparate words and incorporate ONLY those words into a lucid commentary. 

Great Caesar's Ghost!  Since when has lucidity been a requirement for posting on an APS thread?....

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #516 on: June 02, 2009, 09:02:41 AM »
Errr.  I don't seem to see an R in my word or the previous word. =D

FAIL

There was no R in your word. However, are any of the letters missing?: using 100% of the letters =/= ONLY using your letters....

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
« Reply #517 on: June 02, 2009, 09:23:32 AM »
Tarred and feathered by a rank amatuer. :O

HankB

• friend
« Reply #518 on: June 02, 2009, 09:37:20 AM »
Tarred and feathered by a rank amatuer. :O
With the arrangement of letters of the word "amateur" in the previous post, it would appear that proper spelling is as endangered as the infamous snail darter.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #519 on: June 02, 2009, 11:00:10 AM »
The question now is - how to use the word retard in a post without insulting anybody in it?

Ah, I think I got it.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #520 on: June 02, 2009, 11:22:59 AM »
The question now is - how to use the word retard in a post without insulting anybody in it?

Ah, I think I got it.

Well done. You'd have been quite a dastard to use it to apply to any of our members.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #521 on: June 02, 2009, 11:29:04 AM »
"Dastard"?  I had to look that one up in my dictionary, since I'd never heard it used.  It is a word.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #522 on: June 02, 2009, 11:57:53 AM »
Quite the yeoman effort, Micro.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #523 on: June 02, 2009, 04:37:07 PM »
Quite the yeoman effort, Micro.

Oh...now we're using naval terminology?....

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #524 on: June 02, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »
Oh...now we're using naval terminology?....

Oooo, bringing different service branches into this is like hot molten lava.