Author Topic: Solution to OPEC  (Read 5334 times)

...has left the building.

Solution to OPEC
« on: June 04, 2006, 09:09:49 AM »
I was talking to my Dad on the phone yesterday and in between the normal updates we got talking about OPEC. Mind you, my Dad is a guy with a great sense of humor. This is the same guy that told me when I was a kid that Sally Struthers should send the Africans Jeeps to "Get the hell out of the desert" instead of sending them consumable food. Come to think of it, I should buy him a subscription to the Onion, he would love it.

Anyway, we were talking about OPEC and his solution was that the U.S., Europe, China, parts of South America, and Russia need to form the International Corn and Wheat Cartel®. Since their cartel is playing hardball, why not play ball? Obviously, they can't grow dent corn in the middle of the desert and I can't drill for crude here in Indiana. So instead of letting them just bend us over unanswered, we should form a counter-cartel. The International Corn and Wheat Cartel®'s mission would be to artficially inflate the price of wheat and corn to non-cartel (OPEC!) nations. The ultimate goal would be to force the price of crude down Cheesy

I could even be the Chairman of the Board! Thoughts?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Solution to OPEC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 12:45:44 PM »
This idea was floated with about the same amount of thought in c.1975.  I believe there was a song along the same lines "Cut Off The Crude, We Cut Off The Food."
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

...has left the building.

Solution to OPEC
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »
Quote from: The Rabbi
This idea was floated with about the same amount of thought in c.1975.  I believe there was a song along the same lines "Cut Off The Crude, We Cut Off The Food."
Hmm...I didn't know that there was a real-world attempt. Interesting!