Author Topic: Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations..."  (Read 79578 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations..."
« Reply #275 on: June 03, 2012, 03:18:53 PM »
If he is aquitted, you know this administration will bring civil rights charges.  Literally the day of the aquittal I'd be on a plane or boat out of the country.

Why wait? He should have done that last week.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #276 on: June 03, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »
If he is aquitted, you know this administration will bring civil rights charges.  Literally the day of the aquittal I'd be on a plane or boat out of the country.

His only hope in that case would be to delay the trial so that it would highly unlikely to conclude before the election.  If Obama is a lame duck I wouldn't think he'd bother with that.  Maybe, just to be spiteful.  But I think he'd have so many other spiteful actions to take that this wouldn't be high enough on the priorities list.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #277 on: June 03, 2012, 09:24:58 PM »

This.....hope his lawyer brushed up on the Richard Jewell & LAPD Police/Rodney King Federal cases....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #278 on: June 04, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
Things would be so much easier on the judge if Zimmerman got some jailhouse justice and didn't make it to trial . . .

(He's in isolation now - let's hope someone doesn't make an error and put him in the general population for a bit. )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2012, 08:08:56 AM »
By this logic, when a police officer on patrol is attacked and kills a perp, it's not self defense, either.

What about a fisherman who is fishing for Tuna and is attacked by a great white shark.  If he then kills the shark in heated battle,  was he fishing or engaged in sweet, sweet sea-battle?

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #280 on: June 05, 2012, 09:23:03 AM »
What about a fisherman who is fishing for Tuna and is attacked by a great white shark.  If he then kills the shark in heated battle,  was he fishing or engaged in sweet, sweet sea-battle?

Poaching, according to the Whale-War-types.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #281 on: June 05, 2012, 10:14:26 AM »
What about a fisherman who is fishing for Tuna and is attacked by a great white shark.  If he then kills the shark in heated battle,  was he fishing or engaged in sweet, sweet sea-battle?

I don't think you're allowed to keep a GWS.   [tinfoil]   Make that a mako, or salmon shark, or thresher and you've got some great table fare that is legal in at least some parts of the USA to keep.   [ar15]

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #282 on: June 05, 2012, 11:30:05 AM »
I don't think you're allowed to keep a GWS.   ...

But the shark is allow to keep you.

Sounds a lot like the Z-M incident: lots of people are prejudiced against sharks.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #283 on: June 05, 2012, 11:48:54 AM »
Yes, but only White sharks.... (or sharks who have one parent who is Great White and one that is....  gah. ran out of steam on that one)
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #284 on: June 05, 2012, 03:32:24 PM »
Yes, but only White sharks.... (or sharks who have one parent who is Great White and one that is....  gah. ran out of steam on that one)

Maybe if you'd led with the "3/5ths GWS Rule"?....

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #285 on: June 05, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »

Maybe when underwater, black and white are reversed  ???   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin