Author Topic: How hard can it be to be the ambassador to Luxemburg?  (Read 1796 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
How hard can it be to be the ambassador to Luxemburg?
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
Major Obama fundraiser quits the job before getting fired.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_donor_ambassador

She made it so stressful that staff were requesting transfers to the sandbox.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: How hard can it be to be the ambassador to Luxemburg?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:06:07 PM »
"Hey, you, I want another glass/bottle/case/truckoad of wine."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 01:37:12 PM »
Read her bio.  Her "career" is giving away the family fortune and basking in the glory of her beneficence.  Another "compassionate" capitalist scion.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 07:57:55 PM »
My guess: Even though ambassdorial duties in a little state like Luxemburg have got to be rather trivial, I'd say this appointee was too lazy to even go through the motions of doing her job - she probably expected everyone else to do her job for her, and when that didn't happen, she began berating her subordinates.

Drunk with power or her own self-importance, she went ahead and treated herself to all kinds of goodies without any attempt at discretion . . . and essentially flaunted her bad behavior.

The staff she alienated, rather than cover for a poltical hack they detested, simply let her behave that way until things caught up with her.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain