Author Topic: The difficulty of buying a handgun in Chicago post-ban  (Read 1594 times)

timeout

The difficulty of buying a handgun in Chicago post-ban
« on: May 05, 2011, 01:25:21 PM »
The difficulty of buying a handgun, registering a handgun and owning a legal gun in Chicago. - http://www.timeoutchicago.com/arts-culture/14746201/sweating-bullets

PTK

• friends
Re: The difficulty of buying a handgun in Chicago post-ban
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 01:34:41 PM »
Your link doesn't work - here's a fixed link=)

Welcome to APS.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 02:14:54 PM »
I grew up in Chicago. When I lived there, I have reason to believe the usual method of buying a gun was:

1. Get Illinois FOID card.

2. Drive to suburb.

3. Buy gun.

Some people registered their rifles & shotguns . . . or at least a rifle or shotgun.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 04:07:58 PM »
I grew up in Chicago. When I lived there, I have reason to believe the usual method of buying a gun was:

2. Drive to suburb.

3. Buy gun.

But at least there was no crime in Chicago.

Did Mayor Bloomberg investigate this?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:53:17 AM »

2. Drive to suburb.

3. Buy gun.

Some people registered their rifles & shotguns . . . or at least a rifle or shotgun.

1. Mug enough people to get price of gun.

2. Select gun from trunk of car in alley.
[/quote]

Various parts of my youth were spent in south Chicago - Stoney Island Avenue (before they changed its name) to Trumbull Park.  J.H. Bowen HS.  We did it a bit differently there. :O

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 09:11:23 AM »
Timeout:

What you have here is a driveby cut and paste article.  No idea why we should discuss the article you've linked, as you've said very little about why you choose to post it here.  Considering it is your first post, it lends one to wonder if you're a spammer, just trying to drum up hits for the linked website.
Further drivebys won't be tolerated and your account would be deleted.  If you're up for it, please take the time to actually provide a thoughtful post.  Thanks.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »
The difficulty of buying a handgun, registering a handgun and owning a legal gun in Chicago. - http://www.timeoutchicago.com/arts-culture/14746201/sweating-bullets

More appropriately:

The EMOTIONAL difficulty that a hoplophobic society has with coming to terms with a need for arms.

Author's man card was barely legible and tinted pink.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 04:07:12 PM »
Since we're no longer discussing the story, closed.

Chris