Author Topic: Narcissism, or what?  (Read 2743 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Narcissism, or what?
« on: July 20, 2009, 03:37:40 PM »
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/A-Tale-of-Two-Kellys.html?yhp=1

=D

Kelly Hildebrandt marries Kelly Hildebrandt?

Kelly Hildebrandt is in love with Kelly Hildebrandt, and soon they'll be married.

Kelly Marrying Kelly

A man named Kelly Hildebrandt is marrying a girl named Kelly Hildebrandt, creating a post office nightmare.

It's been a whirlwind romance for the guy and gal who share the same name, and it all started with an innocent Facebook message.

"She started off 'Hey, I saw we have the same name,and I thought it was kind of cool, Just wanted to say hi I guess. LOL,'" the male Kelly said.

Kelly the female, from Coral Springs, was curious to see profiles of people with the same name when she happened across Kelly the male in Lubbock, Texas.

"I searched my own name and he's the only one who came up and actually in the picture he didn't have a shirt on and I was like oh he's cute," said the female Kelly.

Three weeks later, male kelly flew to South Florida to meet female Kelly, and they hit it off immediately.

And now in just three months, the Hildebrandts will officially be married.

"We get a couple of the same reactions, usually it's like 'whoa, that's so awesome and totally different,'" said female Kelly, 20.

Male Kelly, 24, has moved down to Florida and plans on working at the new branch for his company, Primerica Financial. Female Kelly is finishing up her studies at Palm Beach Community College.

The wedding will be at Lighthouse Point Yacht Club in October, a quick turnaround -- just eight months after the two first met -- though male Kelly has no reservations.

"I felt like there was a good possibility that before I ever came out to meet her in person, that this could be the girl I'm gonna marry," he said.

The marriage won't be without problems. In fact, one problem has already presented itself before the two have even stepped foot on the altar.

"He's even already got some mail coming in, and we have to open everything, because we don't know whose mail is whose," said female Kelly.

Too funny.  My first name is Kelly though I go by my initials (KC) and I've dated a girl back in college with the same name.  That was odd.  Never dated someone with the same last name, though.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Iain

• friend
Re: Narcissism, or what?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 03:51:47 PM »
Never dated someone with the same last name, though.

If I did it would be almost guaranteed to lead to inbred children, unless I married one of the NZ or North Americans of the same name. Probably a bit dodgy even then.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:03:51 PM by Iain »
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »
If I did it would be almost guaranteed to lead to inbred children . . .
And the poor dears would have almost no available career path other than politics . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »
Primerica Financial.

Ohhh. 

Never mind.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
What's the story on Primerica?  My sister and BIL were/are (?) in that, and they invited me to a recruitment-type-thing a while ago.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 05:08:14 PM »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 05:20:06 PM »
They should name all their kids George Foreman. =D

There are a few people with the same name as me, but with my last name I am definitely related to them.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 05:21:29 PM »
What's the story on Primerica?  My sister and BIL were/are (?) in that, and they invited me to a recruitment-type-thing a while ago.

Primerica is essentially a multi-level marketing company. When you make a financial sale, your manager gets a cut, his manager gets a cut of his cut, etc.. Thus the real goal is to recruit more people under you more than it is to make financial sales. Like Amway.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 05:31:39 PM »
Primerica is essentially a multi-level marketing company. When you make a financial sale, your manager gets a cut, his manager gets a cut of his cut, etc.. Thus the real goal is to recruit more people under you more than it is to make financial sales. Like Amway.

Back over 2000-2001 when I was out of permanent work for 13 months, there was a stretch where the only call I got was from Primerica.  The whole meeting reeked of scam.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 07:06:31 PM »
I recall hearing a while back that Lawrence Eagleburger, former Secty of State, had a large number of children.  He gave them all the same legal name (I would assume separated by a sequence code).  Reason he gave?  Diddle social security system.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 11:42:42 PM »

Interesting. There are a fair few people with the same first and last name as me. The hard-boiled private eye detective fiction novels my name comes from was second only to Mike Hammer in popularity way back when. I've Googled and found some here and there, and a couple on Facebook. My topper, though, is a fella a few years younger than me whose name is the opposite of mine. That is, my first name is his last, and my last name is his first. He grew up just a few miles away from me but we've never met in person. We're on each other's Friends list on FB and I've gotten a couple of querys from other friends about his name popping up on my Wall.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 11:29:11 PM »
There is a guy on Facebook with my same first and last name (my last name is not terribly common).  And he somewhat resembles me. 

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 11:52:23 PM »
And he somewhat resembles me. 
Whoa, what are the odds of that?  Really, how many out there look like a freakish combination of goat and Clint Eastwood wannabe?

:angel:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 11:54:53 PM »
Well, at least my hands aren't in two different primary colors.  Freak.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 01:46:25 AM »
If this thread is about narcissism shouldn't we be talking about me?

If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 03:35:30 PM »
The guy is a family friend of another agent in my office.  They're getting a big kick out of the whole deal.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB