Author Topic: What a way to go!  (Read 8185 times)

HankB

• friend
What a way to go!
« on: March 29, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »
A coffin for bacon lovers.

Should this be the subject of a group buy for APS members concerned about the (hopefully) distant future?

http://store.baconsalt.com/Bacon-Coffin_p_118.html

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Bacon-Coffin-lets-bacon-lovers-die-AND-go-to-Heaven-144915135.html
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: What a way to go!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »
Would it be wrong of me to say that these should be used for any Gitmo detainees that happen to expire?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »
Would it be wrong of me to say that these should be used for any Gitmo detainees that happen to expire?

Yes, because a very large number of Gitmo detainees are released without any charges. Some of our allies are (gasp) not great folks and often sell us some random guy to get paid.

Basically, it wouldn't be wrong, as long as you wouldn't mind if I bashed you over the head, sold you to DurkaDurkaStan, said you were an evil filthy terrorist or enemy combatant or telemarketer, collected a nice bounty while you tried telling the DurkaDurkaStani soldiers (in English, which they don't speak) that you're certainly not a telemarketer, and you got buried in ... I dunno, a Hi Point themed casket.

Detained != guilty of squat.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 01:48:29 PM »
Yes, because a very large number of Gitmo detainees are released without any charges.
What about released detainees we catch later on because they're attacking us again? Can I put those in a bacon coffin?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
Yes, because a very large number of Gitmo detainees are released without any charges. Some of our allies are (gasp) not great folks and often sell us some random guy to get paid.

Wrong. The detainees at Gitmo were all rounded up by Halliburton squads, who simply snatch any Muslim or brown-skinned person they see. They are never released; simply held indefinitely without charges. Plus, we burn their Korans.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
Terrorists.....telemarketers....I'm not seeing a downside to this plan....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »

Wrong. The detainees at Gitmo were all rounded up by Halliburton squads, who simply snatch any Muslim or brown-skinned person they see. They are never released; simply held indefinitely without charges. Plus, we burn their Korans.
Wow, those guys must be real lazy.  I see more of those people around Houston than they have in Gitmo, must less overseas.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 10:15:26 PM »
When I get cremated, the wife agreed to throw in a pound of bacon......chris3

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 10:43:35 PM »
When I get cremated, the wife agreed to throw in a pound of bacon......chris3

Cooked, I hope, so you can enjoy it.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 02:13:45 AM »
Terrorists.....telemarketers....I'm not seeing a downside to this plan....

... and people who talk in the theater.   :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 09:31:22 AM »
Wow, those guys must be real lazy.  I see more of those people around Houston than they have in Gitmo, must less overseas.   =D
They're crafty - they've learned that the best way to avoid being picked up is to pretend they only speak Spanish.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 10:22:45 AM »
I want my corpse to be saponified with lye.

And then have the resulting slurry be explosively distributed over the next/nearest congregation of leftists by a cold-gas bursting charge.
I promise not to duck.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 10:25:49 AM »

And then have the resulting slurry be explosively distributed over the next/nearest congregation of leftists by a cold-gas bursting charge.

No problem. Except "cold gas" might unfortunately be "insanely hot gas". And "leftists" might unfortunately be "hippies". 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 01:33:52 PM »

Crop duster would be more dramatic....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »

Would you settle for being mixed into water and shot out of a firehouse at hippies during a Occupy Whatever event?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
Would you settle for being mixed into water and shot out of a firehouse at hippies during a Occupy Whatever event?

If the main plan can't be realized. These are all relatively acceptable alternatives.

Although I've been thinking along the lines of making the whole thing more "personal". Each of my heirs get a photo and dossier of an intended target, a water balloon filled with my rendered remains, and the must successfully pelt and soak the target to inherit.
I promise not to duck.