Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Huldra Arms?  (Read 8911 times)

brimic

• friends
Anyone familiar with Huldra Arms?
« on: July 18, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »
An upper Midwest Tractor/Farm supply store (Fleet Farm) started selling these. Gas piston uppers in 5.45x39 or 5.56x45 and the preces seem really good. The in store prices that I've seen are the same as listed on the website:
http://www.huldraarms.com/uppers/category_c49edb98859a/
http://www.huldraarms.com/
I've always poo poo'd the piston uppers, but these seem like a good deal, are sold locally, and I happen to need a carbine upper....
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Anyone familiar with Huldra Arms?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 10:23:16 PM »
Web design reminds me of Vulcan Arms.

I miss Fleet Farm.  I liked 'em when I lived in Minnesota.  Like Home Depot, but with bawlz.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 10:51:55 PM »
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/huldraarms.com

Looks like a private label for Fleet Farm.  Check out the whois data.

ETA: According to a thread on ARF.COM Adams Arms is the manufacturer. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/457196_index.html
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:57:18 PM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 05:55:03 AM »
ETA: According to a thread on ARF.COM Adams Arms is the manufacturer. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/457196_index.html
Dang, typical arfcom thread, mention 2 words about the product in the subject line then turns into a deep philosophical discussion on what a Fudd is or isn't ;/

I'll have to dig deeper on Adams Arms, never heard of them.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 07:02:03 AM »
Dang, typical arfcom thread, mention 2 words about the product in the subject line then turns into a deep philosophical discussion on what a Fudd is or isn't ;/

I'll have to dig deeper on Adams Arms, never heard of them.

Adams Arms is good to go. I have one of their piston replacement kits, and a friend has two. They work well. AA is also the supplier for S&W, IIRC.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
Adams Arms is out of Palm Harbor, FL.  Their address is an industrial park just off the harbor.  The same address applies to a bunch of distributors and importers so it wouldn't surprise me if most of their parts were sourced from South America (a'la' Taurus).  See lots of good reviews on their piston kits.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 02:11:49 PM »
Adams Arms is out of Palm Harbor, FL.  Their address is an industrial park just off the harbor.  The same address applies to a bunch of distributors and importers so it wouldn't surprise me if most of their parts were sourced from South America (a'la' Taurus).  See lots of good reviews on their piston kits.

Brad

And convenient for GSA shipping to Guatemala. ;)
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 02:53:07 PM »

Brad

Palm Harbor is semi local to me, and I've met the guys that run Adams Arms at several gunshows around here.  They've always been cool, willing to talk and answer questions, and generally guys I wouldn't mind giving money to.  I've seen pictures of their machine shop and they say that the piston kits are made almost entirely in house.  They also sell a bunch of stuff at their tables that is obviously a resale of some kind.

I don't like piston AR's at all, but if I was going to run one, Adams would probably be the kit I would run.

FWIW the piston guns that SPikes Tactical puts out are Adams kits.