Author Topic: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!  (Read 36601 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 08:43:49 AM »
Actually a good move to determine just what they think they have on you.  Don't want to admit to something no one knows about.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 12:18:05 PM »
Cain deserves to lose this fight.

It sounds more like you really want him to lose this fight.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 12:57:41 PM »
He does if he is a liar, and he seems to be.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »
A liar ... or just unprepared for the attack?  ??? ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2011, 01:28:40 PM »
A liar ... or just unprepared for the attack?  ??? ???
Actually, Politico claimed that they contacted his campaign 10 days before the release.

At this point, Cain's team is guilty of dropping the response ball, if nothing else.

I think that the deeper story is who fed the initial information to Politico.

I saw one of the Politico folks interviewed last night, and they refused to disclose the initial source.

When asked of it was one of the other campaigns, they refused to answer that question.

Maybe the Perry or Romney camps - this seems to be the most interesting question at this point in time.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 02:18:45 PM »
Weiner.  Edwards.  Clinton.  Kennedy.

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »
Underwear. Bridge. Cigar. Corndog.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 05:13:16 PM »
Corndog?????????????????????????

notgonnaasknotgonnaasknotgonnaasknotgonnaaskodearg_dpassthebrainbleach!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 07:11:57 PM »
Unless there is a great deal more to this than what has been reported so far, this will be nothing and Cain will be fine.  So far, I am not seeing anything even approaching political scandals of the past.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 07:23:22 PM »
I just watched Cain on  FNC, and I liked what I saw. The man is conservative, standing up to Krauthammer, who I have believed for a couple of weeks doesn't like Cain. Cain seems to have strong convictions about what's right, which Romney doesn't. Cain shares this with Palin and Bachman, BTW.

I think the Politico hit piece was shameful journalism its worst. I'm thinking of sending Cain some money. I would be comfortable with him as President.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2011, 07:53:50 PM »
Actually, Politico claimed that they contacted his campaign 10 days before the release.

At this point, Cain's team is guilty of dropping the response ball, if nothing else.

I think that the deeper story is who fed the initial information to Politico.

I saw one of the Politico folks interviewed last night, and they refused to disclose the initial source.

When asked of it was one of the other campaigns, they refused to answer that question.

Maybe the Perry or Romney camps - this seems to be the most interesting question at this point in time.

Yea -- Cain DEFINANTLY needs a better and larger team ....plus he needs to bone up on foreign relations.  Saying he'll surround himself by experts may be political reality for all politicos but it doesn't cut it very well in TV interviews and campaigning.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2011, 10:24:16 PM »
Cain needs to get better, that's true.

But who running for President doesn't?

Obama has foreign experience?  At what?  Turning the MENA into a Caliphate? 

What we need isn't a President with "experience," it's a President with values and spine who understands where we stand and what needs to be done.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 11:03:08 PM »
I heard some discussion on the radio today indicated that Cain was/is likely bound by a confidentiality agreement between the accuser and the Restaurant Association.  There was some commentary by some lawyer types that he likely isn't supposed to even mention there was a financial settlement.  Another guy who claimed to be a former HR manager mentioned that he may not have been involved in the investigation/settlement aside from as a witness being interviewed.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2011, 11:31:04 PM »
Actually, Politico claimed that they contacted his campaign 10 days before the release.se

Jamie B, Politico is a left wing liberal group.  You give them way too much credit.  If someone told you they were doing a story on you about something generally considered questionable behavior, wouldn't you want to actually see what they are going to say?  People say a lot of things, but until it is in print, they can deny anything and report whatever they feel like to make you look good or bad.  That's the press...  You repond early and they twist your words.  Remember Cain has access to national TV.  Better to say nothing until you are ready.  However, he should have been a little better prepared.   Does that make him a bad guy?  All I can think of is that Cain felt it was so ridiculous at the beginning that it did not merit his attention.

I think it is shameful reporting and intended to make people think exactly the way you do... liar, dropping the ball, etc.  Herman Cain is such a breath of fresh air in the political campaign.  But I'm afraid that the powers that be will eventually eat him up and spit him out.

(Added)  There is a report this evening that the amount was $35K or about 1 year's salary for the individual involved.  This does not jive with severance amounts mentioned by Cain in interviews on Monday.  No question this is a hatchet job on Cain, but this is troubling. Now I want to know the truth.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:35:13 AM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2011, 08:12:50 AM »
I am well aware of the political landscape here.

BTW, call Herman and tell him that China has had nuclear capability since 1964 (he indicated to PBS that he worried about them acquiring nuclear technology).

Also, watch Herman on O Rielly last night - Bill called him on not being prepared for the story.

And yes, I am aware of the political persuasion of all of these groups.

Cain is devoid of any foreign policy knowledge (Uz-Becky-Becky-Becky-stan, and see China above), and also common sense.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2011, 09:39:22 AM »
I am well aware of the political landscape here.

BTW, call Herman and tell him that China has had nuclear capability since 1964 (he indicated to PBS that he worried about them acquiring nuclear technology).

Also, watch Herman on O Rielly last night - Bill called him on not being prepared for the story.

And yes, I am aware of the political persuasion of all of these groups.

Cain is devoid of any foreign policy knowledge (Uz-Becky-Becky-Becky-stan, and see China above), and also common sense.
So what you are saying is that you didn't like Cain anyway and are just using this opportunity to run him down.  Thanks.  

As you are saying, you have other reasons for not liking him.  IMO, basing any dislike on this story is not sensible.   

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2011, 10:36:15 AM »
As you are saying, you have other reasons for not liking him.  IMO, basing any dislike on this story is not sensible.
Not at all. Your opinion is wrong.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2011, 11:18:05 AM »
Frankly, I don't give a damn. Everyone on each side is simply going to believe what they wanted to. Cain's a perv, and he did it. The "victim" was simply out for a pay-off, or had a vendetta, or just went intentionally overboard-PC about something that could have been interpreted in more than one way.

However, while two data points is not a statistic, I sort of have a hunch there's a trend with Cain and Clarence Thomas that the Left likes to go all "Oh no, the black guy is gonna get all grabby with the wimminz!" When of course, they tolerate all sorts of known philanderers within their own party, and really only throw them to the wolves when it counts for nothing, like Wiener, where his district was disappearing anyway...

Any incumbent with a down economy and unemployment over 7% and under 50% approval ratings, even a corpse could defeat Obama.

I just want Romney OUT of this race, period. Someone who set up the first major .gov socialized medicine system in the U.S. simply has no place in the GOP.

Huntsman and Gingrich... no love for them either, but I don't think they're factors in the race.

Besides the general resurgence of conservatism that Obama and the Tea Party has created, the other side of the coin is getting RINO's out of the party, and out of office.
I promise not to duck.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2011, 11:55:44 AM »
Maybe someone can convince Thompson to run.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2011, 12:02:33 PM »
I can't believe it, but I've warmed up to Gingrich. He's still not my first choice, but should Cain flame-out, I'll vote for the guy who's has a good record of conservative governance.

I'd still prefer an executive, and I'd still prefer someone with sound moral character (he may have, since his 3rd marriage, become moral, but after 2 marriages ended by his infidelity, there's no proof), but most of all I prefer a conservative.

Gingrich may get my vote by being the least unacceptable candidate in the race.

Cain's still got my support for now, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »
I can't believe it, but I've warmed up to Gingrich. He's still not my first choice, but should Cain flame-out, I'll vote for the guy who's has a good record of conservative governance.

I'd still prefer an executive, and I'd still prefer someone with sound moral character (he may have, since his 3rd marriage, become moral, but after 2 marriages ended by his infidelity, there's no proof), but most of all I prefer a conservative.

Gingrich may get my vote by being the least unacceptable candidate in the race.

Cain's still got my support for now, though.

Gingrich's ideological purity is extremely suspect. The way he's gon pal'ing around with the MMGW crowd and cap-n-trade schemes, and Pelosi & Co. when she was in power is not encouraging to me.

Not so much because he believed in those things, but because he'll flip anywhere to maintain some relevance or power. It would be fine if it were the Tea Party who had him tightly by the short-n-curlies, but I'm not sure who or what interests he truly represents.

His commanding performance with the "Contract With America" after '94 looks not so much now as him being an upsurping conservative iconoclast trying to tear down the Left's spending and excesses under Clinton, but merely as someone opportunistically riding a wave.
I promise not to duck.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2011, 01:50:57 PM »
Gingrich's ideological purity is extremely suspect. The way he's gon pal'ing around with the MMGW crowd and cap-n-trade schemes, and Pelosi & Co. when she was in power is not encouraging to me.

Not so much because he believed in those things, but because he'll flip anywhere to maintain some relevance or power. It would be fine if it were the Tea Party who had him tightly by the short-n-curlies, but I'm not sure who or what interests he truly represents.

His commanding performance with the "Contract With America" after '94 looks not so much now as him being an upsurping conservative iconoclast trying to tear down the Left's spending and excesses under Clinton, but merely as someone opportunistically riding a wave.

And he's still an acceptable not-Romney.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2011, 04:26:56 PM »
>And he's still an acceptable not-Romney. <

That describes damn near everyone IN Washington.

As much as I want to see Obama out of office, I don't want it at the cost of putting another RINO in. If we do that, we just validated (again) their belief that paying lip service when forced to is enough to keep getting elected...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2011, 05:19:01 PM »

As much as I want to see Obama out of office, I don't want it at the cost of putting another RINO in. If we do that, we just validated (again) their belief that paying lip service when forced to is enough to keep getting elected...

What he said.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2011, 05:26:04 PM »

Are you willing to have 4 more years of BO in order to hold onto your ideals?  And NO, I do not want another RINO in office.  I just think that BO would do more harm than can be repaired in our lifetime.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com