Author Topic: Stupid Forum Software Question  (Read 13393 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Stupid Forum Software Question
« on: March 04, 2005, 06:22:31 AM »
I've not used this particular forum software before. Is there a place to learn tips/tricks/? For instance, I haven't found a way to "go to newest post" in a thread like on VBB.

I don't know if it behooves us to have a "Technical Tips and Questions" area here like there is on THR. And I hate to even bring it up, because I'm just happy there's a roundtable again and don't want to cause more work for the admins than necessary. Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 06:24:44 AM »
Yeah, I'd like to figure out how to list more than 10 posts in a page too.  I'll keep diggin'!

-James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 07:59:14 AM »
From the forum index page, look in the upper right and click on "View posts since last visit."
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 09:46:09 AM »
Actually the "posts since last visit" isn't the one I was looking for. I'm trying to find the one that, after you're in a thread that has new posts, lets you go to the first new post in that individual thread. I like that feature for when a thread gets to be multiple pages long.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

client32

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 10:01:45 AM »
You might go look at www.phpbb.com.

They have some documentation, though I don't know if they will have what you are looking for.

edit to add more specific link:

http://www.phpbb.com/support/guide/#section4
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

spinr

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 02:14:04 PM »
If you click on the little icon with the arrow pointing to it, just before the title of the thread, it'll take you to the most recent post in the thread.

...that what you were referring too?

Smiley

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 03:12:48 PM »
That's it! Muchas Gracias Spin. Smiley