Author Topic: Someone brought in Krispy Kremes...  (Read 6325 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Someone brought in Krispy Kremes...
« on: March 02, 2006, 04:49:53 AM »
Dooooooooooonuts...

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 05:26:26 AM »
First Krispy Kreme?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 05:29:05 AM »
Are you kidding?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 05:29:26 AM »
Haahahahahah. Love the picture. I heart krispy kremes. Good java too.
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 05:38:31 AM »
Quote from: charby
First Krispy Kreme?
Quote from: Mike Irwin
Are you kidding?
LMAO.  For some reason, that struck me as funny.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 05:40:32 AM »
Glad you're amused there, Chris. Cheesy

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 05:42:26 AM »
No not kidding..  Just never seen some one get so excited over a Krispy Kreme, figured it was your first one. Krispy Kremes are every where here... gas staions, supermarkets, Walamrt, etc. I think there is a outlet bakery in Des Moines. I don't really care for them much.

I miss Harold's Donuts from my hometown (Burlington, Iowa) If you knew when to get there you could get a nice warm donut right from the kitchen. We also called the place Spudnuts but I'm not really sure why we called it that, my folks called it that too.

C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Paddy

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 06:33:51 AM »
I think Krispy Kremes are way overrated, as is Starbucks coffee.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 06:38:20 AM »
Contrary to what you think, Krispy Kreams are not everywhere.

Whenever I go to Spokane, I always bring a dozen or so back for my co-workers. They think they are the freshest donuts they have ever eaten. I keep trying to tell them they are stale, afterall, they are about 8 hours old by the time they get them. Nothing like a fresh one just coming out of the glazing station to make the statement "FRESH".

We are just a little bit Krispy Kreme deficient up here in Montana, along with a serious lack of Starbucks. But the views are nice.

I think Krispy Kremes are way overrated, as is Starbucks coffee.
I imagine I would feel the same way if it was something that was available to me every day of the week.  When I lived in Spokane, I had Krispy Kremes a total of 1 time and a visit to Starbucks was a rare event. So, it isn't much different now, except, if I wanted either one, I can't get it by going down the street.

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 06:59:52 AM »
I'm kind of... at a loss for words... as a means of asking you if you really think I was excited...

I channeled a humorous cultural icon as a means of expressing that there were free donuts in my office.

I likely would have done the same thing had someone provided Dunkin Donuts, or donuts from Giant or Safeway....

Why? Because it's a chance to channel a humorous cultural icon in a manner that hopefully many people will understand.

But, just for you...

HOLYSHITJESUSIDON'TBELIEVEITSOMEONEBROUGHTINDONUTS!!!
GETTHEFRICKOUTOFMYWAYORI'LLKILLYOUPUTTHATDONUTDOWNIT'SMINEYOUPRICK!!!!

DONUTSDONUTSDONUTSIGOTDONUTSDONUTSDONUTSDONUTSIGOTDONUTS!!!!

Oh dear. Is that glaze or spooge? I was too 'excited' to tell... Smiley

Starbucks is overrated.

Krispy Kreme donuts, however, are not.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 07:04:18 AM »
It's a Southern thang.  I think their HQ is in N. Carolina, and they've had a presence in E. TN for decades.  The 1990's were really good for the company, they went public, went nationwide, and kicked big tail, until the truth of how healthy a lowered carbohydrate lifestyle is became common knowledge.  That singlehandedly put them into a tailspin, and they've been hurting ever since.

Delicious sugar fix!
I avoid 'em like the plague, any more, though.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 07:21:53 AM »
All things in moderation Fig.  A donut here and there won't hurt.  It's the box of donuts every day that'll get you.  No need to deprive yourself of good food totally, just use that un-American trait of moderation and self-control. Smiley

Chris

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 07:27:33 AM »
Starbucks is overrated.

Krispy Kreme donuts, however, are not.
+1. The ones straight from the store as BobR mentioned are great. You can buy them pre-packaged at the grocery, but they're not the same.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 08:00:26 AM »
When the first franchise opened up in my city, it made the television new.  *sigh*Cheesy

It's like these people have never seen donuts before and harped incessantly about them.  However, there have to be more places downtown here that make donuts than just about anywhere.

Never was a donut man, always a blueberry muffin fan.  No doubt there's a deep psychological reason for this.Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

...has left the building.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 08:18:11 AM »
Krispie Kreme = VOMIT!

Quote from: El Tejon
When the first franchise opened up in my city, it made the television new.  *sigh*Cheesy

It's like these people have never seen donuts before and harped incessantly about them.  However, there have to be more places downtown here that make donuts than just about anywhere.

Never was a donut man, always a blueberry muffin fan.  No doubt there's a deep psychological reason for this.Cheesy
I drive by the Krispie Kreme at all hours and I just realized: You need to pick up some clients there! When the "Free Donuts" light is on, there are about 20 jalopies in the parking lot, just slide a card under each windshield and you're probably guaranteed a client every week! Wink

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 08:51:03 AM »
Dan, I thought meth made one skinny?Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 09:14:01 AM »
I think Krispy Kremes are way overrated
Plus 1,000.  They're donuts; no more, no less, except that their cookie cutter sameness is a little off-putting.  I prefer the offerings at other donut shops or gas stations.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 09:41:21 AM »
Quote from: Felonious Fig
The 1990's were really good for the company, they went public, went nationwide, and kicked big tail, until the truth of how healthy a lowered carbohydrate lifestyle is became common knowledge.  That singlehandedly put them into a tailspin, and they've been hurting ever since.
But then they franchised in WI and we here went ape-scat for them. We had news stories about the stores opening up for a bunch of weeks. I mean, come on, it is just a donut.

I am not that impressed...being diabetic I cannot  pig out on them and if I am going to go "off program" it will not be for a krispy kreme. I rather have a bagel with a ton of cream cheese on it.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 10:08:27 AM »
Krispy Kreme Sundae

-Take two Krispy Kremes (warm)
-Place one scoop vanilla, raspberry, or strawberry ice cream in center of each donut
-Top liberally with butterscotch, caramel, or chocolate sauce (heck, use all three!!)
-Sprinkle with crushed Apple Jacks cereal
-Garnish with sliced banana

mmmmmmmm.....
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 10:38:56 AM »
Quote from: fistful
I think Krispy Kremes are way overrated
Plus 1,000.  They're donuts; no more, no less, except that their cookie cutter sameness is a little off-putting.  I prefer the offerings at other donut shops or gas stations.
You're right that they're just donuts, but they have a taste that I haven't found elsewhere (at least when fresh).

Chris

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 10:41:44 AM »
I used to sell them for Boy Scout fund raisers in PA. Here in CT we had the same huge media hype. People went crazy for them. Lines of cars down the street just to get one. Now the store is closed and gone away. I'd say it lasted 6 months.

Krispy Kremes are the spawn of Satan anyways...  (They probably make them with Bisquick) shocked

And they're TOO SWEET TOO!!

(heading for flame suit storage locker)

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 10:48:01 AM »
Didn't have them back home in mid-MI until a year or so ago.

Still don't have them way up here in the north.

Just haven't found another donut with that same creme filling.  Nothing else strikes me as special about them.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 11:03:43 AM »
"You're right that they're just donuts, but they have a taste that I haven't found elsewhere (at least when fresh)."

Exactly right.

The taste, and even texture, is completely unique.

Dunkin Donuts, Maple Glazed, etc. all have roughly similar textures and tastes for their donut batters.

Krispy Kreme's, though, are unique.

I think it must be ground up orphans or something.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 11:08:43 AM »
I think it must be ground up orphans or something.
YUM!

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 11:30:21 AM »
I drive by the Krispie Kreme at all hours and I just realized: You need to pick up some clients there! When the "Free Donuts" light is on, there are about 20 jalopies in the parking lot, just slide a card under each windshield and you're probably guaranteed a client every week!
You know if attorneys did that at Krispy Kreme and White Castle, we'd never have to watch some of those silly commercials they do. Tongue