Author Topic: It's not a "national ID card" it's a "worker ID card"  (Read 5769 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: It's not a "national ID card" it's a "worker ID card"
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 12:51:41 AM »
Yeah, I am quite familiar with the Idiot-9 form now. I just find it hilarious that a 20 year old blue piece of paper with a number poked on it by a dot matrix printer proves who I am better than an ID card with my thumbprint electronically encoded on it. That and the fact that it is damned irritating to serve 15 years in your country's military and be treated like a suspect anyway.

It used to specify on the form that an expired passport could be used.  I knew one guy who kept the one from when he was an infant for just that reason.  It drove people crazy, since it's a bit tough to be sure that the <1 year old in the picture is the 20-something in front of you.

Seenterman

• friend
Re: It's not a "national ID card" it's a "worker ID card"
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 10:55:44 AM »
If these "worker cards" are embedded with biometrics what happens if your card is cracked and some hacker copies your biometric information? If their including fingerprints, how many one all ten?

If the cards contain all ten prints how could you "cancel" access on your old one without effectively removing yourself from the database.