Author Topic: A dog in Ga needs help  (Read 7524 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
A dog in Ga needs help
« on: December 10, 2011, 11:17:24 AM »
           My heart hurts for this pup. Can anyone please help? Anyone at all? She deserves to know that life can mean being loved and cared for and not having to be afraid. She needs to experience being a puppy and run and play and eat a sofa or two... please, help her.
Many Will Die on Saturday - Shelter is FULL! McDonough, GA
‎$100.00 SPONSORSHIP (private sponsorship)

This girl was walked in the front door as a stray but we feel the person was her owner. Sheila is absolutely paralyzed with fear. I feel SO very sorry for her.

She is a just a baby. Wearing a new pink collar, she is healthy and so very beautiful. Her life will most likely end here if I cannot find rescue since she lays huddled in the corner adopters do not look at dogs like her. They think they are sick or will be a problem.

She is just so terrified. Bert picked her up and she just snuggled into him. Please help us spare her life.

Betsy~

Sheila ID# 12/7-4463

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
►SPONSORSHIP If you would like to sponsor this pup:
http://wyvonnia.chipin.com/sheila-at-henry-county-ga
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
►Click here for Rules on Rescue, Adoption, and Sponsorship Qualification: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19qJhPXwux_TwxHSqOlqYlOQNy1EydjSe86fAMnjCbAo/edit?hl=en_US
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
►CONTACT INFO FOR SHELTER◄
Email Betsy at: mystiblu@bellsouth.net
Henry County Animal Care and Control
527 Hampton Street
McDonough, Georgia 30253 ♦ (770) 288-7401
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/GA67.html
Henry County Animal Care and Control - McDonough, GA SPONSORSHIP AMOUNTS AVAILABLE TO RESCUES: $195.00 for Khloe $160.00 for Lennon ($110.00 thru chipin & $50.00 private sponsorship) $140.00 for Mansel $135.00 for Mario $300.00 for Mayla $140.00 for Merlyn $110.00 for Mortimer $185.00 for Moses $110.00 for Nacho $110...See More

This Facebook post is from a friend of mine.  We have already adopted one dog from there and she is really skittish, but getting better.  She is full of joy but is terrified to be touched.  She will come up asking for affection but shys away from the hand she wants to be petted by.  This dog seems to be a tan lab mix.  I wish I could get the picture to transfer.  Just picture a young dog with its paws gripping the ground and cowering head down to avoid being seen or touched.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: A dog in Ga needs help
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 06:44:18 PM »
Sorry, not my neck of the woods.

We did get a rescue Golden from our vet as a pup 3 1/2 years ago.

Absolutely awesome dog, great guard dog, and great family pet.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »
I followed the links, hoping to see a picture of the pup.  No luck.  It's just as well since I couldn't really do anything for it.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »
Something fishy.  I followed the first link, no pic.  Just a text description on a web page that advertises itself as "the easy way to collect money" with no apparent connection to the shelter in question.

Also, I followed the link to the animal shelter and there is no "Shiela" for adoption, nor an animal listed with th control number 12/7-4463.  IF that were a legit control number then the animal will not "die tomorrow" as their numbering system seems to be date centric, the first number in the series being the date the animal was brought in and the second number in the series some kind of control number.  There are many animals with date codes extending back well into November.

I also find it extremely fishy that the message lists different "sponsorship" amounts for different animals.  Most shelters charge a set fee.  I also could find nothing on the shelter's linked website that mentioned anything about dollar amounts.

Stories of kids and animals in need are a perfect way for ne'er-do-wells to dupe well-meaning saps into parting with a few of their hard-earned dollars.  For me there's lots of red flags going up surrounding this story.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 08:52:09 PM »
Our much beloved pets are rescue animals although our dog was rescued as a pup by my son after she was dumped in his neighborhood and before she ever saw a shelter. We drove from Michigan to Tennessee to get her when he was sent to Iraq. 

If we ever need another pet, first we will ask our vet if he knows of an animal in need of a home; then, if he knows of none, the LOCAL humane society. There is no reason to go out of state.

Come to think of it, our vet decided we needed a cat rather than our perceiving a need for one before his suggestion. Oh, well.  He was right, and her previous owner (#3) was wrong.
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 10:15:30 PM »
What I posted was a re-post from a rescue in Montana which is tied in with rescues around the country.  I posted it just before leaving the house.  I have no reason to think it is bogus, but I have been wrong before. :facepalm:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 12:18:54 AM »
It's Christmas season. Sadly, every scammer in the known universe ratchets up the effort at this time of year, hoping to cash in on the Christmas spirit.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design