Author Topic: Egypt and Libya embassy attacks  (Read 46073 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Egypt and Libya embassy attacks
« Reply #275 on: September 18, 2012, 05:58:16 PM »
There's a 'real' America and a 'fake' America?

Based upon founding principles, yes more or less.

The majority of folks voting don't really even have a passing understanding of the concepts of liberty, natural rights or republican form of government.

The fake America is almost the majority.

If "real" means having nationalistic pride easily manipulated by sophists or strong feelings easily manipulated by sophists, yes we are all one big dysfunctional nation.

Heck, I voted for GWB twice! What was I thinking?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #276 on: September 18, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »

OK, I yield.  Trying to defend it in my head right now and I can't come up with anything good.

Something along the lines of:

Real America - People that aren't terribly affected by much of anything in the Middle East.
Fake America - People that play games with numbers or policies in one of two big cities off the Atlantic coast, and pretend they have control over the rest of the world.

It still doesn't change my point though.

AgitProp agenda #1 comes out, and the crowd doesn't rabblerabblerabble enough for a new war.  So, AgitProp agenda #2 comes out, to repeal the negative effects that AgitProp agenda #1 created if we didn't respond with dramatic force.  After all, a Nation cannot stand around and just let an Ambassador be broom-raped and not retaliate at all.  So, #2 expunges that idea from the public arena.

And the authors of both agendas live in two cities off the Atlantic coast.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #277 on: September 18, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »

I certainly don't recognize the America that Barack's campaign commercials talk about...
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2012, 10:38:49 PM »
I don't know about free and non-oppressive, but I think it's quite arguable that more Muslims live in nations that are at least nominal US allies than not.

While that may technically be correct, I harbor no illusions that "nominal allies" are in any way to be confused with "allies."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design