Author Topic: Walking dead season 2 tonight  (Read 71606 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Walking dead season 2 tonight
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »
T- 48 minutes till episode 2.

This has been a public service announcement, nothing to see move along.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »
When oh when will they develop nail on end of stick technology?
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2011, 10:38:25 PM »
That one was pretty sucky.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
A few months-mods

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2011, 11:44:45 PM »
Looks like next week will be quite good.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2011, 09:13:59 AM »
"UP" is the only way to go from this week's episode . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2011, 09:16:52 AM »
"UP" is the only way to go from this week's episode . . .

I think the whole point of this episode was a build up.  Tension over the children, sick guy, missing guy surrounded by zombie hoarde. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 10:26:57 AM »
Somebody needed to slap the mother for doctor shopping during a zombie apocalypse.

The son is not too popular on the IMDB message boards. There's several "hope he dies" threads. One of the funnier comments was something like, " I hope if he gets better that he walks in front of another deer, or maybe a gorilla".  :laugh:

The farm was a cool setup. The house didn't look very secure, but with a secure house, that's the kind of place I'd look to lay low during the ZA.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2011, 10:41:21 AM »
zombies stay where they have a target stimulus

who is living in the school and how pissed are they about the new portal?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2011, 11:20:24 AM »
You have a problem with that?  It wasn't done for political gun control reasons, it was done to insure everyone's survival.  Someone with no firearms experience popping off wild, uncontrolled shots at zombies could be a seriously bad thing in their situation.  They would only attract more zombies, plus endanger everyone else nearby with their lack of control of the firearm.

When I watched this show and was discussing it with 2swap, it went about like this:

me: "If we are ever in the midst of a zombie apocalypse and the team leader tells me to disarm myself..."

2swap: "You shoot him and say the zombies got him?"

me: "Exactly."
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2011, 12:01:57 PM »
zombies stay where they have a target stimulus

who is living in the school and how pissed are they about the new portal?

I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't draw the zombies a little further from the trailer.  A small bon fire with some noise in it a hundred yards away, anyone? Blow up a car? Something!
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2011, 12:19:10 PM »
"When oh when will they develop nail on end of stick technology?"

Probably a long time after they figure out that a .22 rifle tends to be a LOT quieter than a shotgun or a high powered rifle...

And with a tiny bit of modification, very, very quiet.

And I want to know why the hell they still haven't figured out how to cleanse the zombie hoards with fire.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 12:27:51 PM »
My first thought on seeing the flares arcing in the air was: "OK, how will they get out?"
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »
And I want to know why the hell they still haven't figured out how to cleanse the zombie hoards with fire.

Oooh, you are right.  Don't even bother with the nail, just light the end of the stick on fire!  Will probably be a lot easier as the mostly dried out zombies will become torches, lighting the other zombies on fire as you scamper off to get marshmellows.  Parking lot seems a safe place for a zombie fire to me. :laugh:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2011, 12:38:53 PM »
"When oh when will they develop nail on end of stick technology?"

Probably a long time after they figure out that a .22 rifle tends to be a LOT quieter than a shotgun or a high powered rifle...

And with a tiny bit of modification, very, very quiet.

Douse ground with some kind of fuel.  Attract zombies.  Ignite.  Profit????

JD

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
Bruce Campbell needs a cameo

Bruce knows deadites
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2011, 01:09:43 PM »
The show is a bit too straight, but that could be neat.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2011, 10:03:10 PM »
The farm house appeared to have no fortification. There were zombies walking around very close.
I will say the house seemed to have a good vantage point for seeing whats going on.... But They can see you and they don't glow in the dark (do they) you could have them right next to you in the dark.
When he was opening the car door at the medical center I thought he was either going to drive the car a draw them away, mow them down, or turn on the siren. Not what I expected.
Any police here? Don't you usually carry 30-45 min flares? Not the 5 minute ones used in the show.
A few months-mods

erictank

• friends
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2011, 02:45:02 AM »
The farm house appeared to have no fortification. There were zombies walking around very close.
I will say the house seemed to have a good vantage point for seeing whats going on.... But They can see you and they don't glow in the dark (do they) you could have them right next to you in the dark.
When he was opening the car door at the medical center I thought he was either going to drive the car a draw them away, mow them down, or turn on the siren. Not what I expected.
Any police here? Don't you usually carry 30-45 min flares? Not the 5 minute ones used in the show.

The ones they used a few weeks ago at my crash scene were about 30 minute jobs.  But yeah, they seriously needed a FAR better diversion than that - how did they EVER think that was going to be enough to get them in and out safely? :facepalm:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
Found some info on TWD:

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/kschlichter/2011/10/19/is-the-walking-dead-terminal-yes-because-its-stupid/

Lots of good quotes can be snipped from the above link - here's a sample:

. . .  the characters act like such utter idiots that it actually suspends the suspension of disbelief

Do they take light, four-wheel drive vehicles of the type that are all over the place in Georgia? No – instead of taking vehicles with mobility and fuel economy, they take a Winnebago with a track record of breaking down. Why? Who knows.

Also found another website that mentioned that the network cut the budget, ("Ratings don't matter"), ordered more episodes on the reduced budget, fired the original writer, and wanted 50% of the scenes shot indoors because it was cheaper. Network suit also indicated it would be OK (and cheaper) if they could only hear the zombies, not see them, in some scenes.

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-frank-darabont-amc-aco-127783/

:facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2011, 09:25:34 AM »
still out shining anything from reality TV network programing land

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2011, 10:18:55 AM »

This.

JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2011, 10:29:50 AM »

Even that gold mining show on Discovery?

"It's the glory hole!!!"  =D

http://www.hulu.com/watch/214989/the-soup-glory-hole-glory
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
Just announced it's been renewed for a third season.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2011, 08:32:44 PM »

I thought he should have gotten into one of those humvees and mowed them down. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2011, 05:50:55 PM »
I really liked deputy bad guy shooting Otis in the knee, the whole my poor baby thing with the kid that got shot was getting boring.

I think he decided he could get to look like a hero by bringing the supplies back and get back in the good graces of Mrs deputy good guy.

Plus-he will get to shoot deputy good guy & keep the Mrs as the prize.

The big problem is gonna be when Merle comes back and reveals that he was a witness to the whole thing
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."