Author Topic: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!  (Read 36603 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:30:41 AM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67194.html

During Herman Cain’s tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

Seems that the 2 anonymous (for now)women received 5 figure payments, and signed non-disclosure agreements.

The Cain campaign will be imploding shortly, I am sure.

Of course, there will be the requisite denials from the candidate until real the truth begins to surface.

Bye, Bye, Baby!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 09:32:46 AM »
Not like he diddled an intern in the Oval Office with a cigar. [popcorn]
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 10:42:14 AM »
http://news.investors.com/Article.aspx?id=589879&p=2
Ironically, part of Cain's powerful appeal this year is that he is a businessman, not a professional politician. Had he been a professional politician not named Obama or Bush, he likely would have seen this problem coming long ago.
If this were Obama, it would already have been white washed.

IMO, it all depends on what exactly happened.  5 figure payments sounds to me like shut up and go away money, not serious claim money.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:51:08 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »
Nonspecific accusations dating back a decade or more from anonymous people are SO credible we HAVE to dump the person they're leveled against . . . if he's a Republican.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 11:00:09 AM »
Nonspecific accusations dating back a decade or more from anonymous people are SO credible we HAVE to dump the person they're leveled against . . . if he's a Republican.

Of course! It's the seriousness of the charge, not the nature of the evidence!

It's too important to wait for things like FACTS!

Wait, is this a Republicans are women-haters or a global warming thread? Eh, not like it matters.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »
Ah, it is a media creation plot, and because he is a Republican he must be innocent?

Silly me.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 11:08:25 AM »
No it's because the exact same tactic was tried to discredit Clarence Thomas. Now Bill Clinton was smart enough to stick with people that discredited themselves and John Edwards had a free media pass until the baby turned up and he ditched his dying wife. No double standard here, nope!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
Ah, it is a media creation plot, and because he is a Republican he must be innocent?

Silly me.....

No, he may be guilty. However, given the EXACT SAME ALLEGATIONS came out against McCain in 2008 (and were completely false), we are more than a little wary of narratives pushed by the liberal media.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 01:22:14 PM »
No, he may be guilty. However, given the EXACT SAME ALLEGATIONS came out against McCain in 2008 (and were completely false), we are more than a little wary of narratives pushed by the liberal media.

Yep, toss in Clarence Thomas for good measure.

I'll wait & see, thanks, before running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 02:21:32 PM »
This apparently happened 20 years ago.  Depending on what it entails, I see little correlation with the present.  Somebody made some more money.  Politics is dirty business.  Remember Bill Clinton.  His behavior was a fact, lied under oath, and he was still re-elected.

Jamie B, don't vote for Cain.  You wouldn't have anyway based on your phrasing.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 02:52:25 PM »
Seems that the 2 anonymous (for now)women received 5 figure payments, and signed non-disclosure agreements.

The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures

Who are these sources?  If the women are barred from talking about their departures does that mean they have returned those settlements?

POLITICO has confirmed the identities of the two female restaurant association employees who complained about Cain but, for privacy concerns, is not publishing their names.

Not publishing their names for privacy concersn also makes it a little tough to fact check these allegations.

POLITICO learned of the allegations against him, and over the course of several weeks, has put together accounts of what happened by talking to a lengthy roster of former board members, current and past staff and others familiar with the workings of the trade group at the time Cain was there.

Are we not including their names for privacy concerns also?  Again it makes it awfully hard to fact check things when the sources remain confidential.

To give the author his due, on page 4 of the article there are people supporting Herman Cain and saying that they don't believe it, that they did not hear of these allegations when he was with the association and that he was "too gracious" to do something like that.  I noticed that the author did include those peoples names.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 03:15:22 PM »
In a matter of honor you don't take a financial pay-out as recompense.

But, yes, let us wait for the facts.  My suspicion is it's that same Coke can...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 04:07:42 PM »
Jamie B, don't vote for Cain.  You wouldn't have anyway based on your phrasing.
My phrasing has nothing to do with anything.

I detest liars and snakes who live in the political arena.

I also recognize that people today take responsibility for very little, and lie sincerely when caught.

Our boy Anthony Weiner was the most recent example of this.

We will see where this goes, but Cain will reap what he sowed, just as everyone does, in the end.

Cain and his camp are speaking out of both sides of their mouths on this, so it looks quite suspicious.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 04:14:11 PM »
Wait, is this a Republicans are women-haters or a global warming thread? Eh, not like it matters.

One nice thing about Cain doing well in polls and staw polls is that it has been at least 3 or 4 weeks since I heard some idjit (Sean Penn, Jeanine Garofalo, etc.) say that the tea partiers are racist and Republicans don't like Obama because he is black.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »

One nice thing about Cain doing well in polls and staw polls is that it has been at least 3 or 4 weeks since I heard some idjit (Sean Penn, Jeanine Garofalo, etc.) say that the tea partiers are racist and Republicans don't like Obama because he is black.

Last I had heard, Cain's ascendancy PROVED Republicans are racist, because they're just supporting Hermain Cain to fool people into thinking they aren't racist. (Seriously, this came out of that idiot Garafalo's mouth.)

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 04:39:49 PM »
Cain knew the story was coming out.  Time will tell if there is any truth to the story.  Meanwhile, Cain is beginning to worry some very important people.  One could make the case Romney's people are responsible since he has the most to lose the soonest.  The other case is the democrat establishment performed the hit because Cain is cutting into the last group that supports the president.  Interesting to say the least.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 04:44:11 PM »
"Hey, where are the white women at?"

No, wait, that wasn't Cain.  That was Sheriff Bart.  Nevermind.
"It's good, though..."

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »
Agreed Waitone.

I detest liars and snakes who live in the political arena.

I also recognize that people today take responsibility for very little, and lie sincerely when caught.

Me too! Honestly, I would not be surprised if something didn't happen back then.  I want to wait and see what the facts are as best I can.  But it sounds like the facts may be difficult to come by.  Anyone can make a charge.  Cain denies making any payment.  Speaking as a man, I suspect that some woman could probably come up with something I said years ago that could be construed as very incorrect behavior these days.

My favorite of late is Romney's comment that he would not hire illegal aliens, I'm running for president.  Found that to be extremely funny and Freudian.  Hey Man!  Get with the program.  I'm running for president!
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »
Agreed Waitone.

My favorite of late is Romney's comment that he would not hire illegal aliens, I'm running for president.  Found that to be extremely funny and Freudian.  Hey Man!  Get with the program.  I'm running for president!
No kidding. The 2nd time that he was advised that the hired lawnboys were illegals and there was a story about it about to hit, then, and only then, does he do anything. 

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 07:34:08 PM »
Right.

Non-specific sexual harassment claim from years ago, settlements not really large enough to sound like it was anything big if anything at all. I fail to see the big major impact.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 07:45:48 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67194.html

This?......if anything, this shows that he's eminently qualified for an elected postion in Washington D.C......  :laugh:

Still unsubstantiated rumor....not even worth noticing at this point....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »
Given the amounts paid, it sounds like it was cheaper to pay them and make them go away then to fight.  Saw this numerous times (not only Sexual Harrassment charges, not me.) when I was working.  It was cheaper to payoff and make them go away, then go through the long, drawn-out legal process and pay lawyers more then what we were offering to settle.

Tempest in a Teapot.   They had to dig up something to "Hit" him with.  So the tired and true Clarence Thomas Strategy. And they can hit him with it and it's not "racist". 

It's outrageous and bullshit.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 11:26:22 PM »
Given the amounts paid, it sounds like it was cheaper to pay them and make them go away then to fight.  Saw this numerous times (not only Sexual Harrassment charges, not me.) when I was working.  It was cheaper to payoff and make them go away, then go through the long, drawn-out legal process and pay lawyers more then what we were offering to settle.

Tempest in a Teapot.   They had to dig up something to "Hit" him with.  So the tired and true Clarence Thomas Strategy. And they can hit him with it and it's not "racist". 

It's outrageous and bull*expletive deleted*.

Of course it's Racismâ„¢, if the Republicans were just smart enough to spin it that way!  (but they are not)
"It's good, though..."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 07:19:29 AM »
Cain deserves to lose this fight.

He has had 10 days to prepare, as Politico contacted him prior to running the story.
The Cain camp refused to respond.
Watching the news bites this AM, his story is changing from"I do not remember anything" to specific details of the one woman to Greta on Fox last night.

How typical that the denials turn into details. He is done - it is just a question of time now......

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 08:22:41 AM »
If what Mr. Cain said to Gretha is true, he is far from done.  Again, anyone can make a claim and obviously this claim has at least some substance because the person involved was moved out of the organization via a settlement.  Cain believes the settlement is about what a responsible business would give an employee during a termination.

Cain said he didn't respond to the allegations of Politico until he knew for sure what the allegations were (aka published them).  Seems pretty reasonable to me.  There was an incident, but in Cain's words it was dismissed as not being substantive and it was back in the 1990's.  Cain said he barely remembered the incident and had to try to remember as correctly as possible; hence the building comments.  More than likely, Cain called the National Resturant Association for details from their files.  There is no question that it was a cheap shot if what Cain has said is true.

This also fits with Cain's Mo in that he has to define a problem before you can address it.  Responding to something that you don't even know for sure what the allegations are is stupid.  You will notice he did not deny the allegations to Politico.  He didn't because he knew there was an incident and wanted to be sure just what the allegations were.  Did the allegations match his memory of the situation?

Not everyone in politics or wanting to be in politics is a scoundrel.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:26:43 AM by slingshot »