Author Topic: Drunk cop crashes into school bus, 7 other cops cover it up  (Read 1459 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Drunk cop crashes into school bus, 7 other cops cover it up
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:02:10 PM »
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/HPD-disciplines-7-officers-for-conduct-in-wreck-2179964.php

And in a shocking move the drunk gets fired and the seven are written up. Because if I had twice the legal BAC (note this was on his way in to work). and rammed a schoolbus my only punishment would be losing my job, right?

This is the sort of thing that turns communities against the police force. The perception that this type if "thin blue line" cover up is common erodes trust and engenders an us vs them mentality. I'm glad they didn't get away with covering it up, but how about some criminal charges for the drunk if for no one else? for the drunk if for no one else?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Re: Drunk cop crashes into school bus, 7 other cops cover it up
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
This is the sort of thing that turns communities against the police force. The perception that this type if "thin blue line" cover up is common erodes trust and engenders an us vs them mentality.

Exactly!

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 01:25:19 PM »
Blankinship criticized the punishments, saying McClelland was "overreacting" and "heavy-handed," insisting that none of the officers had done anything wrong.
Nice to see that the police union lawyer is devoid of any sense of what is right as long as he is paid.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:03:16 PM »
my only punishment would be losing my job, right?

what else could your boss do to you?

do you imagine, and i stress imagine. he escaped other punishment?
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Houston-cop-injured-in-crash-with-school-bus--120663224.html

so to recap guy was drunk had an accident was fired and prosecuted
some of his buds tried to cover for him and they were also caught and punished including a high ranking guy fired

and we are outraged because?  i mean this could never have happened 2 guys fired others gigged  the thin blue line never lets that happen
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 02:36:28 PM »
I'm more disgusted with the District Attorney's office for not pursuing obstruction charges on the other 7 officers....  :mad:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 02:36:45 PM »
some of his buds tried to cover for him

Aw shucks.  Just fun 'n' games.  Boys will be boys.  Nothing worth noting here.

Them pals o' puppy killers didn't do nothing.
No no-knock knock downs.
And what's a few wine bottles in your truck on the way to work got to do with anything?  Certainly no connection to the >.205 BAC.

I just can't see what there is to get people all upset.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 03:44:25 PM »
Aw shucks.  Just fun 'n' games.  Boys will be boys.  Nothing worth noting here.

Them pals o' puppy killers didn't do nothing.
No no-knock knock downs.
And what's a few wine bottles in your truck on the way to work with a loaded handgun on your belt got to do with anything?  Certainly no connection to the >.205 BAC.

I just can't see what there is to get people all upset.

DD

FTFY  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 05:02:49 PM »
shucks he was charged with dui   how could that be?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
I am shocked and surprised that this did not happen in Indianapolis.  I was under the impression that they had the franchise on drunk cops driving around on and off duty.

Regardless, I am pleased to note that both trhe drunk-driving cop and those trying to cover up for him have been disciplined.  It does open the door for the city to lose its qualified/soverign immunity protection.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.