Author Topic: man survives desert badlands & broken leg without drinking his own urine!  (Read 1193 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
 :laugh: Bear Grllys reportedly upset

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CANYON_CRAWLER?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-09-25-16-02-12

Inspired by that movie where the guy cuts off his arm, this guy went hiking in the same area, broke his leg and crawled out. The article doesn't say if he notified anyone where he was going or due back.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: man survives desert badlands & broken leg without drinking his own urine!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »
ooops my bad
In 2003, climber Aron Ralston hiked into the same canyon also without telling anyone his plans.

I guess the article does imply our non urine drinking hero failed to notify people where he was going
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 10:47:24 PM »
Inspired by that movie where the guy cuts off his arm, this guy went hiking in the same area

I don't know about you, but I don't have a sudden desire to rush out and visit an area just because somebody else gets *expletive deleted*ed up for life (or killed) out there. That'd be like being "inspired" to go hiking by those idiot hikers (if that's what they really were) in Iraq on the Iran border who were captured.

I guess the article does imply our non urine drinking hero failed to notify people where he was going

I need to rant on this at a later time. *expletive deleted*ing retarded people...you don't go out in the outdoors without telling people where you are going. I can't tell you HOW many incidents we've had where I work with people who always fail to inform somebody else where they are going. If you register before going into the woods, we'll launch a SAR mission for you as soon as we can get it organized even in the dark. If you don't register, you'll be sitting in the woods a lot longer...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:35:26 AM »
I need to rant on this at a later time. *expletive deleted*ing retarded people...

you'd be impressed with the highly educated guy(as opposed to smart). who went to do a vertical cave solo. it was about 190 feet deep and he had a 200 foot rope .

he also didn't tell anyone.

he tied off  to a tree and rappelled down
not very experienced but he tied a nice stopper knot in the end of his rope
his feet touched bottom as he came up on the knot.
he released himself from his harness and the rope sprnang back to its normal length.  which left harness and rope about 5 foot above his reach.
he spent 3 days before being found
guy was a surgeon
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:44:42 AM »
I don't know about you, but I don't have a sudden desire to rush out and visit an area just because somebody else gets *expletive deleted*ed up for life (or killed) out there.

Hey now, guy got a book deal out of it.  =D
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 10:02:39 AM »
guy was a surgeon
I'm going to assume he was a general surgeon and not a brain surgeon.  ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 10:32:41 AM »
you'd be impressed with the highly educated guy(as opposed to smart). who went to do a vertical cave solo. it was about 190 feet deep and he had a 200 foot rope .

Yeah, I snorted up beverage at that one.  I'll need the Nielmed sinus hoser later.

Pro tip: you wanna see a goodly bit of your rope laying slack on the bottom  of wherever you might be rappelling/tree climbing, if you are doing it without a safety.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »
Pro tip: you wanna see a goodly bit of your rope laying slack on the bottom  of wherever you might be rappelling/tree climbing, if you are doing it without a safety.

Just not all of it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 02:55:19 PM »
Especially if your at the bottom too.
Avoid cliches like the plague!