Author Topic: Arizona demonstrates the proper technique of a pimp slap  (Read 12060 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Arizona demonstrates the proper technique of a pimp slap
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 09:37:53 PM »
I've often wished I was an FBI agent who was independently wealthy.  It would be glorious to walk into the office of some high end, Constitutional trampling politician and arrest him/her, cuff 'em and stuff 'em.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

taurusowner

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »
Where would you get the warrant?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 12:16:45 AM »
Where would you get the warrant?

Standard operating procedure:  judge shop.  Sooner or later, you'll find a judge that will sign just about anything.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 12:19:19 AM »
Can the fed.gov "legally" ignore their own immigration laws?

Who the hell's going to call them on it? And by call them own it, I mean have the means to actually do something about it (and playing musical chairs with representatives and senators doesn't seem to be doing anything)

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 06:17:30 AM »
Who the hell's going to call them on it? And by call them own it, I mean have the means to actually do something about it (and playing musical chairs with representatives and senators doesn't seem to be doing anything)

If you have nearly unlimited funds you could shower them with petitions for a Writ of Mandamus.

I know I would be amused sitting there listening to the Solicitor General (junior flunky grade) telling the court that while, yes, there are laws against coming into the country without first touching all the bases and collecting the required signatures/stamps, the fed.gov just does not have the money to prosecute, but has more than sufficient funds to pay the costs of catch&release.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 09:18:56 AM »
Isn't it unconstitutional for states to engage in trade wars?

I think so based on some federal case law.  State governments (and perhaps local governments within a state) can't screw around with interstate commence or some such thing.

I could be wrong though not being a lawyer and all that.  =)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 12:59:13 PM »
I think so based on some federal case law.  State governments (and perhaps local governments within a state) can't screw around with interstate commence or some such thing.

I could be wrong though not being a lawyer and all that.  =)
It seems to me that states/cities/individuals can CHOOSE not to do business with anyone they want . . . and I don't see how the Feds can come in and dictate that someone WILL do business with someone they don't want to. (We'll see how the mandated purchase of health insurance in Obamacare fares in court.)

The wrinkle comes in if there's a law on the books that requires government contracts and such to be awarded via a competitive bidding process. To exclude a legal entity from bidding, or to refuse to award a bid to the lowest legitimate bidder, would appear to be unlawful.

I also suspect that L.A.'s local government would run into problems if they tried to prohibit individuals and private companies from doing business with Arizona . . . they're probably smart enough to realize that themselves.

As far as cutting off LA's power (   =D  ) as good an idea as it seems, that may be a problem since various California individuals and companies own pieces of Arizona's power utilities.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 02:17:13 AM »
>Where would you get the warrant?<

Can't police detain on probable cause that a crime is being committed?

Isn't passage of an unconstitutional law criminal?

>:D
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 08:20:26 PM »
Isn't it unconstitutional for states to engage in trade wars?

I believe you've hit on the main purpose of the "Commerce Clause". It would be historic to actually see it used as originally intended, instead of all the bastardized ways it's been twisted to suit the gov's need for power.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

grampster

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38:00 PM »
Misdemeanors need to commited in the presence of the officer of the law in order for a warrantless arrest.  Felonies do not.  Probable cause us sufficient.  Last time I looked treason is defined as betrayal of one's country.  If violating the precepts of the Constitution is not a betrayal, then I don't know what it might be, thus treason.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 10:39:03 PM »
Villaraigosa had a crony underling spokesman make a brief response to the letter:

And this is the way its going to break down this time around. The forces of light, righteousness and progress against the evil, backward, racist Tea Party dominated states.

Get used to the name calling because its a long slide to the bottom.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.