Author Topic: Great Charity  (Read 1527 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Great Charity
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:22:44 AM »
Here is a great charity I just learned about.

It is called Snowball Express and they fly children and the surviving parent of fallen Service Members to Dallas for a weekend vacation.

http://www.snowballexpress.org/home

Snowball Express started in early 2006 with a simple idea: Provide hope and new memories to the children of military fallen heroes who have died while on active duty since 9/11.

America should honor and pay tribute to the children of those military fallen heroes who have died while honorably serving since 9/11.

Their mission statement.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: Great Charity
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
I will pass this on to others,

Due to recent scandals, and the tight economy, folks seem to be very careful with charities these days, and struggle looking for good ones.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 01:46:08 PM »
The sad thing is that there are dozens of worthwhile charities working to truly help people that have taken it on the chin, so to speak, because of con artists and criminals pretending to be a charity, or even a part of a real charity.  This looks like one of many worthwhile groups, doing really good work.  I'll pass it on.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 01:52:57 PM »
The sad thing is that there are dozens of worthwhile charities working to truly help people that have taken it on the chin, so to speak, because of con artists and criminals pretending to be a charity, or even a part of a real charity.  This looks like one of many worthwhile groups, doing really good work.  I'll pass it on.

Chris you are correct.  That is why it is up to the person doing the giving to research the charity first.  Also the fact being that I am in the Military, my wife and I will look towards those charities supporting us and our families first.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 06:57:57 AM »