Author Topic: Mom is great role model  (Read 1007 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Mom is great role model
« on: September 14, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Mom-Fights-Girl-Long-Island-William-Floyd-Elementary-129755673.html

A Long Island mom has been arrested and charged with allegedly encouraging two 12-year-old girls to duke it out during a dispute outside an elementary school -- and then participating in the fight herself.

Melin said her daughter was the victim of cyber-bullying and that she was getting no help from the school, so she took the matter into her own hands.

Kids - they are our future, no matter how they are raised.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Mom is great role model
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »
I dunno....I've told my boy if he's bullied or sees bullying and isn't getting any help, he's got two fists....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »
Yeah, but that's different than you slapping the bejeebers out of said bully....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 01:33:10 PM »
Yeah, but that's different than you slapping the bejeebers out of said bully....

Depends on how badly said bully is treating my child.  Parents might need the slapping first, but the kid might get one for good measure.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »
I dunno....I've told my boy if he's bullied or sees bullying and isn't getting any help, he's got two fists....
Absolutely!

In fact my son (3rd grade) advised me today that the class bully put hands on him today.
He told me that he hit him 3 times, and put him on the ground, which is exactly what we have discussed.
Ironically it is a Catholic school with a non-engaged principal.
I advised the principal last year that I advised both kids to defend themselves if hands are put on them.
Exact words to principal " I am raising good Catholic children, but I am not raising pacifists. Do you understand?"
He did.

In the article here, the Mom assisted her daughter by attacking a 12 y/o. Not bright, nor legal.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 06:23:48 PM »
I've seen 12 year old girls bigger than I am.  Ive seen teenagers i'd rather shoot than fist fight.  Not saying the mom was right, just food for thought that sometimes age is just a number used to garner sympathy for the "victim"....
JD

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »
I don't remember 12 y/o girls when I was 12 who look like some of them today.....