Author Topic: Walking dead season 2 tonight  (Read 71597 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Walking dead season 2 tonight
« on: October 16, 2011, 06:54:42 PM »
Walking dead season 2 premiers tonight at 9pm est.

I'm currently watching reruns form last year.
Here is an observation from the current episode.

They are on this mystical journey to get a bag of guns. Ok so there are 350 million known guns in the US, there are 307 million people. If most are now zombies (zombies don't use guns) there would be a *expletive deleted*it load of guns lying around. No need to go looking for the bag they had. Plus they are in Georgia, were 40 percent of all people have at least one. So in theory there are more guns lying around than dead people. There are 15 major military bases in Georgia, I thing the pickings would be better there.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Re: Walking dead season 2 tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 07:09:21 PM »
I'm guessing you'd find tons of guns laying around, but a severe shortage of ammo.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »
 =D  My DVD recorder is programmed, primed and ready! ! ! ! ! ! [popcorn] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 07:23:34 PM »
I'm guessing you'd find tons of guns laying around, but a severe shortage of ammo.

I would take a run to fort benning. Connect me if I'm wrong (doesn't happen much ;/) that is the major training for the army. There most likely would be lots of ammo there. Considering the sheer quantities of it they use for training. Plus mostly small caliber. A dump truck load of 155 ap won't do you any good when the Abrams burns more fuel than you could supply.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »
I would take a run to fort benning. Connect me if I'm wrong (doesn't happen much ;/) that is the major training for the army. There most likely would be lots of ammo there. Considering the sheer quantities of it they use for training. Plus mostly small caliber. A dump truck load of 155 ap won't do you any good when the Abrams burns more fuel than you could supply.

Have to find the keys to the bunkers and all also.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 07:36:55 PM »
I almost forgot. Glad I spotted the rerun marathon and checked here.

Re: weapon availability. We here know the reality, but a) it's a drama, and the dearth of firepower helps heighten the suspense, and b) much of the audience is likely clueless, so it's a non-issue for the writers.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
Have to find the keys to the bunkers and all also.
With plenty of time and no guards, one can break into ANY bunker . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 08:29:34 PM »
Oh, yeah, the DVR is ready!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 09:15:42 PM »

All you have to do is find the right zombie guard that still has his keys.  =D Of course that is if the base is still unoccupied and not overrun with zombies.

They are on this mystical journey to get a bag of guns. Ok so there are 350 million known guns in the US, there are 307 million people

I doubt there are just guns neatly piled just waiting for a survivor to come along. You want them to go searching through every single house? Might not be a bad idea to do a hit and run on houses at random, could find all sorts of goodies. Also there actually were guns lying around due to the dead soldiers, not to mention their gear! Of course no one ever thinks to go back and get them,  :facepalm:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 10:30:56 PM »
Re-watching the Season One marathon.

Do tanks have keys?

Doesn't the main gun have an override physical trigger?

If I can't start it by gumption I WILL be trying to fire a 105mm round.  If only for the lulz.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 11:29:46 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 11:49:30 PM »
Do tanks have keys?

All the military vehicle i've i seen have had chains and padlocks around the steering wheel or padlocks on the doors.

So all you need is good set of bolt-cutters !

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 11:51:02 PM »
All the military vehicle i've i seen have had chains and padlocks around the steering wheel or padlocks on the doors.

So all you need is good set of bolt-cutters !

I meant the one he crawled into in Atlanta, presumably operating until the crew died.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 01:24:19 AM »
it was awesome!! I have been watching last season every once in a while because its still in the DVR, sure they make mistakes that we zombie killin pro's wouldn't but the writers don't hunt/fish/shoot for fun or hang out on forums where right wing extremist talk about the joys of a new trigger on their 1911
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 05:55:53 AM »
Noticed that the two cops took charge and decided nobody but THEY ought to have guns, lest someone pop off a shot and draw a herd of zombies . . . and the rest went along with them.  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 07:45:28 AM »
I will claim some ignorance here, what network?  With the past couple of years preparing for and being on a deployment haven't had much time to keep up with my regular shows much less "new" ones I hadn't heard of.  Sounds like I need to find season one and watch it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »
Noticed that the two cops took charge and decided nobody but THEY ought to have guns, lest someone pop off a shot and draw a herd of zombies . . . and the rest went along with them.  :facepalm:

That part made me sad, but if you notice later, the cop did it to back up the old guy, who put forth the idea in order to keep the blonde girl from offing herself.  Just after that scene, the cop asked the old guy what was up. 

I'm not entirely sure if the cop was taking advantage of an opportunity or trying to put a "logical" spin behind the old man's concerns in order to keep people from flipping out. 

To be honest, a crossbow bolt to the head seems to work about as well as a gunshot and is much quieter.  That might be a better choice for many situations.  Save the firearms for extreme CQB and extreme long shots, use crossbows for the midrange stuff.

Chris

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 08:11:34 AM »
Winnebagos make shitty zombie-apocolypse-escape vehicles.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 09:09:55 AM »
I keep thinking...

My kingdom for a suppressed Ruger 10/22 and a shitload of Hotlips magazines.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 11:03:14 AM »
I'm pulling for the hillbilly with the archery equipment.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 11:13:32 AM »
I'm pulling for the hillbilly with the archery equipment.

Same here.  They started him out as a bad guy, but he's turning out to be about the only person with any sense and a lack of ulterior motives.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »
Face it, Chris.

You're pulling for the hillbilly because, well, if the world goes to *expletive deleted*it, you will be the hillbilly with archery equipment.  :lol:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »
Noticed that the two cops took charge and decided nobody but THEY ought to have guns, lest someone pop off a shot and draw a herd of zombies . . . and the rest went along with them.  :facepalm:

You have a problem with that?  It wasn't done for political gun control reasons, it was done to insure everyone's survival.  Someone with no firearms experience popping off wild, uncontrolled shots at zombies could be a seriously bad thing in their situation.  They would only attract more zombies, plus endanger everyone else nearby with their lack of control of the firearm.
If you recall, the deputy mentioned getting the rest of the group properly trained so they could all carry.
Plus, Dale had valid concerns about the blonde.  She is seriously wacked from the loss of her sister, already having tried suicide at the CDC.  The deputy picked up on that, and I suspect it was the driving factor in his decision.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
Face it, Chris.

You're pulling for the hillbilly because, well, if the world goes to *expletive deleted*, you will be the hillbilly with archery equipment.  :lol:

I don't currently own any archery equipment. :P

Chris

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »

If it's not a blast door, and just a steel security door with a shrouded lock (like many I've seen for small-arms rooms) then just ratclaw it. Oh yeah, and screw the Abrahms, I'll take the Stryker, or up-armored 5-ton/HEMTT. Less fuel and much easier to change a tire than a track. :P

I meant the one he crawled into in Atlanta, presumably operating until the crew died.

Moot point, as I understand it the driver's compartment is isolated from the rest of the tank. You have to crawl in a small hatch in front of the turret. Hell, the driver was probably still locked in there.