Author Topic: Woman Gropes TSA Agent  (Read 8958 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Woman Gropes TSA Agent
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 09:04:41 PM »
Ah, Buckleyist purging of the ranks at its finest.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 02:04:30 PM »
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/07/19/no-felony-charges-for-longmont-woman-in-tsa-groping-case/

No felony charges will be filed against the Colorado woman who allegedly sexually assaulted a Transportation Security Administration agent in Phoenix.
On Tuesday the Maricopa County district attorney decided to turn the case of Yukari Miyamae, 61, of Longmont over to city prosecutors. She could still be charged with a misdemeanor.

She will not be put on the sex offender registry.  She probably will not get jail time for a first offense, even though it was a "violent" one.

The downside is she does not get a jury trial, thus no chance for nullification as a "message" to TSA and their handlers.  I'm pretty much willing to bet the paycheck that no judge would deliver that verdict.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »
She will not be put on the sex offender registry.  She probably will not get jail time for a first offense, even though it was a "violent" one.

The downside is she does not get a jury trial, thus no chance for nullification as a "message" to TSA and their handlers.  I'm pretty much willing to bet the paycheck that no judge would deliver that verdict.

Then again....doesn't she get to appeal?....that alone should keep the story going and embarass the prosecution....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 05:41:54 PM »
Well, yeah, she could appeal and take a chance on nullification, but does Sociable Security cover the expense?

As much as I lol'd I'm not chipping in for her lawyer costs.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 11:46:39 PM »
I wonder if she has been added to the No-Fly list?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 07:33:28 AM »
I wonder if she has been added to the No-Fly list?

It wouldn't surprise me.  She'll find out the next time she flies.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 08:19:05 AM »
Then again....doesn't she get to appeal?....that alone should keep the story going and embarass the prosecution....
Appeal what? According to the story, no felony charges have been filed, the case has been turned over to the city, which may or may not institute a misdemeanor charge; considering the publicity, unless there's a LOT of behind-the-scenes arm twisting, my guess is that the locals won't be too eager to get embroiled in a case involving TSA that the Feds aren't going to pursue. Besides, even though IANAL, it's my understanding that appeals take place after conviction at trial; no trial, no conviction, no appeal.

Well, yeah, she could appeal and take a chance on nullification, but does Sociable Security cover the expense?
Lead story said she was only 61 and self-employed, so SS wouldn't seem to be a factor unless she's getting disability payments or something. And I suspect there would be any number of lawyers willing to take her case, just for the publicity.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 09:23:23 AM »
Lead story said she was only 61 and self-employed, so SS wouldn't seem to be a factor unless she's getting disability payments or something. And I suspect there would be any number of lawyers willing to take her case, just for the publicity.

Heck, if she was charged, I'd donate a couple hundred bucks for her defense fund.  MicroBalrog once asked me why I spent a fair amount out of pocket to help out his fledgling Israeli libertarian group and have Israeli Gadsden flags made up.  I'm an American.  It's kinda my sacred duty to support anyone that pokes the stormtroopers and/or hippies of the world in the eye.  This is a bit more literal than intended, but should be commended and supported.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 10:05:54 AM »
It's kinda my sacred duty to support anyone that pokes the stormtroopers and/or hippies of the world in the eye.
If we could just get the hippies and the stormtroopers at each others throats.  They might do like the gingham dog and the calico cat...  (literary reference.  Sorry.)
"It's good, though..."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 04:27:31 PM »
If we could just get the hippies and the stormtroopers at each others throats.  They might do like the gingham dog and the calico cat...  (literary reference.  Sorry.)

There's two types of hippies.  The stoner kind that are too busy having "deep" conversations and living in a drug induced coma.  They are too disorganized to be coherent, let alone impact anything.  Look at the stoner attempts at Legalization.  Then there is the kind that lives to control all of those around them to create an unrealistic "utopian" hell because they enjoy controlling others and believe they have the moral high ground. 

"Nothing worse than a monster who thinks he's right with God." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Stormtroopers and the second type of hippy are natural allies.  Ends justify the means.  To make an omelet, you have to break a few eggs.  Etc.  Stormtroopers are fairly honest in their intentions.  They like power, structure and order.  They generally don't care about the doctrine, other to pay it lipservice.  Type 2 hippies are zealots.  They believe in their dogma and doctrine in a manner no different than any religious fanatic found throughout history.  Logic, reason, compassion have no place in their belief structures. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »
We would be oppressed by and suffer indignities from folks willing to be honest about "might makes right" rather than hide behind and leach dignity from the rule of law?

Sobran was a terrific columnist. 

He made the mistake of questioning America's near-unquestioning support of Israel and was made pariah by Israel's "Amen" chorus in the USA. 

His disaffection from American conservatism parallels mine, though I ended up with a grimmer position  than his.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 09:12:32 PM »
Heck, if she was charged, I'd donate a couple hundred bucks for her defense fund.  MicroBalrog once asked me why I spent a fair amount out of pocket to help out his fledgling Israeli libertarian group and have Israeli Gadsden flags made up.  I'm an American.  It's kinda my sacred duty to support anyone that pokes the stormtroopers and/or hippies of the world in the eye.  This is a bit more literal than intended, but should be commended and supported.

I think this kinda of captures your sentiment....

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.