Author Topic: We are all Domestic Terrorists  (Read 10597 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
We are all Domestic Terrorists
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:03:51 AM »
http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/ridiculous-dhs-list-you-might-be-domestic-ter

You might be a terrorist if:

*   Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers)
        *   Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit)
        *   Survivalist literature (fictional books such as "Patriots" and "One Second After" are mentioned by name)
        *   Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies)
        *   Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items)
        *   Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)
        *   Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government
        *   Homeschooling
        *   Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties
        *   Belief in a New World Order conspiracy

Funny..  I don't feel very "terroristy"

HankB

• friend
Re: We are all Domestic Terrorists
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:16:03 AM »
I hope you need all 10 items to be considered a terrorist . . . I only "qualify" on 7.    ;)

(Why are Bible- based religious views a possible indicator of terrorist tendencies, but there's nothing about the Koran? Do we have dhimmis in DHS?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »
I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache . . . I'm a traditionalist.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 01:53:03 PM »
Well that's awkward! I'm in 6 or 7 criteria deep!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 02:24:11 PM »

Do we have dhimmis in DHS?

Nope.  Just dummies. =D

Also 7 deep here.  Evidently I need to grow a beard and practice my random screaming.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:29:47 PM »
Move along.  Move along. We all know that the popo are not becoming more militant, and they believe in freedoms listed on the above list. [popcorn]
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 07:11:01 PM »
Seven out of ten.

Hatred of mimes and clowns isn't on the list though. So that's one thing they can't profile me with.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »
I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache . . . I'm a traditionalist.

Beautiful.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »
*   Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers)
*   Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties
*   Belief in a New World Order conspiracy

Any more, I tend to be discreet.  And "nuanced".  I got tired of watching people's faces shut down when I talked politics.

Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit)

Is it a multiplier if I have all three?

Survivalist literature (fictional books such as "Patriots" and "One Second After" are mentioned by name)

Ngehh.  Not so much.

Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies)

Ammo, anyway.  And I'm a piker compared to many.

Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items)

No s**t, Sherlock.  Looked around lately?  Still counting on President Hope 'N Change?

Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)

"Let's play Pin the Tail on the Antichrist!"  And that's spelled "Revelations"   ;/

Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government

See above, under the first and fifth points.

Homeschooling

Naah.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 07:28:50 PM »
On the gun club membership issue: Are there a whole lot of places for shooting trap, skeet, or sporting clays that 1) are open to non-members 2) do not heavily incentive membership with lower fees per game? 

There are still quite a few public ranges where membership isn't an issue, but one can't really do the most gentlemanly, non-mil/police oriented, fuddy shooting sports without belonging to a gun club. 

No significance whatsoever in the distinction other than a slight twist of irony.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 07:49:48 PM »
*   Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers) Check.       
 *   Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit) Check.       
 *   Survivalist literature (fictional books such as "Patriots" and "One Second After" are mentioned by name)
 *   Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies) Check.       
 *   Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items) Duh..... happening as we speak.        
 *   Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)
 *   Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government Yup.       
 *   Homeschooling
 *   Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties Absolutely!       
 *   Belief in a New World Order conspiracy Still undecided.

The gives me six and a maybe. I would like to think that Homoland inSecurity would give me the benefit of the doubt to exercise my opinions and make me jump through all the hoops and actually commit a crime before classifying me as a domestic terrorist. Of course it sounds like they are gathering their criteria from that POS Morris Dees and his SPLC Cartel and anything more have to say about them would be a violation of the APS TOS.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 10:13:43 PM »
Dang, I'm coming in at 8 out of 10.
Wait a minute, is that a helicopter I hear out in the .....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 11:04:36 PM »
would like to think that Homoland inSecurity would give me the benefit of the doubt to exercise my opinions and make me jump through all the hoops and actually commit a crime before classifying me as a domestic terrorist

I'm sorry, you haven't met the TSA yet, have you, where a mere criticism gets them all riled up and going "Respect Mah Authoritah!"

The federal government is going to start really pressing "domestic terrorists" (aka, those hicks in flyover country who aren't enlightened enough to see how pure and good the federal government is). The foundation has been laid over the years, children have been indoctrinated in public school, the media has long harped about "right wing extremists"...and over the past couple of years DHS has really kicked stuff up a notch and Dem political leaders have been discussing this stuff more and more...including restricting free speech (especially the internet). This stuff should scare the *expletive deleted* out of you if you've got an IQ that's above room temp.

We are so f***ed.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 11:10:13 PM »
       *   Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers)

Uhm, I helped finance and support one of the only libertarian groups in Israel.  Heck I even had Gadsden Flags printed in Hebrew.  Is that worth bonus points?

*   Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit)

Check, check and check.  I also happen to own guns as well.  More bonus points?

*   Survivalist literature (fictional books such as "Patriots" and "One Second After" are mentioned by name)

*scratches head*   Again, does one quality for bonus points if you WRITE "survivalist literature"?  Half the board qualifies for being bloody FEATURED in one.

*   Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies)

...  Uh, sure?  Guess the terrorister list making folks never had to deal with New England snow storms.  When I was a kid, we got hit with a storm that shut down the entire state for about a month. 

*   Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items)

Is that terrorist list making folk speak for "has watched financial news within the past few years" ?   We're still in pretty bad economic conditions.  If you're on the thin edge of the wedge, I'm pretty sure it might feel like an economic collapse.  Not so much if you're a government employee and pretty much immune to recessions.

*   Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)

I find this inclusion to be offensive and discriminatory!  Non-Christians have an equal right to be considered terroristers or whatnot as well.   

*   Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government

Couldn't they just say "former government employees" ?

*   Homeschooling

You know what?  This one is too easy. 

*   Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties

Would that include anyone that swore to defend the Constitution?  Sweet, every military serviceperson and veteran is now a terrorizerister as well.

*   Belief in a New World Order conspiracy

k, that's the only one I agree with.  If you are dumb enough to believe in a coherent world wide conspiracy, you deserve to be on some blatantly illegal government watchlist.  Or you should only be allowed to buy products with safety labels removed, in hopes of adding some chlorine to the gene pool.  Such beliefs rest on two mythological concepts.  The myth of government competence, and the myth of believing more than two individuals can keep their mouth shut about anything much less world domination. 

They honestly could have saved a few bucks and changed the list to "anyone that dislikes DHS".   It's kinda obvious that "dislike of DHS" is the driving metric for the majority of those items, and probably many more on various other secret DHS watchlists.  The point will be to add EVERYONE to the list in some way.  The sad thing is, it's more about political empire building, cronyism and job protection than out and out oppression.  I'd RATHER have competent evil folks running DHS than what is currently the case, typical government office workers.  Folks ordering this kind of stupidity aren't being actively evil.  They're middle managers, who want to justify a higher head count and budget, so they can get a raise or promotion.  A very fair percentage of them couldn't make it even in corporate middle management politics, so they don't exactly have many other places to go.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 11:16:40 PM »
The sad thing is, it's more about political empire building, cronyism and job protection than out and out oppression.  I'd RATHER have competent evil folks running DHS than what is currently the case, typical government office workers.  Folks ordering this kind of stupidity aren't being actively evil.  They're middle managers, who want to justify a higher head count and budget, so they can get a raise or promotion.  A very fair percentage of them couldn't make it even in corporate middle management politics, so they don't exactly have many other places to go.

Trouble is even incompetent idiots can order for people to be investigated and arrested. We aren't too far at all from that...look what happened the guy that said "screw it, I'm not going to take the flight and I'm not getting groped" to the TSA...they made *expletive deleted* up on the spot to screw him over and make him respect their authoritah.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 09:39:37 AM »
{garbled transmission}  This is DHS, by replying to this thread we now know who is hiding in plain sight.  We will be watching you. {end transmission}

=D
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

P5 Guy

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 12:12:23 PM »
I have five and one half of the traits of a terrorist. [barf]

No kids so no homeschool, no religious affiliation, and I doubt the Bilderbergs/NWO are going to take over the world, again.
And I say the varmints in DC should be fearful of the people and not just afraid of not getting re-elected. [ar15]

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 12:30:51 PM »
Uhm, I helped finance and support one of the only libertarian groups in Israel.  Heck I even had Gadsden Flags printed in Hebrew.  Is that worth bonus points?
Yes, it is worth bonus points. Bonus points for being anti-American!  Top of The List for you, buddy!!  :police: [tinfoil]
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 12:48:11 PM »
the myth of believing more than two individuals can keep their mouth shut about anything much less world domination.
Then what's the recipe for Coca Cola?  :P

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 02:42:20 PM »
Looks like I am with the rest of the group here - The Magnificent Seven!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »
Since I'm not American, does that make me an International Terrorist? If so, I want...Cthulu, with Frickin Lasers attached to it's head tentacles! :laugh:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 04:20:50 PM »
Then what's the recipe for Coca Cola?  :P

Sugar or high fructose corn syrup, caramel color, caffeine, phosphoric acid, coca extract, kola nut extract, lime extract, vanilla, glycerin and additional flavor syrup (depending on type).  
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 04:22:12 PM »
Bunch of weaklings: 9/10 here, depending on what they mean by "survivalist literature" (I have a couple copies of my old boy scout handbook among other similar books) and if planning on homeschooling my little one will count.

Otherwise, I'm stuck at 7/10 like the rest of you slackers.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 04:23:49 PM »
Carbonated water, Sugar or high fructose corn syrup, caramel color, caffeine, phosphoric acid, coca extract, kola nut extract, lime extract, vanilla, glycerin and additional flavor syrup (depending on type). 

Fixed that for you.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 07:25:09 PM »
Otherwise, I'm stuck at 7/10 like the rest of you slackers.
Misery loves company.

I'll bet that the average American is 3~4. 2A folks tend to be a very informed lot.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen