Author Topic: What if Romney chooses Ryan as a running mate?  (Read 35405 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: What if Romney chooses Ryan as a running mate?
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 07:47:44 PM »
Not bad at all for a fat chick.

So is Delta Burke, but I wouldn't want her for VP....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »
So my thought is, who would be the dumbest person for Mitt to pick?  John McCain?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 09:23:31 PM »
So my thought is, who would be the dumbest person for Mitt to pick?  John McCain?
Yeah I'm not so sure I can top that.

How about the most entertaining?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 10:56:29 PM »

Hans Rodriguez* Huntsman is probably the dumbest pick he could make.

*(that's a joke on the fact that Jon Huntsman's own campaign misspelled his name during the primaries)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 11:05:44 PM »
Foxnews just popped up a breaking news alert.

Romney is now scheduled to make the announcement tomorrow at 9am from Norfolk.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:20 PM »

Ed Grimley?  Or how about Donald Trump?
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »
Dan Quayle?

Joe the Plumber?

Or if we really wanna drive the moonbats crazy-er, Katherine Harris.  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 11:45:13 PM »
Foxnews just popped up a breaking news alert.

Romney is now scheduled to make the announcement tomorrow at 9am from Norfolk.

I saw another "report" (read that as wild speculative rumor) that a plane chartered in Boston landed in Paul Ryan's hometown tonight.

There, I added to the useless speculation.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 12:20:23 AM »
As of 21:19 PST, Huffington Post is saying it is Ryan.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 02:09:41 AM »
Well, it looks like the liberal media is going nuts already, complaining that Ryan is a white guy. Maybe he could get a deep tan. He's probably "more black" than Obama anyway.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 08:33:11 AM »
Wall Street Journal says Paul Ryan will be announced as running mate today.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443404004577582112521141598.html
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 09:08:20 AM »
Foxnews has been reporting this morning that it's Ryan as well. Running a few minutes over, saying they should be starting shortly.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »
Is anyone else REALLY excited for the VP debate between Ryan and Biden?  Should be fun to watch :)

grampster

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 09:41:52 AM »
Like I said in another thread, Romney will be demonized no matter who he picks, so he should pick a solid conservative like Ryan.  Ryan is well spoken and smart, too.

Rush always says that if we have a conservative running against a liberal, conservatives always win.  We shall see.

I firmly believe that the majority of America is not as stupid and lazy as some think.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 09:42:54 AM »
Like I said in another thread, Romney will be demonized no matter who he picks, so he should pick a solid conservative like Ryan.  Ryan is well spoken and smart, too.

Rush always says that if we have a conservative running against a liberal, conservatives always win.  We shall see.

I firmly believe that the majority of America is not as stupid and lazy as some think.

Wish I had your optimism
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 09:49:54 AM »

You're confused.  Ryan isn't running against Romney.  They're running as a team.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »
You're confused.  Ryan isn't running against Romney.  They're running as a team.

I'm smellin' what you're steppin' in. ;)
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 10:16:52 AM »

And it is, in fact, Paul Ryan.

Watched it live.

Heh.

A devout Mormon and a devout Catholic, willing to say the kinds of things Reagan used to say, and meaning it.

I am encouraged.

Optimism.

Optimism for a change.

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2012, 10:48:58 AM »
Great speech. I'm quietly optimistic.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »
I said he should pick someone better than himself. He did. I am, for now, encouraged.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2012, 11:27:06 AM »
Great speech. I'm quietly optimistic.

First hurdle crossed.

Now they need to win. (And the GOP, the Senate...)

Then, Ryan needs as much authority over budgets and entitlement reform as Cheney had over AWOT.

I'm seeing some mixed static from folks nominally on "our side" of the asile, in the general direction of conservative/libertarian-ly speaking, on Facebook, some feeling this choice was "safe", and others "too risky". Ryan is not as "rock star" as Palin was as she burst on the scene, but he has infinitely more depth.

I also think Romney picked exactly who Obama and the DNC didn't want him to pick.  =)
I promise not to duck.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »
I have to say that I am pleased with the Ryan selection for VP candidate.  I think Ryan wins regardless of whether the Romney-Ryan team win in November.

I was never comfortable with the Rubio pick.  I frankly liked Jeb Bush better, but Rubio had youth on his side.  Jeb Bush had experience and legacy.

Of the other likely candidates, I felt that all would be viewed as token VP candidates although choosing the Ohio governor might have tilted that state to Romney.  I think FL will vote based on FL issues and social security and health care are significant issues there.  That does not mean that retiree's won't vote for modifying the current system as that current system is failing.  To my knowledge, none of the proposals change the current system significantly, but change it in about a 10 year window.  If you think about retirement, you really start thinking about it begining at about age 50 if you have the financial means.  Otherwise, you have to take what you get and have no ability to really prepare other than downsizing signficantly.

The Paul Ryan pick puts Romney square in the middle of reforming the current government programs and I like that.  That is as it should be because I think this election may well be the most significant election in the last 50 years since Obama's programs have simply not worked regardless of what he says.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

agricola

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2012, 12:28:49 PM »
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2012, 01:22:58 PM »
Isn't Ryan the guy who pushed an old lady over a cliff? :laugh:

He seems OK to me, however, at this point rotting fish could do a better job the our current POTUS .

I do not want the apocalypse just yet, we need 4 yrs of economic policy designed to let poor people get a job, not a check from big brother...then when I've got my bug out kit and ammo/gun situation sorted out we can go back to destroying the country with some euroweenie wannabe again.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »
If we don't win this election with this ticket then America is no longer America.  And that is a distinct possibility.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.