Author Topic: How about Wisconsin?  (Read 37320 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
How about Wisconsin?
« on: February 17, 2011, 03:15:07 PM »
I'm lovin' it.   =D

Anything that sticks it to the NEA, SEIU, AFL-CIO and other giant bloated unions is A-OK in my book.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/116381289.html

WI has a watershed Tea Party election this fall.  They vote to ACTUALLY CUT SPENDING on schools and such.  To ACTUALLY CUT WAGES to teachers by a reasonable amount, just like a business might do to avoid going under.

As such, the teachers abandon their duty to teach, call in "sick" and several thousand of them (and their brainwashed captive audiences) come to the Capitol to protest the Republican vote.

Then, the Dem senators abscond from the premises.  The po-po are looking for them right now and will drag them back to the Capitol to compel them to represent the People for a vote.  It's rumored that enough to block a quorum have fled the State, out of the state police jurisdiction.

I'm lovin' it.

If they stall this up some more, for another election cycle, I'm gonna love the next tally of Tea Party / non-Tea Party representation even more.

WI is evidence we're taking this country back.  We'll balance the several States independently, first, then we'll balance the FedGov.  It's just a matter of if we have enough credit to buy us the time.  Which I worry about. :'(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: How about Wisconsin?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »
They actually fled the state. It would be difficult for the WI State Patrol to go arrest them.

If they refused to leave IL or MN (money's on IL in the Chicago area...) and come back, they may actually have to have some kind of Extradition hearing in the other state.  :P

I know they pulled this stunt in Texas a few times, I don't know how it was resolved, just that it eventually was.  It won't be for running out of money to stay on the lam though, I'm sure all sorts of labor/liberal groups would be happy to front them money for hotels and meals as long as they needed.

Although only ONE Democrat needs to have his arse hauled back into the Capitol to force a quorum. So maybe one or more of them is still hiding out in WI and gets fingered by a friend/family/acquaintance who does not agree with them politically.
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »
The story says that Scott Fitzgerald remembers 1995 as the last time this happened. I remember an incident in the last decade where legislators (Dem's, IIRC) fled the state.

Thousands of state employees taking off work or simply playing hooky because the governor wants to "cut" some benefits. He wants them to pay 12% of their health care. Wow! The humanity!

I know countless people who've lost their jobs in the last few years, and many who've been unable to find new jobs. I now make what I was making in 1987, and make half of what I made in 1997. That's the way things go.

Walker has told the unions that there will have to be cuts in benefits, or there will be jobs cut. He did that as Milwaukee County executive, too. He offered the unions a furlough plan, where workers would take an unpaid day off each week. The alternative was to lay off workers. The union chose to have workers laid off (the ones with the least seniority, of course).

So much for brotherhood.

CSM Kersh

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 03:34:44 PM »

Obama called the Governor's actions an assault on unions.  Must have gotten the word from SEIU and his old "community organizer" handlers.
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 03:38:30 PM »
Obama called the Governor's actions an assault on unions.  Must have gotten the word from SEIU and his old "community organizer" handlers.

Assault the unions? Yep.

Pretty much why I voted for him.  =)
I promise not to duck.

CSM Kersh

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 03:41:16 PM »

Obama or the Governor?

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
My Web Page

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 03:48:46 PM »
    Obama or the Governor?

The Governor.  =)

Obama gave GM to the UAW.  =|
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »
Yep, they are hiding in Illinois.....

Hehehehhehe

Chickenshit bastages.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »
Drudge is reporting that the lost lawmakers are at a resort in Illinois. Most likely at the expense of the taxpayers. Wonder if the bus that took them was paid by Unions or the taxpayer.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 06:20:24 PM »
The democrats fled Texas several years ago to New Mexico.  The Republicans were doing redistricting after the census and the Democrats didn't like losing some of their power.  The Gov kept calling special sessions until they showed up. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

CSM Kersh

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »

And it worked too.  Another reason I like Gov Perry.  Add to that he has a CHL and carries. 
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
My Web Page

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 06:37:35 PM »
The democrats fled Texas several years ago to New Mexico.  The Republicans were doing redistricting after the census and the Democrats didn't like losing some of their power.  The Gov kept calling special sessions until they showed up.

That's what I was remembering. It wasn't WI, but Texas.

I wonder if there's a way to prevent the Democrats from ever returning to WI?

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 08:14:04 PM »
Wasn't it Regan who fired all the aircraft controllers?
I'm thinking thats what needs to happen to teachers that continue to skip work, causing schools to shut down. Imagine all the qualified unemployed people in other states who might be happy to move to WI and teach.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »
LOL-worthy.

Dick, can you identify either of them? I'm comparing them to the WI legislature site...

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/02/17/video-tea-party-activist-confronts-wisconsin-democrats-as-they-flee-illinois-resort/

I think it's Jim Hoplerin and Dave Hansen or Robert Jauch...  :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:28:12 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »
So schools are closed so that the teachers can whine. Who is doing the educating? Fire them all, hire new ones, not like we're short on liberal arts degrees.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »
It should get interesting here in Ohio.  We have a similar bill that has been introduced and as expected the unions are on in force against the bill.    [popcorn]
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 10:24:34 PM »
The second guy in the video looks like Bob Jauch. He's sure gained a lot of weight since 2002, when he told CCW supporters in the gallery to grow up after Chvala's tricks.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 10:28:41 PM »
Good, for a minute there, I was terrified Ted Kennedy had come back as a Zombie and was advising the WI Democratic Caucus...  [tinfoil]
I promise not to duck.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 12:41:13 AM »
The po-po are looking for them right now and will drag them back to the Capitol to compel them to represent the People
Is there a law that requires the State Reps to be present at all sessions?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 01:03:16 AM »
Is there a law that requires the State Reps to be present at all sessions?

Rules of the senate and the power vested in the Master At Arms. They don't enforce specific attendance, but can force a quorum.
I promise not to duck.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 09:48:45 AM »
I saw on TV that the unions in Wisconsin are revolting - I've known that for a long time.  ;)

Once they're back in session, they ought to pass a law that says absence of a legislator from a session for anything other than illness, emergency, or military service constitutes resignation from office, with the vacancy to be filled by gubernatorial appointment. 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 10:03:25 AM »
I saw on TV that the unions in Wisconsin are revolting - I've known that for a long time.  ;)

Once they're back in session, they ought to pass a law that says absence of a legislator from a session for anything other than illness, emergency, or military service constitutes resignation from office, with the vacancy to be filled by gubernatorial appointment. 

What they need to pass are laws that prevent public employees from participating in unions. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 10:12:32 AM »
After the revolution starts, can someone come and spread it to Illinois?

Please......
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:46:37 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 10:15:56 AM »
What they need to pass are laws that prevent public employees from participating in unions. 

Bingo!

http://althouse.blogspot.com/
Here is a protesting teacher & her sign

The fine example these teachers demonstrate for our children:
http://althouse.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-much-respect-did-demonstrators-show.html

Mash the link to see more of hte examples Wisconsin teachers demonstrate for Wisconsin gov't school children.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
Wisconsin teachers have their own health insurance company that's run by the union. They pay almost nothing into it, but are insured for life. They're paid $50K+ for 9 months work. They can retire after 30 years (my neighbor retired at 55).

More than half of the increases in appropriations for the Milwaukee school district goes to teacher benefits.

As for public employees being underpaid, well, that depends upon how the employee plays his cards. There's plenty of public employees who've done well for themselves. A couple of years ago the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did a story on public employees making six figures. A registred nurse at a county correctional facility was making over $200,000 with overtime. There's plenty of Milwaukee police officers making over $100k.

Milwaukee cops (firefighters, too, I think) get 95% of their last five years pay as pension after 25 years, 100% after 30 years, and 105% after 35 years. So, a cop could easily retire at 55 and make more than he made on the job.

I'm sure everyone here has heard my story about a friend who was a Milwaukee building inspector, got himself on disability in 1985 (how he's disabled, I don't know; he can do anything), and recently switched from disability to his pension. He hasn't worked in 25 years and he's getting a pension.

But ask these folks to pay 12.5% of their health insurance or half of their pension costs and it's the end of the world.

I wish Walker had the power to fire all of the teachers, as Reagan did with the air traffic controllers.