Author Topic: aseries of posts from another forum  (Read 6795 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
aseries of posts from another forum
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:44:14 PM »
this guy tosprops does lib satire great

Under the House resolution, union leaders who have mismanaged these plans for their members could receive up to $10 billion in taxpayer-funded bailout money, innocuously referred to as a "reinsurance program."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/outlook/6719913.html

Nancy Pelosi reminded us "No money changed hands, of course." Yep, that's a real quote from queen Nancy.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
Re: aseries of posts from another forum
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 02:45:11 PM »
AARP, a non-partisan, open minded, is not a Democratic Party activist organization even though it has given its full-throated support to Democratic health care legislation even though seniors remain largely opposed and which does not exchange political favors for money, received an $18 million grant in the economic stimulus package for a job training program that has not created any jobs, according to the Obama administration's Recovery.gov website.

Barry Rand, the chief executive of AARP, was a big donor to the Obama campaign and has retained a cozy relationship with the administration.

http://spectator.org/blog/2009/11/18/aarp-received-18-million-in-st

Nancy Pelosi reminded us "No money changed hands, of course." Yep, that's a real quote from queen Nancy.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:52:59 PM »
Sen. Mary Landrieu says she won $300 million in aid for Louisiana for voting 'yes' in a key healthcare reform vote Saturday.

Sen. Mary Landrieu (D) of Louisiana was pressed by reporters on whether she had cast a vote with Democratic leadership on healthcare in exchange for $100 million in federal aid to her state.

She seized the opportunity to correct the record.

?It?s not $100 million, it?s $300 million, and I?m proud of it and will keep fighting for it,? she told reporters after a floor speech announcing her support of a vote to begin debate on healthcare reform.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/20...her-300-million
   there are probably 10 more  but this is enough

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »
Is this stuff in the current law?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 04:07:35 PM »
s far as i know  some of them are for sure others of the 10 or so i haven't checked but this guy is a perenial thorn to the liberals. after he realized how indoctrinated they were he transformed into uber liberal. he spouts there most bizzare stuff as holy writ.  he drives em crazy.

Reporting from Washington - Contained in the nearly 2,000-page House healthcare bill is a little-noticed provision -- worth $300 million to California -- that would increase federal Medicare payments to doctors in a wide swath of the state in response to complaints that low reimbursement rates have kept them from taking new patients.

Rep. Sam Farr (D-Carmel) was able to include a reimbursement calculation fix in the overhaul legislation. It was a testament to California's political muscle in the House, where its delegation is the largest of any state and includes Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D- San Francisco) and five committee chairs.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/18/nation/la-na-medicare-california19-2009nov19

Of course, this has nothing to do with his support for Obamacare.

A spokeswoman for Congressman John Larson says a $100 million federal grant that could help pay for an overhaul of the University of Connecticut Health Center was in the health care bill approved by the House Sunday.

The $100 million is a vital part of Gov. M. Jodi Rell's $352 million plan to overhaul the aging Health Center in Farmington. Connecticut Sen. Christopher Dodd originally put the money in the Senate's health care bill.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/statewire/hc-ap-ct-healthoverhaul-homar22,0,4976590.story

Of course, blah blah blah.

Nebraska will receive $100 million in assistance for its state Medicaid program under provisions negotiated by Sen. Ben Nelson (D) in the Senate's healthcare reform bill.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...-at-100-million

Of course, this has nothing to do with Nelson's support for blah blah blah.

i thought the nebraska deal got cut but who knows

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 05:39:54 PM »