Author Topic: APS Emoticons  (Read 7711 times)

MaterDei

• friend
APS Emoticons
« on: March 04, 2005, 09:50:53 AM »
How am I supposed to fully express my opinions without the :barf: and :headbang: emoticons?  This is just WRONG!!!  Sad

Nightfall

• friend
APS Emoticons
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 10:04:16 AM »
I think it would be cool if THR, er, APS members got to submit user created smilies to really make this here forum unique. I'm just looking for an excuse to draw smilies with guns I guess. Cheesy
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
APS Emoticons
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 10:15:12 AM »
I really wanna have that popcorn eating smilie, for when ya just wanna kick back and watch a thread go to hell....  Cheesy
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

client32

• friend
APS Emoticons
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 10:20:05 AM »
I really wanna have that popcorn eating smilie, for when ya just wanna kick back and watch a thread go to hell....

I'll second that. :twisted:
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

Myself

• friend
APS Emoticons
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 10:31:26 AM »
I was always fond of the thumbs in the ears and the toung out guy.

Cheesy

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
APS Emoticons
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 12:14:43 PM »
One thing I never liked about THR is the plethora of angry smilies and the dearth of happy smilies.  I use a Laugh out Loud smilie a lot more than the haed banging one.  Maybe it's just my outlook on life.

Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

APS Emoticons
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 01:29:03 PM »
The  way I see it ... since I have so much say so...Bwhahahaha

Beer Smilie.

Neener

I wanna Shotgun smilie. Oh since I am being selfish and all...

Whip Cream smilie...Now I was thinking of Whip Cream to "Top Off" a good thread, post or reply. For use when wanting to razz someone, hey we might even get  a Strawberry Smilie someday  that needs a topping.

Now if folks  uses the Whip Cream Smilie for something else....< insert stick out tongue smilie here>

Michigander

• friend
APS Emoticons
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 01:52:49 PM »
Guess we'll all have to become more elaborate in expressing our thoughts and emotions with words!

Drats!
What if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?

Taurus

APS Emoticons
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 07:04:25 PM »
Here's one source for some import emoticons:

http://e.domaindlx.com/emotemakerofficial/Pages/about.htm

Then again, Oleg or Tyme could maybe export some of THR smileys to here ... but that's a big maybe.

This one's at THR too. :mrgreen:
J. D. White

TimH

APS Emoticons
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 10:03:16 AM »
How do you make you own smiles/emoticons? Is it hard to do?

P95Carry

APS Emoticons
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 11:31:42 AM »
Tim - you'll need some sorta GIF animator package - and you just create small GIF frames and put them together in a sequence.  After that they may need ''optimizing'' which reduces file size by pitching redundent pixels etc.

I sometimes cheat and take an existing one and alter it. This was one I ''assembled'' from a coupla others with odd changes.

I am a member over on http://www.combatcarry.com/ ......... and boy - they have a boatload!!!

Another I made ........

And then one or two others that are fun too - I have stacks of these darned things!

Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

Nightfall

• friend
APS Emoticons
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 11:48:22 AM »
Funny stuff, P95. Didn't realize we had so much smilie talent on board! Cheesy My vote for user created smilies stands...  Smiley
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Nightfall

• friend
APS Emoticons
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005, 12:13:55 PM »
TimH, there is a link to a free GIF animator in this old thread from the THR Roundtable: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=108959 (not to mention the first smilies I created with it Cheesy)

TarpleyG

• friend
APS Emoticons
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 09:26:11 AM »
Here ya go.  Smilies to your heart's content.  They even have gun-related smilies.

http://www.mysmilies.com