Author Topic: School Shooting at CT Elementary School  (Read 54068 times)

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
School Shooting at CT Elementary School
« on: December 14, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Hutch

• friend
School shooting in CT; deaths reported of kindergarteners.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:02:30 PM »
Oh God, why?  Shooter dead, apparently.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: School Shooting at CT Elementary School
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 12:52:01 PM »
Crud. 

Listening to Fox News, which is reporting five kids and four adult dead.  Father of a student may be the shooter, or one of them.

:'(
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »
"At least 26 dead including 18 children."

"The shooter was wearing a military vest."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
I was listening on the news while driving home a while ago. Parents not able to find their children, how frightening that must be.

This will not end well for proponents of gun freedom.

The push for a hi-cap magazine ban will start immediatley, and have a good chance of passing. When children are killed, emotions will be the overriding factor when making decisions.

bob

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
It's times like this I begin to think that there can't possibly be a loving God in this universe
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 01:20:25 PM »
Yesterday, my wife and I were touring the school where we will likely send our oldest for Kindergarten.  I never felt so uneasy as I did when I saw the large "no weapons allowed" signs right at the corner of the premises and at every entrance.

Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »
There's a method to their madness - these scumbags always seem to head for a soft target.

The reaction by the usual suspects will be to call for even more victim disarmament.   :facepalm:

Without knowing anything about the shooter, I'd venture to guess there's a good chance he'd been prescribed psycho meds by some pill-pushing quack of a shrink . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »
Without knowing anything about the shooter, I'd venture to guess there's a good chance he'd been prescribed psycho meds by some pill-pushing quack of a shrink . . .

I think it far more likely he was off any anti-psychotics that had been prescribed.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 01:32:22 PM »

I think it far more likely he was off any anti-psychotics that had been prescribed.

Or the shrink thought there was a danger but couldn't say anything about it...
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 01:41:09 PM »
Or the shrink thought there was a danger but couldn't say anything about it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_to_warn#Clinical_psychology

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »
I think it is a bit early to start speculating as to why it happened. 

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »
There are some reports that the shooter is a parent of one of the students.   ???

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 02:04:51 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_to_warn#Clinical_psychology

Duty to warn only applies to an identifiable threat.  So yes, if he goes and tells his therapist he is going to kill a bunch of kids at a school, then there is a duty to warn.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »
I was listening on the news while driving home a while ago. Parents not able to find their children, how frightening that must be.

This will not end well for proponents of gun freedom.

The push for a hi-cap magazine ban will start immediatley, and have a good chance of passing. When children are killed, emotions will be the overriding factor when making decisions.

bob

Boss started asking questions. First was "It had to be an automatic gun, right?". Then she wanted to know why you need a gun that can hold "27 bullets"?

Also protested that even an armed teacher or CCW permit holding adult on school grounds wouldn't have been able to stop something like this, because "it happened so fast." And that "they would have to reload, and the gunman didn't"

Normally, I really respect the women I work for, but when it comes to understanding guns or violent crime or SD, damn, they are dumb.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »
I'm expecting cries for some sort of weapons ban in 3-2-1....
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »
I think it is a bit early to start speculating as to why it happened. 

Yes.

Also this.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »

Also a "military vest" ban.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 02:32:25 PM »
That the shooter was only 20, and presumably had a pair of handguns is going to be an interesting twist once the press gets on that angle. Or maybe they won't because the laws in both states the shooter seems to be tied to didn't work or were ignored.

That the shooter at the suburban Milwaukee spa who was out to get his estranged wife bought it in a private sale through Armslist.com while under arms prohibition due to a restraining/protection order is the subject of a lawsuit currently.

AFAIK, NJ does allow private sales between individuals, but they must both have a FID/FOID card. And you can't get one for a pistol if under 21.

In CT, you can do a non-FFL private sale, but it has to be run through the State with forms/checks and both must have ownership permits. Again, under 21 not permitted.

(Ah, now some reports say he was 24 and a relative of a teacher at the school.)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:40:32 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 02:38:33 PM »
and presumably had a pair of handguns

And now reporting a .223 caliber rifle.

This is going to get a lot worse for gun owners, and pretty quick I have a feeling. Probably won't hear cries for gun control today, but just wait until tomorrow!!

bob

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 02:40:28 PM »
I'm not sure which turns my stomach more. This psycho doing this, or the ambulance chasing gun-nazis that are going to use this tragedy to push their agenda.

Who is worse, the person that commits the atrocity, or the person who exploits that atrocity for personal gain?

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 02:43:38 PM »
There are some reports that the shooter is a parent of one of the students.   ???

Now they are saying that the shooter's mother was a Kindergarten teacher at the school. 

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 02:45:36 PM »
I'm not sure which turns my stomach more. This psycho doing this, or the ambulance chasing gun-nazis that are going to use this tragedy to push their agenda.

Who is worse, the person that commits the atrocity, or the person who exploits that atrocity for personal gain?

I say the best defense is a good offense.

Openly advocate for armed teachers/staff, and if that ever actually happens, these school spree shootings will be a memory.  The CCW/Shoot Back argument started in earnest during VT and got some traction.

At minimum it might at least push the gun arguments to a "draw".

(edit) https://www.facebook.com/rlanza?fref=ts look while you can.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:48:39 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »

Thought they are both despicable in different ways, I would have to give the edge to the killer. I am sure there will be no shortage of groups and politicians that will exploit this in a huge variety of ways.

Within the next few days I am sure we will hear about any kind of treatment he underwent, books he read, violent movies he watched, music he listened to, guns he owned, and all sorts of other aspects of his life that 'experts' can pick apart.