Author Topic: Egypt and Libya embassy attacks  (Read 46056 times)

Bigjake

• friend
Egypt and Libya embassy attacks
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/11/gunmen-reportedly-attack-us-consulate-in-libya/

First they overrun the walls in Cairo,  trash our flag and hoist their own (with impunity),  and now this?  One " American staff member"  (which sounds suspiciously like a MSG) killed, several wounded.

I thought that repelling the enemy assault by fire and close combat was how we handled this? 

Pissed to be reading this sort of thing on 9/11.  Not really much to discuss,  I'm just surprised we're rolling over and taking it on this one,  especially in friggin' Libya.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Egypt and Libya embassy attacks
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:31:31 PM »
We should invade both places.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »
We should invade both places.
Or withdraw from both places.  To hell with them.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51:07 PM »
Evacuate staff. Fill embassy with explosives. Detonate. Repeat as necessary. Apply budgeted foreign aid to defense and/or fortified border wall. Let 3rd world sheepshaggers vent their rage on one another.  :mad:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 08:55:33 PM »
The only ROE we need for those situations is to have the nearest missle cruiser/sub launch a half-dozen cruise missles targeting the embassy to "reclaim" the grounds....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 08:58:13 PM »
Evacuate staff. Fill embassy with explosives. Detonate. Repeat as necessary. Apply budgeted foreign aid to defense and/or fortified border wall. Let 3rd world sheepshaggers vent their rage on one another.  :mad:

Sick puppy! I like the way you think! DETCORD x infinity.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »
I bet the Marines there were not allowed to shoot a single member of that mob.   =(
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 09:29:34 PM »
You gentlemen are forgetting, Obama Term 1 is actually Jimmy Carter's 2nd term.

And we all know how Jimmy handled embassy invasions.   :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »

Les Aspin's spirit pervades...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 10:09:15 PM »
I bet the Marines there were not allowed to shoot a single member of that mob.   =(

I can guarantee it. In Beirut they weren't even allowed to be Condition 1, I bet the same is true here. Pathetic.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 10:57:26 PM »

Jimmy failed in the desert, and Obama did get OBL. He deserves credit for that.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 01:00:28 AM »

No, Obama was just the guy sitting in the Oval Office when OBL was taken out.  The folks Inteligence who tracked OBL's movements for years and the boots on the ground that invaded OBL's compound deserve the credit for taking OBL out.

Obama and his buddies sat in a comfy office and watched the events on a big screen TV.

I concur with leaving the screaming beards of the Middle East (and other places) to wallow in their superstitions and willful ignorance.

"We'll leave you alone if you leave us alone.  Continue to make pests of yourselves against the rest of world and there will be no other option but to expunge the infestation that is you from the planet."
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 01:19:49 AM »
I might be willing to give Obama some credit for that if he and his fellow Democrats weren't doing their best to play up his role in it for the election.  The history channel was advertising some show about it playing quotes from administration officials acting like they were key parts of the mission rather than just watching.

And also, I am concerned they will retaliate against the retired Seal who is putting out that book. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 01:33:04 AM »
And also, I am concerned they will retaliate against the retired Seal who is putting out that book. 

Whistleblowers do tend to get the shaft as a matter of Federal policy.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 03:00:46 AM »
OBL is a couple of pages in the history of the Caliphate.

The Plan is on schedule.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 04:53:16 AM »
Evacuate the embassy and consulate and carpet home a 5 block radius around each back to the stone age.

Oh wait, it's already still in the stone age, nevermind.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 06:10:53 AM »
Whistleblowers do tend to get the shaft as a matter of Federal policy.
I wouldn't really define him as a whistle blower, but just about the same response.  Hopefully, that will change up February next year.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 06:18:13 AM »
Obama deserves credit for getting OBL to exactly the same degree that Richard Nixon deserves credit for Neil Armstrong's footsteps on the Moon.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 06:28:50 AM »
Radio reports this morning are that our ambassador to LYbia and 2 staffers have been killed and their naked bodies dragged through the streets of Bengahzi.

Can Obama apologize to Islam fast enough?

ETA-FOX reporting ambassador and 3 staffers.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:46:45 AM by RoadKingLarry »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 07:20:42 AM »
Obama deserves credit for getting OBL to exactly the same degree that Richard Nixon deserves credit for Neil Armstrong's footsteps on the Moon.

Best. Analogy. Ever.

Radio reports this morning are that our ambassador to LYbia and 2 staffers have been killed and their naked bodies dragged through the streets of Bengahzi.

Amending my prior ROE....make at least one missle a nuke....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 07:28:46 AM »

Gee, glad we "led from behind" on that one.   Didn't the roman empire kill 10 for every one citizen harmed?

agricola

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 07:38:34 AM »
Gee, glad we "led from behind" on that one.   Didn't the roman empire kill 10 for every one citizen harmed?

No, that was 1 out of every 10 of their own soldiers who ran off.  

If you rebelled against Rome, if they were in the mind to give a salutary lesson they would kill everything - men, women, children, cats, dogs, plants, "the mood", farm animals etc.  If they were in a more forgiving frame of mind they would just kill all the men who looked like they were of fighting age and enslave the rest.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 07:44:20 AM »

Just invading the embassy is an act of war.

There needs to be a special level of response for killing an American ambassador.

For example, the immediate and permanent removal of your city from the world and a demand for the immediate and unconditional surrender of your country.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 07:44:56 AM »
Another black mark for our esteemed President.  BO deserves the credit for only giving the order to take out OBL.  Even Carter would have done that if for no other reason than how he would be remembered in history.  Evenything comes out eventually.

It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 07:45:28 AM »
No, that was 1 out of every 10 soldiers who ran off.  

Hence the term decimate from Latin more or less to remove 1/10th.

I predict Hillary will "most strongly condemn" the violent acts of a few rogue protesters and Obama will condemn the production of any media that might remotely be construed as possibly critical of Islam or "The Prophet".

Samuel Adams