Author Topic: Another form letter?  (Read 2299 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Another form letter?
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »
Dear Mr. Falade,

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control legislation in light of the tragic shootings in Tucson, Arizona.  I appreciate your comments and having the benefit of your views.

The tragic events that took place in Tucson, Arizona on January 8th claimed the lives of 6 individuals and injured 13 others including my friend and colleague Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona. This senseless tragedy has touched all Americans and has once again raised concerns about the issue of gun control here in America.

Let me be clear, I am committed to protecting the Second Amendment rights of responsible, law-abiding gun owners. Throughout our nation's histories, gun ownership has been a tradition important to countless Americans who hunt or seek a means of personal protection. I have been proud to support the rights afforded all Americans by the Constitution of the United States while also working to hold accountable individuals that violate the law and abuse those rights. James Lee Loughner, the individual responsible for the tragedy in Arizona, must be held accountable for his action, but we must be careful that we do not indict all gun owners for Mr. Loughner's crimes. While we can all agree that the actions of Mr. Loughner are reprehensible, please be assured that I will work to support common sense measures that neither violate our Second Amendment rights nor endanger the public at large.

Again, thank you for sharing your views on this issue with me.  Should you have any additional comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.  For more information on my work in Congress, please visit my website at courtney.house.gov and sign up for my e-newsletter at courtney.house.gov/forms/emailsignup.  You can also connect with me at facebook.com/joecourtney or receive updates from twitter.com/connecticutjoe.

Sincerely,

JOE COURTNEY
                                                                  Member of Congress

Avoid cliches like the plague!