Author Topic: TSA Super Thread  (Read 209211 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
TSA Super Thread
« on: November 10, 2010, 02:33:13 PM »
Hot 20-something woman only person singled out for nekkid-scan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGvsAgpfig

Flight Attendants (mostly women) protest new procedures:
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/lifestyle/travel/flight-attendants-union-upset-over-new-pat-down-procedures

Pilots seriously oppose:
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=7774593

TSA pats down breasts, crotches:
http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/2010-10-29-tsa-pat-downs_N.htm

TSA Says they don't molest anyone:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/tsa-no-fondling-groping-or-squeezing-is-taking-place-at-airports.html

AZ says:  I'm not flying.  I won't put up with an HOA, let alone draconian dick-head crap like this.  I always walk away from heavily policed authoritarian inspection stations.  Seems more and more people are getting fed up.

I hope the Tea Party candidates that won office take a good look at the Patriot Act, DHS and the TSA in the next 2 years.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:54:30 PM by JamisJockey »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Fighting back against the TSA?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
But AZ, these measures are for your safety. And the inspectors are wearing cool blue nitrile gloves, so what's to worry?

Seriously, the inspectors I've dealt with recently have been courteous and professional. Still irks me to go through all the screening crap while contemplating all of our other virtually unguarded vulnerabilties.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 03:05:57 PM »
But AZ, these measures are for your safety. And the inspectors are wearing cool blue nitrile gloves, so what's to worry?

Seriously, the inspectors I've dealt with recently have been courteous and professional. Still irks me to go through all the screening crap while contemplating all of our other virtually unguarded vulnerabilties.

SADShooter, it is just a security show to put the cattle public at ease.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 03:22:54 PM »
Mooo, er, thanks.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 03:33:54 PM »
Neither my wife or I will ever fly again.  I refuse to be treated like this.  Vote with your money, if no one is flying, the airlines will demand the TSA change their policies.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 03:44:43 PM »
I have to fly periodically for work, but no longer do so for non-work purposes.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 03:45:54 PM »
Neither my wife or I will ever fly again.  I refuse to be treated like this.  Vote with your money, if no one is flying, the airlines will demand the TSA change their policies.
As an airline employee, I have no complaint with that approach.

I avoid the TSA whenever I can. I can't stand that organization.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »

Screw this.  I'm not flying.  And I'm writing my newly elected Congresscritter and carefully explaining that I'm not voting at the future, as well as encourage others to give their money and votes to someone else, if this agency is not decimated or completely eliminated.  It is more of a threat to the United States than any terrorist organization. 

I encourage others here to do the same. 

Someone once told me a good argument about the limitations of government was to ask someone the following question.  "Would it be acceptable for a government to sexually assault someone?"   Today, we are faced with that question.  It's not theoretical, or a "one off" incident.  Does the US government have the right to sexually assault hundreds of American citizens each and every day?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 04:47:22 PM »
I was wondering when the revolt would begin. 

Two things to watch for.  First, look for stories regarding vested interests by security bureaucrats in the companies that manufacture whole body scanners.   Second, look for stories about excessive radiation exposure for those who use the scanners. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 05:09:52 PM »
Screw this.  I'm not flying.  And I'm writing my newly elected Congresscritter and carefully explaining that I'm not voting at the future, as well as encourage others to give their money and votes to someone else, if this agency is not decimated or completely eliminated.  It is more of a threat to the United States than any terrorist organization. 

I encourage others here to do the same. 

Someone once told me a good argument about the limitations of government was to ask someone the following question.  "Would it be acceptable for a government to sexually assault someone?"   Today, we are faced with that question.  It's not theoretical, or a "one off" incident.  Does the US government have the right to sexually assault hundreds of American citizens each and every day?

Done.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 07:41:57 PM »
Offer to "split the fuel cost" with a private pilot if he "just happens" to be flying in the general direction you want to go.  :angel:
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 08:23:50 PM »
I was wondering when the revolt would begin. 

Two things to watch for.  First, look for stories regarding vested interests by security bureaucrats in the companies that manufacture whole body scanners.   Second, look for stories about excessive radiation exposure for those who use the scanners. 

Remember, Senators, Congressmen, and the bureaucrats have exempted themselves from insider trading laws.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »
Remember that they are not satisfied with ruining air travel...the DHS wants to control EVERYTHING. Remember that they want to mount backscatter xray machines on trucks and look in your house...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 11:01:23 PM »
Meanwhile all the dangerous stuff is being loaded into the cargo bays of your aircraft by illegal aliens er, undocumented workers er..islamic fanatic tribalist despots family oriented people who have traveled thousands of miles on foot who only want to work jobs Americans don't want, with very little scrutiny.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 12:01:16 AM »
Remember, Senators, Congressmen, and the bureaucrats have exempted themselves from insider trading laws.

Remember that they are not satisfied with ruining air travel...the DHS wants to control EVERYTHING. Remember that they want to mount backscatter xray machines on trucks and look in your house...

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 12:48:57 AM »
I hope the Tea Party candidates that won office take a good look at the Patriot Act, DHS and the TSA in the next 2 years.

Amen.

Do I hear a Hallelujah from the congregation?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:25:36 AM by 230RN »

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 12:51:21 AM »
And when they do, I hope they won't like what they see.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 06:00:24 AM »
Meanwhile all the dangerous stuff is being loaded into the cargo bays of your aircraft by illegal aliens er, undocumented workers er..islamic fanatic tribalist despots gang-related individuals family oriented people who have traveled thousands of miles on foot who only want to work jobs Americans don't want, with very little scrutiny.

Missed one....

Wonder how the higher-level TSA types would react if some of their personal info (including peeping-tom pics) ended up spread out on the Internet?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 09:40:37 AM »
Missed one....

Wonder how the higher-level TSA types would react if some of their personal info (including peeping-tom pics) ended up spread out on the Internet?.....

Add Senators, congresscritters, and other high-ranking .gov officials, because sadly, that will likely be the only way they would step in. Until Nancy Pelosi gets the boob squeezing procedure mentioned in the video, this is for the good of Americans. Why do you hate it? Are you anti-American?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 10:11:29 AM »
Remember, Remember the 5th of November...

So, you wanna draw, hang, and quarter those responsible?  I'm in, as long as we give them the opportunity to jump from a height to break their neck before the festivities begin.

Or blow the whole deal to Hades?

Frankly, I consider them traitors (and worthy of a traitor's end) rather than myself a revolutionary.  No good reason to ruin such beautiful neoclassical architecture, as the foundations are worthy.  It is the white and black trash additions that are not up to code that must go.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
Frankly, I consider them traitors (and worthy of a traitor's end) rather than myself a revolutionary.  No good reason to ruin such beautiful neoclassical architecture, as the foundations are worthy.  It is the white and black trash additions that are not up to code that must go.

Bingo.  I've met extremely view people that want to overthrow America or whatnot.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, is pissed at the US government to varying degrees.

When we've gotten to the point that US government employees are allowed and required to commit sexual assault on a daily basis, the individuals doing so are the problem and a threat to their country.  Any person willing to do such things should never be allowed to be a government employee, nor be put in any position of trust.  Yet such individuals who voluntarily demonstrate that they are unworthy of trust are "trusted" with the security of our country? 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 10:44:43 AM »
Think they would let you fly if you wore Zed's outfit with flip flops?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 07:48:26 PM »
TSA is union, man!  Solidarity!!!  Stand against the commoner!!  Death to freedom!!  Long live the Cube!!!
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 10:41:41 AM »
"We spend my child's whole life telling him that only mom, dad and a doctor can touch you in your private area, and now we have to add TSA agent and that's just wrong," he told Reuters. "At some point the terrorists have won."

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AA55S20101111

The man's right. When we are so crippled by fear that we can excuse children being molested in front of their parents and being necessary the terrorists have won.

Seriously what happened to those sniffer machines that blew air on you to detect explosives. I went through one at LAX in '04 IIRC, and that was a breeze. Like a metal detector only you have to stand there for a couple of seconds longer and you get a nice cool blast of air that hits you for a second. They had them 6 years ago, why can't they bring those back in force, it would save our dignity and the TSA a lot of controversy.  Sometimes I seriously think that some folks in to gov just sit around all day and think "What can we get away with today?"

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 11:13:41 AM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AA55S20101111

The man's right. When we are so crippled by fear that we can excuse children being molested in front of their parents and being necessary the terrorists have won.

Seriously what happened to those sniffer machines that blew air on you to detect explosives. I went through one at LAX in '04 IIRC, and that was a breeze. Like a metal detector only you have to stand there for a couple of seconds longer and you get a nice cool blast of air that hits you for a second. They had them 6 years ago, why can't they bring those back in force, it would save our dignity and the TSA a lot of controversy.  Sometimes I seriously think that some folks in to gov just sit around all day and think "What can we get away with today?"

IIRC they were all pulled from service, since they found that the units were unreliable.

Ah yes here it is: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/05/21/Airport-bomb-detector-system-scrapped/UPI-32061242921540/

Again Security Theater Show for the public.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.