Author Topic: Hurray for the FDA  (Read 1159 times)

zahc

• friend
Hurray for the FDA
« on: October 31, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »
I just came across this the other day. An iPhone app to custom-equalize your phone's output. It looks like it was a pretty cool app, but the FDA basically forced them to remove their key feature. The "for entertainment purposes only" CYA didn't even protect them. Absurdity.

EarTrumpet is a novelty hearing application that consists of a hearing test simulator and personal sound amplification tool. This application is for entertainment purposes only.

Removed the auto configure filter feature to abide by FDA regulations.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eartrumpet/id385494796?mt=8
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

HankB

• friend
Re: Hurray for the FDA
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »
If they're smart they merely disabled the auto configure feature, and at some point an "unofficial" patch will be posted by "someone" to the Web to enable it again.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Hurray for the FDA
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:21:15 PM »
And they do such a wonder job of keeping harmful drugs off the shelves.  I mean look at all the ads from lawyers soliciting clients to sue various Pharmaceutical companies for selling drugs that went through the FDA's rigorous testing regimen. 

And the way they keep those tainted steroids off the market through their stringent inspection process.

What's their purpose again?   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.